New Black Forge Software: Warlord (Campaign manager)

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

New Black Forge Software: Warlord (Campaign manager)

Post by Imdat tauble »

The Black Forge's first piece of software has been released!

Warlord is a campaign manager designed to help you run your campaigns smoothly and efficiently. Made by Black Hydra, the program will considerably simplify your campaigns.

It can be found at www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip

The requirements are:
-DirectX 9.0c
-Computer must be Windows 98, 2000, ME or XP. It will not work on Mac's
-While the program hasn't been tested on really bad computers, 32mb's of graphic card space is reccomended.
-It runs on computers with 500 megahertz or processer speed or more
-It runs on computers with 128MB of RAM or more

Some common questions about the program answered by Black Hydra himself:

1) What is it?

-The Warlord is a program for running map based campaigns on your computer. Simply download it and you can start playing map based campaigns. Taking a short time to learn it is much easier than the conventional method of paper and pen. So if you have had feelings about starting a campaign then give it a try! If you have already had a few campaigns in your past you may be surprised at how much easier this format is!

2) So it isn't a game?

- No. Sorry, but this is an application for running campaigns. You play the warhammer battles yourself, so unless you want to run a campaign this isn't much use. Even if you aren't sure about running a campaign yet you may want to give this a try as many of the beta testers said that using the program had got them excited about playing real campaigns!

3) What maps can I play on?

- Currently we only have one map "Trouble in the Badlands", where you can fight in the southern badlands with up to seven other players (i.e. eight players in total). I hope to release an accompany map of "The War of Flesh and Blood" shortly.

4) How long does it take to play a map based campaign?

- Depending on the amount of turns you select and how large your battles are. I recently played a skirmish campaign over two days, however, most campaigns should take a few weeks to a few months depending on size.

5) What races can I use? This isn't Dark Elf only is it?

- Of course not! You can use any race you want. There are currently 19 available races. This includes the Temple of Khaine and Cult of Slaanesh.

6) Who made the program? Was this a group effort?

- The program was made by myself. I did do all the programming and artwork, however we had a great team at the black forge to help with designing and testing.

7) How long does it take to learn the program?

- Not long at all. Just play around with it for about an hour and you should get a good idea of how everything works. This is a lot less time than it would to learn a full campaign ruleset.

8 ) Is this it? Can we expect more upgrades?

- I will continue work on the program based on the level of support it gets. So if you want me to make upgrades/add new maps then tell everyone you know to get the program too!

9) Cost?

- None, and there wont ever be a cost for the program. Druchii.net is providing the server space, and I'm doing the work so no cost to you!

So go and get Warlord: Druchii.net's official campaign manager.

Imdat.
Cerulaetas
Highborn
Location: Behind you liek omg so whitty lolz I r unique lol!!11!1one wtf!

Post by Cerulaetas »

- The program was made by myself. I did do all the programming and artwork, however we had a great team at the black forge to help with designing and testing.

The program was actually made by Black Hydra (as it says at the top), and when Black Hydra originally posted this information, he posted that answer. So, that really should say "Black Hydra made this". Just a clarification for anyone who stumbles across that discrepancy ;)
Ashnari Doomsong wrote:So, you're saying that dwarf ironbreakers in HTH combat are heavy cavalry?
You're wierd...
Imdat tauble
Master Babel Fish
Master Babel Fish

Post by Imdat tauble »

I did say that he made it, and that the questions were answered by him. Maybe I wasn't clear enough :?
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Hmm, not a mac version. Is there a chance that there will be released
a mac version OS x in the near future? Because I have campains on a
regular bas and I think this will help a lot with managing them.
But this is a great initiative, thanks all who worked on it.
MDK.
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

I guess a linux version is out of the question too :(

Oh well - I have dual-boot so I can always suffer the indignities of windoze as necessary...
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Black hydra
The Warlord

Post by Black hydra »

Sorry to Linux and Macs. The reason there isn't a Mac or Linux version is because I can't make a Linux or Mac version.

If anyone has any knowhow for emulating it to one of these versions I will gladly help, but I am afraid that is out of my area of expertise.

If you don't have a Windows computer, I assume someone you are playing the campaign with might?

While you can e-mail the save files back and forth from computers for some privacy during your turn you don't have to. My first campaign was done all on my computer. So if a friend can run it you may just need to play your turns on their computer.

We hope to be releasing some more maps soon including The War of Flesh and Blood, which should be finished in a few more days. :D
There once was a High Elf named Bill
He went out and fought with all his will
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
And that was the end of poor Bill.
----
Try out the Warlord at http://www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip
Bemenacth
Beastmaster

Post by Bemenacth »

This is really great. Being in France, and playing with French friends who don't understand english, it won't help in campaigns, but its a cool program. The only problem apparantly is that its hard to click the buttons in the program, and takes more than one try most of the time. It could be my mouse but it works for everying else.
Black hydra
The Warlord

Post by Black hydra »

No, it wouldn't be your mouse.

The GUI is at a much higher level than most programs so it may cause problems for slower computers.

It works fine for me, but that doesn't help you.

If you do have problems with this, while I have made the buttons as fast as I can, try holding your click for a bit longer than usual. The current method of button detection shouldn't require this... but it usually works fine on mine.

---

Ah I just noticed a mistake in the questions I answered.

The map "Trouble in the Badlands" can only feature 8 players. Saying 8 other players seems to indicate you can have 9. I doubt this makes much difference but I feel I should point it out.

Post edited by Nagathi
There once was a High Elf named Bill
He went out and fought with all his will
Along came the hydra
and fried Bill with fire
And that was the end of poor Bill.
----
Try out the Warlord at http://www.druchii.net/tbf/Warlord_v1.00.zip
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Black Hydra wrote:Ah I just noticed a mistake in the questions I answered.

The map "Trouble in the Badlands" can only feature 8 players. Saying 8 other players seems to indicate you can have 9. I doubt this makes much difference but I feel I should point it out.
Fixed it for you :)

- Nag