MAGIC ITEMS: Magic Standards

This forum is now locked until it is time to start the process of writing the new Dark Elf army book.

Well done to all those who took part!

Moderator: The Dread Knights

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

MAGIC ITEMS: Magic Standards

Post by Langmann »

Magic Standards

Hydra Banner (errata) - Points: 80 -> 75.

Dread Banner (errata) - Points: 75 -> 50.

Standard of Slaughter (errata) - The unit gains +D3 to combat resolution everytime it charges.

New Magic Standards

Banner of Relentless Assault - 50 points – The unit carrying this banner exists at the edge of the ethereal plane. The unit carrying the banner has a 4+ Ward save against any non-magical missiles.

Banner of Swift Killing - 35 points - The unit carrying the banner has their base move increased by 1".

Banner of Hatred - 25 points - The unit carrying the banner (not including mounts) hates all enemies.

Banner of Cold Blood - 15 points - The unit carrying the banner rolls all Stupidity tests on 3D6 and discards the highest dice score.

Banner of the Daerlythe – 50 points – Imbued with the powers of Morathi, and created at the time of the crafting of the "Burning Fury", the banner absorbs magic energy from the surroundings, quenching it into the deep earth. The unit carrying the banner is granted a (2) magic resistance. So great is its power, however, that any magic user, friend or foe, in base contact with the unit cannot cast spells.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I like the errata and some excellent ideas for the new items.

Here's one I would like to suggest :

Banner of the swift foot ( Infantry units only ) 50pts

Allows the unit one free move per game, at normal rate, before charges are declared.
Metallurgist
Cold One Knight

Post by Metallurgist »

I don't think the Hydra Banner needs to be 5pts cheaper, and the Dread Banner should be 60pts IMO. I know chaos have it, but the troopers that can take the mark of Nurgle are much more expensive than elves. I agree that 75pts is a bit much.

Make the anti-missile banner a 5+ ward, 4+ would be over the top. I'm not sure what it should cost, probably about 40pts.

I love the banner of swift killing.

Banner of Cold Blood should be somewhat more expensive lest it become a no-brainer choice. I'd say at least 25pts.

The MR banner - not sure about the price. MR(2) isn't worth much (the enemy will just choose other targets), but the second ability is nice. Of course, because of the MR the enemy will know of the banner before he is in base contact and so will be able to anticipate... I don't think I like this banner.

Keep up the good work Langmann!

-Metallurgist
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Metallurgist wrote:I don't think the Hydra Banner needs to be 5pts cheaper, and the Dread Banner should be 60pts IMO. I know chaos have it, but the troopers that can take the mark of Nurgle are much more expensive than elves. I agree that 75pts is a bit much.

Make the anti-missile banner a 5+ ward, 4+ would be over the top. I'm not sure what it should cost, probably about 40pts.

VC get a similar banner, 5+ ward against magic/nonmagic missiles. 50 points. This one is only against non-magic missiles. I guess in an effort to be different... we'll see what Thanee thinks about it, it was his idea. I get your point.

I love the banner of swift killing.

Yeah, it should possibly be 30 points, as that is the O&G cost for the Waarg banner. It would look good on a unit of CoK with ld9 or whatever fixing their stupidity, eh? Good to keep the opponent guessing...

Banner of Cold Blood should be somewhat more expensive lest it become a no-brainer choice. I'd say at least 25pts.

The MR banner - not sure about the price. MR(2) isn't worth much (the enemy will just choose other targets), but the second ability is nice. Of course, because of the MR the enemy will know of the banner before he is in base contact and so will be able to anticipate... I don't think I like this banner.

Yeah I like the second ability. Imagine taking that with a unit of DR (BSB) or CoK and charging a magic user infested unit such as VC or TK or other such rot. His powerful magic ruined for a few rounds would be funny.

However, the magic resistance would be nice on certain units such as BG or CoK thus allowing the unit to get through unharmed, don't you think? Obviously he will target other things, but we cannot do much about that really.

Perhaps I should divide up the two, into two banners?

Keep up the good work Langmann!

-Metallurgist

Thanks man.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."