The Dice Gods

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Taijushue
Cold One Knight

The Dice Gods

Post by Taijushue »

I came up with an idea that I do not have the skill to move from my mind to the board.

A dark elf army that does not worship khaine but instead worships the dice god. I havent gotten much further than picturing a cauldron of blood that instead has a giant die on it, maybe a banner with a version of the mark of the beast with 3 dice showing 6's.

Maybe a dumb idea but I think I may work on making a custom cauldron that worships dice, who knows maybe the dice god will listen and give me some good rolls.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: The Dice Gods

Post by Calisson »

!lol!
Good idea.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Holt
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Holt »

You can buy little beads that are shaped as dice. These are about 3mm in size (all though I can imagine there are more than just that size) and would be great for modeling this kind of thing. I like the idea.
Want some tips on controlling those frenzied units? http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=71791&highlight=
General Kael
Shade

Post by General Kael »

That's a great idea, and very original. I say roll with it 8)
CitizenKhaine
Beastmaster

Post by CitizenKhaine »

Good plan - anything that might tip the balance is worth a go and theming the army with a light hearted approach is cool.
You need to have a couple of chariots with a pair of small dice dangling in the front too!
The witch elves could have a small dice tattoo on their thigh, if you can paint that small. Plus dice heraldry on shields would work. Sounds like a really fun project, start a PLOG and show how you go.
You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan - Designed and directed by his red right hand - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (channeling Khaine)

Visit the Citizens of Khaine http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=75270
Taijushue
Cold One Knight

Post by Taijushue »

The more I think about this the more I want to do it. Maybe after summer I will start on it, not enough free time till then to get much started but will be planning it out. Anyone know a good way to strip painted models? Cant afford to buy all new models so if possible I would like to start from scratch with the models I already have.
Taijushue
Cold One Knight

Post by Taijushue »

I like the suggestions that have been added, I may attempt to do the tats for the witches might have to have my GF do that she has a steadier hand. Think I will get a sorc model that has an extended palm up hand a put some dice beads in it.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I liked the idea and so it's been in my head since the OP. Here's some of the ideas I came up with:
- Roulette discs for wheels
- Executioners modded to wield a flail with dice on them, or a 2-handed hammer with a dice as headpiece.
- Cold Ones with [img=http://m4.uxcell.com/photo_new/20090709/c/ux_a09070900ux0082_ux_c.jpg]a dice roller[/img] on their head to mark the dice-dependency to think
- Witch Elves with dice cubes braided in their hair. This could be done by making tiny dice, drilling a hole in them and then fitting a strand of hair (green stuff) through them, which can be added to their hair.

Of course, dice cubes can always be added wherever the usual dark elves would have skulls for decoration (on helmets, on staffs, etc).
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

Daeron wrote:- Executioners modded to wield a flail with dice on them, or a 2-handed hammer with a dice as headpiece.

You mean an Epic Flail?

:P
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame