The Other Trickster's Shard

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

marcopollo
Assassin

The Other Trickster's Shard

Post by marcopollo »

I know that the OTS has had some controversy in the past, but I have a few questions.

Scenario #1: I have the shard on a pegmaster in a unit of WE, I have an assassin reveal beside and eventually accept a challenge with a chaos lord that is touching the OTS pegmaster. Is the lord affected by the OTS in the challenge?

Scenario #2: I have the same pegmaster in the 2nd rank of the same WE unit due to no room at the front because of command. Combat engages and my pegmaster makes way to the front and my assassin is revealed. Can my pegmaster choose where he goes in the front rank to set up the OTS effect space of my choice? (I know this is more of a make way rule but it is related to the OTS).
Thraundil
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: The Other Trickster's Shard

Post by Thraundil »

marcopollo wrote:Scenario #1: I have the shard on a pegmaster in a unit of WE, I have an assassin reveal beside and eventually accept a challenge with a chaos lord that is touching the OTS pegmaster. Is the lord affected by the OTS in the challenge?

Yes. The lord is in base contact with the pegasus master carrying the OTS. Hence he must reroll all successful ward saves - regardless of who inflicts the wound that leads to said ward save, and regardless of challenges.

marcopollo wrote:Scenario #2: I have the same pegmaster in the 2nd rank of the same WE unit due to no room at the front because of command. Combat engages and my pegmaster makes way to the front and my assassin is revealed. Can my pegmaster choose where he goes in the front rank to set up the OTS effect space of my choice? (I know this is more of a make way rule but it is related to the OTS).

Yes, he can choose. However, if you are 5 man wide, and your command is 3 models strong, your pegmaster can and must be in the front rank.

But generally, when you make way, you displace whatever regular models you please - even command models. Once the make way is completed, you then return command models to the front rank if possible.

Hope these answers your questions clearly enough =)
Name: Ladry (female)
Class: Mage (Pyromancer)
Equipment: Staff, longsword, dagger, 20 gold, insignia ring.
Skills: Power of Aqshy (2), defensive figthing
WS4, S2, T3, D4, I6.