Fast Cavarly 360* shooting ?

Have a question about the Warhammer rules? Ask them here!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Lord Drakon
Malekith's Best Friend

Fast Cavarly 360* shooting ?

Post by Lord Drakon »

Last battle my opponent pointed out that fast cavarly can shoot to 360 degree, not only the normal 90 degree. Is this indeed possible ? Shooting backwards is indeed something fast cavarly is able to do in real ife.
Searinox Nagharha
Aspiring Brush Master

Re: Fast Cavarly 360* shooting ?

Post by Searinox Nagharha »

No Fast Cav can only shoot in their forward 90° arc. maybe in an older edition they could (like Skirimishers) but in this one Fast Cav cant shoot at units not in their forward arc
PLOG - The House of Corvus

Group 41- Name: Searinox Nagharha - Shade
WS:5 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Equipment: Long sword; Falchion (family heirloom), Very Good Sabre, Short sword, Dagger, Throwing Dagger (4) SeaDragon Cloak, Chain
Inventory: 30 gold (214 still to be paid), Silver Bracelet, several flagons: 1x Strength potion, 3x Courage potion, 3x Healing Potion.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Acrobatics, Basic Stealth
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

With their free reforms they can EFFECTIVELY shoot 360 degrees as they can end their movement facing any direction. But once they end their movement, their firing arc is locked to the standard 90 degree forward arc.

It's a non-issue most of the time.
Ajattaro
Executioner

Post by Ajattaro »

Searinox Nagharha wrote:No Fast Cav can only shoot in their forward 90° arc. maybe in an older edition they could (like Skirimishers) but in this one Fast Cav cant shoot at units not in their forward arc

Yeah this used to be like this in former editions with FC and skirmisher units. Now they both have to shoot into forward arc. Its a good thing because they used to be a little ridiculous sometimes.