Congratulations are in order!!! (tourney report as well!)

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Kitrik
Fearless Leader of the "Cult of Kitrik"

Congratulations are in order!!! (tourney report as well!)

Post by Kitrik »

Congratulations to NightBlood for taking home First Place in the Minnesota GT this last Saturday!!! NightBlood graciously hosts this site for us so everyone give him a big THANK YOU and a huge GOOD JOB!!! Granted he did betray us and play Skaven, but that is beside the point...

NightBlood - would you share with us some of your victory stories?

Kitrik
Mormacili
Beastmaster

Post by Mormacili »

And the crowd goes wild

NIGHTBLOOD NIGHTBLOOD NIGHTBLOOD
And also in my opinion Chartage should be razed

I once lost with a 6000 points cult of pleasure army against a 3000 point army of Sylvania.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Just when you think Druchii finally win a GT, you read
play Skaven

How...nice.

Good job on winning though, congrats and kudos to you. I hope he wasn't playing sad ;)
Noble korhedron
Empire General

Post by Noble korhedron »

And hear his followers shriek in delight:
'Nightblood! SQQQUEEK!'

shriek in delight? read again NK, it says 'skaven', not CoP ;)
Regards,

NK.

http://ulthuan.net/forum
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/index.php
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php
http://www.bartertown.com/trading/index.php

Give me a sense of humor Lord. Give me the grace to see a joke.
To get some humor out of life and pass it on to other folk.
Lord k
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lord k »

ye congrats to him .

i read his battle rep on another siter somewhere. cant remember where.

even morre congrats cos he won it WITHOUT a SAD army

and the crowd really goes wild!
Buying Warhammer minis - expensive as hell

Seeing grown men list their win/loss/draw results in their sigs as though it compensates for anything - priceless.

www.pimpcostumes.com for all your clothing needs...
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Hey, congrats! :D Doesn't matter if you use skaven or not, a GT win is still something to be immensely proud of. :D
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Pfff, he played ratmen as opposed to true druchii - he'll get no congrats from me! :P
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
The_nightlord
Black Guard

Post by The_nightlord »

Well... Skaven aside. congratulations!
The Council of thirteen will be pleased!
(But i doubt Malekith will be)

Lethalis
Loremaster

What the **** happened with Snork?
Onyx paladin
Assassin

Post by Onyx paladin »

Well done. I can't even scrounge up the funds to attend such a prestigious event. Perhaps tis best if I feed off the glory of others.
"Khaine only embraces death, while the Cult of Pleasure embraces life and all of its aspects. I often wonder how people have trouble choosing between the two."

~Lady Xaniphera, preistess of Slaanesh
Dark harlequin
Highborn

Re: Congratulations are in order!!!

Post by Dark harlequin »

Nice one, congRATS!

Kitrik wrote:NightBlood - would you share with us some of your victory stories?

Yeah, that would be very nice. ;)
It's a conspiracy...
Pale warrior
Executioner

Post by Pale warrior »

Woohoo! Cheers for the traitor!!...? hehehe.
"Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none. Death is the servant of the righteous."
Elros
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Elros »

Nice one, congRATS!
:D Considering the painting, tactics, sportsmanship, etc involved, that's just amazing!
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

conga rats :)

or well.. hmm ok yuou can have it :) *not syaing what it is*
Iyagd
Master Of Mirrors

Post by Iyagd »

Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:conga rats

You mean Rats from Congo? ;)

Great achievement! Congratulations Nightblood! Even if with ratmen...
Druchii Discussion moderator.
Mdk
Slave on the Altar

Post by Mdk »

Well done Nightblood, you made us proud :D
You’re a wreck, an accident.
Forget the freak, your just nature.
Keep the gun oiled, and the temple cleaned shiz
snort, and blaspheme, let the heads cool, and the
engine run. Because in the end, everything we do,
is just everything we’ve done.
Dalakh deathblow
Malekith's Personal Guard

Re: Congratulations are in order!!!

Post by Dalakh deathblow »

Kitrik wrote:
NightBlood - would you share with us some of your victory stories?

or at least your list..

anyway.. congrats on your victory! may the council of thirteen reward you as graciously as malekith would have..
Innocence proves nothing.
Y.a
Dark Rider

Post by Y.a »

great job.

but you know that you have to do it again with DE :D , just kidding.
Vogon
Highborn

Post by Vogon »

Iyagd wrote:
Linda Lobsta Defenda wrote:conga rats

You mean Rats from Congo? ;)

Great achievement! Congratulations Nightblood! Even if with ratmen...

Obviously Rats doing the Conga :)

Well done on the GT Hopefully I'll be attending hte UK one later this year (with Druchii).

Have Fun

Vogon
Now choose either die in the vacuum of space or...........
Tell me how good you thought my poem was.

**Make Tea Not War**
Anaryin
Lord of the 7th Convent

Post by Anaryin »

Congrats :)
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Well done !
Nightblood
Noble

Post by Nightblood »

Thanks guys :)

I know that I betrayed Malekith by taking the Rats to the GT. But look at it this way... I didn't sacrifice our bretherin to get the win! I paid Grey Seer Skitter a large amount of gold to battle in our place :) And he did well :)

Next year, I'll bring the Druchii and see how I do :)

I really like how less than half my score was actual battle points! If you brought a cheesy army or were a jerk, your scores were "dinged" and you scored lower in the rankings.

