Units with CoBs Assaulting Buildings

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Stonecutter
Noble

Units with CoBs Assaulting Buildings

Post by Stonecutter »

Not sure if this has been asked and answered already but is a unit with a CoB allowed to assault a building and if so, are there any implications?

The Skaven Bell and plague furnace have very clear rules that allow them and their unit to assault buildings, albeit at the cost of d6 x S6 hits. There is no entry in the Druchii AB in the CoB section that addresses buildings or terrain in the same fashion. The only information provided is that unit type is chariot (with the exceptions to marching and joining units) and thus it would appear chariot rules apply. Using that, the only other applicable rules that I can locate are:

1) Fighting the assault (p. 128) - this seems to imply it would be possible as the actual assault is conducted by selected models that form the assault party.

2) Chariots & Buildings (p. 86) - "chariots cannot enter or assault buildings". Very clear and dry that it is not allowed.

Of course, the grey area is the argument that the unit and not the CoB is doing the actual assault but RAW interpretation leads to accepting 2) as the rule and prohibiting a CoB unit from assaulting a building. I would welcome any thoughts/comments on the issue.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Units with CoBs Assaulting Buildings

Post by Calisson »

Stonecutter wrote:is a unit with a CoB allowed to assault a building

Short answer: no.

-=-=-

Stonecutter wrote:Not sure if this has been asked and answered already
Short answer: yes.

A quick search with the two words "chariot" and "building" leads, appropriately, to the following thread:
CoB/Bloodwrack Shrine in units - assault on buildings?
Alternatively, a search into the rules forum, down to the second page, would have led to the same thread.

Pleased to help!
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Stonecutter
Noble

Re: Units with CoBs Assaulting Buildings

Post by Stonecutter »

Thanks, I figured it had already been addressed but my search-fu failed me miserably :-)