MAGIC ITEMS: Enchanted Items

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

MAGIC ITEMS: Enchanted Items

Post by Langmann »

Enchanted Items

Ring of Darkness (errata) - Points: 45 -> 50 - Does not remain in play, instead lasts until the start of the wearer's next Magic phase.

New Enchanted Items

Staff of Slavery - 45 points - Bound Spell. Power Level 4. The Staff may cast its Bound Spell once per Magic phase like an ordinary spell. The spell requires no Power dice to cast, all the power required is provided by the staff itself. The Staff of Slavery contains the Dominion spell described in the Dark Magic spells on page 17. Each time the spell is dispelled, roll a D6. On a roll of 1, the power of the Staff has been exhausted and it may not be used for the rest of the battle.

Bell of Doom - 35 points - Bound Spell. Power Level 3. The Bell may cast its Bound Spell once per Magic phase like an ordinary spell. The spell requires no Power dice to cast, all the power required is provided by the bell itself. The Bell of Doom contains the Doombolt spell described in the Dark Magic spells on page 17.

Potion of Strength - 20 points - One use only. At the beginning of any of his turns, the bearer may quaff the Potion to gain +2 Strength until the end of that turn.

Well of Souls - 40 points – Bound Spell. Power level 4. This tantalizing blood red amulet discovered deep in the heart of Khemri by the dark elf scribe and sorceror, Furion, has a unique ability to possess the necromantic force of anyone unlucky enough to view it. Moreover it allows the bearer to remain young by feeding his own life force from those of the unfortunate victims.

Any one model in a 12" range in the wearer's line of sight must roll equal or under their initiative on 2D6 or suffer one wound with no other saves allowed. This wound is passed on to the wearer of the amulet who may possess no more than double his starting wounds. Wearer may pick out any model in line of sight, even a model in combat, but may only choose one model per magic phase. The amulet works on those in this life, and the undead in the next, as the undead also possess the necessary necromatic energy to animate their corpses.
(Since us druchii get poor armour selections and only 5+ ward saves we need a way of protecting our hides/wounds. What better way then to steal it from someone else?)

Well of Souls (Alternative) – 40 points – Bound Spell. Power level 4. Allows bearer to cast soulstealer as written in Dark Magic section.

The Dark Mount - 25 points - Bound Spell. Power level 4. Created for an elector count, by a witch of evil intentions, the Dark Mount is a statue of a dark steed which when cast upon the ground, creates what appears to be a insubstantial black horse. A figment it is not, for the bearer may climb onto the back of the saddleless horse, and fly a long swooping flight for a few minutes before the mount dissapears. Beware, as this item is cursed, and it is said that the mount may toss midflight any of good intent who use it. At least that is what the dead elector count would have told you.

Bearer may cast the spell "Steed of Shadows" from the Shadow Magic List. However such is the ferocity of the flight that any user who ends up charging due to the flight may add +1 to his strength in the first round of combat. Charges must, of course, be made only in line of sight.
(Well us druchii, we'd like our assassins to fly, would we not? After all if they cannot get to the one they are supposed to assassinate, what good are they?)

Obsidian crystal -35 points - Bound spell. Power level 4. when this spell is released the character and the unit he or she is with gain a 4+ ward against normal and magic missiles until your next magic phase.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I don't like the Bell - reminds me too much of the Skaven. ( I hate the Skaven )

On the subject of Hordes. Someone suggested somewhere on theses boards ( can't remember who though :oops: ) that we ought to offer some explanation of why we are unable to deal effectively with certain types of armies, hordes in particular. I thought that was a good idea.

So to my point. How about a magic item / bound spell / talisman, whatever, designed specifically to address this issue. Any ideas anyone?????? :?
Metallurgist
Cold One Knight

Post by Metallurgist »

Thumbs up overall. One comment - the Obsidian Crystal shouldn't grant a 4+ save, make it a 5+ one.

-Metallurgist
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Dark Alliance wrote:I don't like the Bell - reminds me too much of the Skaven. ( I hate the Skaven )

Yeah, I realized that after I changed what was Thanee's good idea. Just trying to make it fluffy, a ring of doom seemed kind of strange, but then again the ring in the LotR is a ring of doom isn't it? Anyhow, perhaps another name, but as far as the bound item itself, I like it.

On the subject of Hordes. Someone suggested somewhere on theses boards ( can't remember who though :oops: ) that we ought to offer some explanation of why we are unable to deal effectively with certain types of armies, hordes in particular. I thought that was a good idea.

So to my point. How about a magic item / bound spell / talisman, whatever, designed specifically to address this issue. Any ideas anyone?????? :?

Good idea.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."