CORE: Warriors

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

CORE: Warriors

Post by Langmann »

We should allow an option for hand weapon troops with light armour, 8 points. Its easy to turn the spears into swords. They are part of the garrison list in the Annual 2003 for 9 points with shield.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

i'd like it, but i have a feeling that GW wont... and its a bit complicated coz we have to make quite a few changes to make that work.
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Yep, basic Warrior 7 pts with only handweapon and light armour. +1 shield, +2 spears, +5 RXB, +2 poison upgrade for RXB only (maybe restricted to one unit per army, but I would leave it as a general option).

Bye
Thanee
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Thanee wrote:Yep, basic Warrior 7 pts with only handweapon and light armour. +1 shield, +2 spears, +5 RXB, +2 poison upgrade for RXB only (maybe restricted to one unit per army, but I would leave it as a general option).

Bye
Thanee

I think right now our warriors are 8 points hand weapon and light armour! If you look in the 2003 annual the price for hand weapon, shield, light armour is 9 points!
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Metallurgist
Cold One Knight

Post by Metallurgist »

First of all, @ Steja: I don't agree that the changes proposed so far are complicated - they're actually very simple. If you think that's too complicated, what are we going to change?

Remarks:

I don't think spears should be +2 pts. If they were, a spearelf would cost 9 pts (10 with shields), and that would be the same situation we have today. With the option of having just hw/shield elves, people would probably take either those in a defensive army, and corsairs in an offensive army.

That is IMO not a good situation.

So, if you want the hw/shield elves (and I think many DE players do), just make a spear +1 pt, so it remains a viable option.

I'm not a fan of the poison idea - the crossbowelves work at 12pts, and we were going to keep it simple.

Cheers,
-Metallurgist
Metallurgist
Cold One Knight

Post by Metallurgist »

langmann wrote:I think right now our warriors are 8 points hand weapon and light armour! If you look in the 2003 annual the price for hand weapon, shield, light armour is 9 points!

...which is exactly why warriors are worse than corsairs.

-Metallurgist
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Right but with a base elf warrior at 8 points (with hand weapon and light armour) we'd have to ask for a drop of one point for all elves! (Which I think should be done ASAP but I doubt if GW would do it!)
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Ok The base price is 7 points as Thanee said. I always thought it was 7 points as well but that damn chronicles warriors screwed me right up. Stupidly thinking GW is always right I accepted that. Now I have been informed its a screwup...

Anyhow...
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Doh! You thought GW is always right!? ;)

Spearelves cannot be changed, that would screw over the complete system. They suck compared to Corsairs, but not that much, that they are completely unusable. If we make RXB Warriors viable, that'd be enough for me. Just keep the spears as they are.

Bye
Thanee
Metallurgist
Cold One Knight

Post by Metallurgist »

Thanee wrote:Spearelves cannot be changed, that would screw over the complete system. They suck compared to Corsairs, but not that much, that they are completely unusable. If we make RXB Warriors viable, that'd be enough for me. Just keep the spears as they are.

Well, I don't agree, and I would be disappointed if the corsairs stayed the spears' superiors.

I think the problem is simply that everyone want to have 4+ save warriors. If you simply forget about that as GW intended, and just drop off a point of the warriors as printed, they'd be fine and on-par with corsairs. I'd prefer that by far.

-Metallurgist
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

We cannot do that, the cost just wouldn't be right.

Bye
Thanee