Zombie Dragon Swarm of Flies + Glittering Scales

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Archamedius
Black Guard

Zombie Dragon Swarm of Flies + Glittering Scales

Post by Archamedius »

Suppose a Vampire Lord on a Zombie dragon is equipped with Glittering Scales. The zombie dragon swarm of flies forces enemy models in base contact with the dragon to be -1 to hit. Glittering Scales also inflicts -1 to hit the vampire. Does this mean opponents are at -2 to hit the vampire? What happens if the enemy fails it's fear test? Needing base 5 to hit and -2 would mean a 7 would be required (not possible obviously). Anyone know how this would play out?

Thanks.
------

- Pain is Temporary, Knowledge is forever.
Payce
Executioner

Re: Zombie Dragon Swarm of Flies + Glittering Scales

Post by Payce »

IoB small rulebook, page 50: "a natural dice score of 6 always hits".

You'd hit on a 6 and he'd waste his Scales.
Haagrum
PhD in Dark Magic

Post by Haagrum »

Archamedius wrote:Suppose a Vampire Lord on a Zombie dragon is equipped with Glittering Scales. The zombie dragon swarm of flies forces enemy models in base contact with the dragon to be -1 to hit. Glittering Scales also inflicts -1 to hit the vampire. Does this mean opponents are at -2 to hit the vampire? What happens if the enemy fails it's fear test? Needing base 5 to hit and -2 would mean a 7 would be required (not possible obviously). Anyone know how this would play out?

Thanks.

BRB, page 50 - A roll of 6 to hit in close combat is always a hit, regardless of modifiers.

That said, that combination would mean that almost everyone will need 6s to hit the Vampire, unless they have a higher Weapon Skill.
"The wrath of a good man is not to be feared. They have too many rules."

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not a good time to find out why I have so many."
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Post by T.D. »

It's a pretty nice combo actually :P
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Khaleth Blackheart
Would-be Seerlord or Quack doctor

Post by Khaleth Blackheart »

Just a shame zombie dragons aren't very competitive :( I'd love to run mine but always go abyssal terror instead if I want a monster mount for my vamp lord.
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

Just a shame zombie dragons aren't very competitive :( I'd love to run mine but always go abyssal terror instead if I want a monster mount for my vamp lord.

As long as my opponent isn't using a terrorgheist, I don't care what he's running! Hitting on 6s in close combat is far preferable to a terrorgheist SOB landing next to my unit of elites and/or characters, me failing my leadership test by a million ("Hey, there are all the 6s that I wasn't rolling earlier on my witch elf attack rolls"), and taking the unit and/or characters off the board. But that's off topic ;)
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman