Does Power of Darkness stack?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

SemprusOfClarGarond
Trainee Warrior

Does Power of Darkness stack?

Post by SemprusOfClarGarond »

If I have two sorceresses in a unit, can they both cast Power of Darkness and then add a total of +2 strength to the unit?
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: Does Power of Darkness stack?

Post by Daeron »

I would be inclined to say yes. But I doubt it's a reliable tactic.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
General Kael
Shade

Post by General Kael »

Sure, if you wanted to go with some kind of death star that could work. Cold one knights with some fighty characters in the front and sorcerers in the second rank. Or a bloodwrack shrine 5 wide unit with 2 lvl 1's in the second rank. Not sure if you get your moneys worth but you can do it.
Gerner
Noble

Post by Gerner »

General Kael wrote:Sure, if you wanted to go with some kind of death star that could work. Cold one knights with some fighty characters in the front and sorcerers in the second rank. Or a bloodwrack shrine 5 wide unit with 2 lvl 1's in the second rank. Not sure if you get your moneys worth but you can do it.

Not a bad idea. Could quickly become a whole lot of s6 attacks, and if you charge then even more.
SemprusOfClarGarond
Trainee Warrior

My idea was to put two of them in a unit of blackguard. Having two WS5 always re-rollable, S6 attacks with stubborn or unbreakable would make for one hell of a tarpit.
Gidean
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Gidean »

SemprusOfClarGarond wrote:My idea was to put two of them in a unit of blackguard. Having two WS5 always re-rollable, S6 attacks with stubborn or unbreakable would make for one hell of a tarpit.

I doubt many opponents will let someone do this past the first turn.
SemprusOfClarGarond
Trainee Warrior

I wouldn't do it until they got into CC. Then once they do, against most units, it will be too late.
Kargan daemonclaw
Highborn

Post by Kargan daemonclaw »

Thats' the big risk then, with lvl 1s in a black guard unit with POD there is nothing else they can do. your opponent will wait for the unit to get into combat and then stop the POD.
you would be better with the signature beast spell as it has a range and also stops you being a t3 die to a stiff breeze elf.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I think a level 1 with this spell is cheap enough to try it, but if you make it a level 2, you could also invest in Searing Doom (or any other spell). That might give your unit more room to play, as you can blast a small unit to bits with the magic missile.
Sure, it's a risk. Sure, she'll die quickly. But let's see if that enemy can survive the ASF S5 onslaught first... If the enemy is so solid that they could, then they certainly were worth the buff :P
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze