Berserker sword in Cold One Knights

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Berserker sword in Cold One Knights

Post by Lord Drakon »

When I give a dread knight in a unit of cold ones the berserker sword, do the cold one's also become frenzied (+ 1 attack) besides the knights ?
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne
Location: Hinterlands of Khuresh; The Lost City of the Angels

Re: Berserker sword in Cold One Knights

Post by T.D. »

Nope. Only bearer of the Sword, not the unit.
OldHammer Advanced Ruleset
- Adding Tactical Depth to Your Favourite Tabletop Wargame
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

You could put Hellebron or a death hag with witch brew in the unit, but that would slow it down quite a bit - although less than you might think (just -2" from a normal move, -4" from a normal march, and -2" and -swiftstride on the charge). Arguably, gaining an extra attack at WS5 and S4/6 from each cold one knight in the front rank could be worth the decrease in speed (especially if you are not intending to use them as a slowish frontal hammer, rather than a sweeping flanking hammer)

Alternatively, you could buff them from the Cauldron's bound spell, but that relies on a) having a cauldron, b) the cauldron being near enough to cast the spell, and c) casting the spell successfully, with a measly +0 to cast (versus probably either +2 or +4 to dispel by your opponent).
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

I've seen the Cauldron-in-Knights used in combination with the Swiftness banner. Another possibility.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

So the sword only gives +1 attack then to the bearer right ? Without the frenzy setbacks of ld test for charge and running off the table etc.
T.D.
Killed by Khorne
Killed by Khorne

Post by T.D. »

Lord Drakon wrote:So the sword only gives +1 attack then to the bearer right ? Without the frenzy setbacks of ld test for charge and running off the table etc.

Gives bearer Frenzy, so:

+1 attacks. And all the usual liabilities of frenzy.

Only plus side over normal Frenzy is that it cannot be lost as usual i.e. if he breaks/flees and subsequently reforms, he still has frenzy.
Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord Drakon »

T.D. wrote:
Lord Drakon wrote:So the sword only gives +1 attack then to the bearer right ? Without the frenzy setbacks of ld test for charge and running off the table etc.

Gives bearer Frenzy, so:

+1 attacks. And all the usual liabilities of frenzy.

Only plus side over normal Frenzy is that it cannot be lost as usual i.e. if he breaks/flees and subsequently reforms, he still has frenzy.

But as he is the champion of a unit, he can not individually charge or pursue out of the unit because of his frenzy.
NVM, I just read the berserk rule, if one model had frenzy the whole unit has to charge etc.