THE PRICE OF AN ELF

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

THE PRICE OF AN ELF

Post by Langmann »

Sorry about capitals, but I don't know how to set it apart from the system I was using. I think this deserves a separate topic.

Anyhow right now the basic price of an elf is 8 points for hand weapon and light armour.

I find it a little much. I say we ask for an accross the board cut by 1 point of ALL elvf units. (high, wood, dark).

Dwarfs get same WS (as do friggin Beastmen), we get a better BS, we have same basic S, they get a T4 upgrade (which is better than a WS/BS one IMHO), we get M5, Dwarfs get lower but friggin beastmen get M5. Dwarf have higher Ld. We get higher Init.

I say we should be 7 points as well. We have to get flankings, whereas dwarfs do not. So its balanced in that way, IMHO.

What do ya'll think.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Metallurgist
Cold One Knight

Post by Metallurgist »

Well, warriors should definitely start out at 7pts.

Most people are not happy about the warriors as they are, and dropping a point would make them ok, so why not?

-Metallurgist
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Yep, I am also talking about all elf units though! (As I am assuming that GW has some sort of base price strategy. Even if they deny it.)

So everything gets dropped by 1. exec, witch elves, corsairs, knights, black guard and so on...
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Basic Elf with handweapon and light armour is 7 points right now (6 'naked')!

Bye
Thanee
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

No it deosn't seem to be (unless I am blind). In the annual the elf armed with handweapon, light armour, and shield is 9 points.

Take away the shield and you get 8. Unless they are charging us for the fight with sheild and handweapon ability. Thats really really unfair then.
Last edited by Langmann on Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metallurgist
Cold One Knight

Post by Metallurgist »

Whoa, hold your horses Langmann! The other elven units are fine, so no 12pt witches or 9pt corsairs! Only the warriors are a point too expensive in the book.

-Metallurgist
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

This is not my idea, necessarily, its from stuff I have gathered in the main posts! :) I think personally witch elves and corsairs are the right price.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

I got to the bottom of the warrior chronicles thing. Its a GW screwup and they should be 8 points.