I am leaving Druchii.net

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Sneaky
Daemon Prince

I am leaving Druchii.net

Post by Sneaky »

I am leaving Druchii.net.

I know that moderators and admins and other important people on the site say this a lot. They usually come back. It usually doesn't mean jack. I'm afraid that this one does.

I have been considering this for a long time, and today I have realised that there is simply no way that I can contribute to Druchii.net in the way that I have been and the way that I want to continue doing.

I don't want sympathy, and I will not be reading this topic so it will be useless to say goodbye to me here. I may check in on the site every so often and post occassionally if I have Warhammer, but as of the end of this post I will remove my Admin privileges and will no longer perform the admin duties that I have been performing for the last couple of years.

I don't mind telling you that I have tears in my eyes as I'm writing this. The fact is, this site has been like a family to me and I have learned so many of my life lessons by being an admin and by meeting people on this site. At the beginning of this year, I moved from Sydney, Australia to Calgary, Canada, and made several friends here because I knew them through Druchii.net. I have two Druchii.net t-shirts, one of each type, and I am proudly wearing the Noble one right now. That's the one with the picture of the Noble on the back, by the way.

As for why I'm leaving, I'm leaving basically because University is getting in the way. I am a first year Physics Major, but I have recently gotten my midterm results back which were, to put it bluntly, not great. They were pretty much all B's, and I cannot afford to have anything less than A's. I intend to pursue a career in academics, and that world is highly competitive. I have to also cut back time at my job (I tutor Math on Thursdays and Saturdays), and am seriously considering withdrawing from a course so that I can take it again with better grades. I will be sure of this by tomorrow, probably.

I have been considering for a while whether I could continue my commitments, but in the wake of my last few results, in conjunction with the fact that tonight is the first chance I've really had to study for a Philosophy test that I have tomorrow, I need to scale back the many commitments that I have made in my life. Of all the things I am doing, this is the hardest commitment to drop because it's the one I've spent the most time on and it's the one that I enjoy the most. I think I can honestly say that I love this community, and love for me is a stronger word than for most.

I will also be withdrawing my commitment as a mod, and resident admin, of the RPG. I will ask Imdat Tauble to take over my duties as moderator of the Mountain Clan Inn, and wish them the best of luck in finding a replacement for me. I hope that the Druchii.net campaign goes well and I know that you guys will make me proud. I know that GW will continue to respect this community and the input that you guys will offer in the months and years to come, because you represent the people. You represent the masses that must be heard, you represent the players of Warhammer, the actual collectors. You are the reason why Democracy works, you are the reason why mankind is great. Even the poor helpless n00bs who beg me for advice and help and forgiveness, or sometimes get pissed off at me, are great in their own way. They remind me to keep my temper when otherwise I would lose it, and they remind me that not everyone thinks the way I do, or is as experienced as me. That goes for my fans too, and apparently I gained some when I stupidly tried to change my name. Sneaky I am, and Sneaky I will remain.

I told you guys that I would not read this topic, and as such I am going to lock it to discourage such things. It is the last act of moderation I will do for the site, and the last action I will be able to take after I remove my administration privileges. I will no longer check my Private Message box, but if you truly wish to say your goodbyes to me you can reach me at daemonprince@gmail.com, and if you're ever in Calgary, Canada, feel free to drop me a line if you want to meet up for Warhammer or something.

I suppose I'm acting all sappy, which is pretty pathetic. Sappiness sucks. I need to sign off because I should be working. It's quarter to eleven at night. I need to study.

Have a nice day!
Sneaky
Goodbye.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

A sad day indeed.

I think I speak for us all when I wish Sneaky all the best for the future and truly hope he does return one day...
Thanee
Rending Star
Rending Star

Post by Thanee »

Best of luck for the future and many thanks for all the work you put into this site!

You will be missed.

Bye
Thanee

P.S. ... and you will read this thread eventually.
Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

I have to say that I'm really gutted to hear thay you're leaving us. Your contribution to this site is enormous and hard to put into words (I'm still in a state of shock after reading this). I really hope your absence won't be permanent and I know there'll always be a place for you here.

I cannot begin to count the number of times that you've helped me in here since I joined the site, and we all know how much hard work you've done for the Monthly. It won't be the same here without you, so I hope you return very soon.

Good luck my friend, in whatever path you choose.

You will be sadly missed but never forgotten.

All the best....

DP
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Good when you know whats important Sneaky, take care.
Thanks for guiding me through the Montly layout things etc.

A sad moment for d.net ...
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Hi guys! :)

As some of you may know from my thread in NDD, I popped in for a visit for the last week or so because I have finished my first semester and my next one starts next week. I unlocked this topic because, well, I guess no one listens to me. I can't even get rid of my Admin privileges! :?

Thanks for your kind words guys, and not just for the ones said in public. I received a lot of very touching e-mails from may Druchii.netters, some I knew well and some I knew only barely.

Like I said, I will be going back to work next semester and will not check Druchii.net very often (I'll try to drop in, but I can't guarantee anything). But I figured that the thread needed an update just in case someone cared about me or something.

I have managed to pull up my marks enough so that I am not worried about my academic future. I'm waiting on one grade (and confirmation on another), but I think I have managed to get into Honours, which was my main goal. Plus, I finished the most demanding course (time-wise) that I'll have until next year (Comp Sci), so that should leave me some wiggle room.

Some have asked/begged/ordered/foretold that I will return to Druchii.net someday. I may come back from time to time, but I don't think I'll be a real regular again. It's kinda painful to come back because it's like giving an addict some free heroin, but I want to stop in sometimes. This place rules. I read the December Monthly and was just wowed. I hope to see you all in White Dwarf sometime soon.

Anyway, 'bye again. Good luck, and this time you can post in the thread if you must. I'll check it this time.

I mean, hell, we all knew I couldn't stay away for ever, even if I never really come back.
Goodbye.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

I can't even get rid of my Admin privileges!

I wouldn't mind taking it over ;)

and some I knew only barely

Another reason to come back :P

just in case someone cared about me or something

I guess the replies and emails were a hint? :roll:

but I think I have managed to get into Honours, which was my main goal.

Congrats! :)

I mean, hell, we all knew I couldn't stay away for ever, even if I never really come back.

Damn right!
It's nice to know that you haven't disappeared forever, because even if we knew you couldn't stay away, you managed to hold out for quite a while, and that's admirable :)
Psychologic
Assassin

Post by Psychologic »

Good luck to you and hopefully we'll see again some day...
Zentaricai
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zentaricai »

See you in a few weeks!

:roll:
DON'T MONKEY WITH MY BUSINESS
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

Sneaky, you will be missed (and I'm saying this to a guy who warned me twice for spamming in chat, when it was still here, so I've got to mean it right??!)!!

PS: Sorry I didn't write something sooner.
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Darkfeather
Noble
Location: Silently stalking the Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia

Post by Darkfeather »

That post was just stupid - he said he wasn't going to read the thread, its already close to three months old and he gave you an email address which the rest of us used to send our messages... What the hell?
Alith Anar wrote: So in conclusion, do bring them whenever you feel like it. They do, after all, cut people's heads off for a living, and that's gotta count for something.
Sneaky
Daemon Prince

Post by Sneaky »

Darkfeather wrote:That post was just stupid - he said he wasn't going to read the thread, its already close to three months old and he gave you an email address which the rest of us used to send our messages... What the hell?

I don't know. WHAT the hell?
Goodbye.