Assassin revealment

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Assassin revealment

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

I have been playing with the idea of fielding an Assassin with the BDE in my regular list instead of a Lv2.
however im stuck on the fact that the Assassin cant be revealed AND eat the egg in the same turn (as the Sin can only be revealed at the start of your movement phase or any CC phase).
but then it hit me, any Close Combat phase. that doesnt mean his unit has to be in CC does it? so in my enemies turn i could revealin my Sin in his CC phase (even if the Sins unit aint in combat) and then in the next turn use the BDE and charge his unit.

am i seeing this right?
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Dyvim tvar
Lord of the Dragon Caves
Lord of the Dragon Caves

Re: Assassin revealment

Post by Dyvim tvar »

You are correct.

Assassin can be revealed in the close combat phase whether or not his own unit is in combat.
Truly These are the End Times ...
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Thraundil »

Yeah I'm on board with that. Additionally, I actually dont see a problem in an assassin revealing himself in your movement phase, immediately chunk the egg, and then move as he needs to. Both things happen "in the beginning"... Deeming this illegal would also mean you cant have a char with the egg, and another with any potion, and have both of them use it on the same turn ;)
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.
Rkhatzar
Assassin

Post by Rkhatzar »

Is it possible to use helm of despair same turn assassin is revealed ? Also is shroud of despair sanesitve to this test ? How many assassins can be placed in one unit? And lastly is it possible to get ss safe in bws with assassin displacing mmusican/sb/sorc/end?
”Fear in hearts, Fear in eyes, Fear is all before they die."
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Thraundil wrote:I actually dont see a problem in an assassin revealing himself in your movement phase, immediately chunk the egg
This would be illegal.
The egg can only be eaten at the start of the turn, i.e. before the start of the movement phase.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}