Here's the list that I used:

1 Warlord (Desolate Blade, Warp Stone Armor, Enchanted Shield)
1 Chiefton BSB (Sacred Standard of the Horned Rat)
1 Plague Priest (Plague Censor)
1 Engineer (Scroll Caddie)

18 Stormvermin Shields with Full command + Warbanner
2 X 25 Clan Rats with Spears and Full command + Rattling Guns
2 X 12 Giant Rats W/ 2 packmasters
2 X 32 Slaves

10 Gutter Runners Poisoned Hand weapons with Champ
5 Warplock Jezzail Teams
19 Plague Monks 2 hand weapons with Full Command + Banner of burning hatred

5 Plague Censor Bearers

Here's a quick run down of my battles:

(A Rat Dart is a unit of 12 giant rats and 2 pack masters that are 2 wide and 7 deep. Their only mission in life is to hit units in the flank and take away ranks.)

Game #1:

I played this Eric Hagen guy who brought an Ard Boyz list. It was very awesomely painted, and if memory serves me correctly, he won best painted I was happy that I got to face Eric for my first GT game. It was a good way to ease into the tournament without a lot of pressure.

We started with a pitched battle and we played on a chaos board with the pools of blood. There was enough room in the middle of the board for our units to come through and bash heads, and bash they did! After Eric bashed through my Slaves, my Storm Vermin and a rat dart (in the flank) hit one big unit of orcs, while my Plague monks, Plague Censor bearers and a rat dart (in the flank) hit his big unit with the general and both units were beaten and over run.

While this was going on, my Gutter Runners were taking apart his artillery, and my rattling guns were taking apart his last big unit.

When the Warp Smoke cleared it was a Victorious Slaughter for the Rats

Game #2:

I played John Stentz. He brought a Nurgle Demon army.
We played the Personal Objectives mission on the same board that I played Eric on. I guess that the pools of blood were the remains of the orcs and the Nurgle demons were thirsty

Nurgle demons are Incredibly tough! That have T4 and cloud of flies so I always needed 4s or 5s to hit them. His big demon prince flew out of his unit and charged head first into a large block of slaves. The slaves kept winning combat just 3 ranks and out number, but John kept making his poof test and he stuck around. The Plague riders hit my guys and just kep coming. By the end of the game, I had killed 5 of the 6, but it was not enough as it was about all that I had killed.

John also captured more points in personal objectives and in the end it was a solid victory for the Demons.

Game #3:

I played Jason Hefti and his Tzeentch list.

He had 12 casting Dice and the Chaos Lord on the Dragon with the Staff of Change and the Golden Eye of Tzeentch... But my Jezzails kept shooting the Dragon, and they got 2 wounds on the dragon and 1 on the lord. The Dragon got a flank charge on my plague monks, destroyed them easily, pursued into my storm vermin for my turn... I figured at this point I was screwed and Loss #2 was well on its way!

My unit of 5 plague censor bearers charged the dragon in the rear, and THANKFULY Tzeentch isn't immune to psychology, and failed his panic test and ran 4 inches, just far enough to get away. My now unengaged Stormvermin turned around and on my next turn charged the dragon. My lord killed his lord, and the dragon took another wound. The dragon lost combat, and fled. I tried to restrain pursuit, but failed, and ran down the dragon! At the end of the game, he only had a unit of Warriors and a wizard left on the board.

At the end of the game, I still had 1 of my 2 dispell scrolls. Tzeentch magic isn't that good

Solid Victory for the Rats

Game #4

Day two started off with a game against Terrance Schaffer and his empire infantry list.

We played gain ground on the snow board. There were only three ways to his army, a large one on my left, one in the middle, and a little one on the right. I put most of my force in the middle of the board to "face" his big uber unit. I put the plague monks, plague censor bearers, a rat dart and my gutter runners on the left to hit his flank hard. I moved the middle of my army up a little and sat them there, as my flankers ran around and destroyed his flank. He brough a couple of units around my right flank, but my Stormvermin moved over there and destroyed them.

In the end, my Plague monks and Plague censor bearers hit his big unit of great swords in the front while a unit of slaves hit him in the flank taking his ranks (and the Griffon banner) away. I chewed the stubborn unit of 40 down to just the command by the end of the game.

Result was a crushing Victory for the Rats

Game #5

This was my scariest battle. At this point, I was 3-1 with quite a few points and I figured that I was in the hunt for placing in the top 5, or at least the top 10, when luck would have it that I drew the 2004 GT winner! Jeff Schiltgen! HOLY CRAP!

I don't know if any of you know this guy, but rumor has it that he's pretty good! But luckly for me the Great Horned Rat was having his way with the Lady of the Lake durning our game and it went VERY poorly for Jeff:

At one point, a unit of gutter runners charged a unit of 4 knights Errant in the front (Jezzails took one out), failed to do a wound to them, they killed one rat, and because I still had 9 rats, we tied in combat. On his turn, his general charged to the knights errant's rescue! Killed 2 rats, and in the end, won combat by 4! My Gutter runners needed a 3 to stick and a 3 they got! In my next turn, a rat dart charged into the flank of the knights Errant, then peasants charged into the Rat Dart... It was a messy combat that I kept WINNING! Jeff kept failing armor saves and ward saves, couldn't hit AND wound... In the end, my gutter runners were destroyed, but the final knight errant fled from combat, while the peasants stuck around.

This is how the whole game went for Jeff: His 3 remaining grail knights charged a unit of clan rats, rolled 6 attacks and got five ones! Then on the one attack that did hit, he rolled a one to wound! Unbeliveable! He charged my unit of storm vermin with a lance of 7 knights errant and 1 peg knight who could get in, and only killed ONE storm vermin! I won combat, but both units stuck around. Then in the next turn, in came my plague censor bearers and beat the crap out of the Knights Errant. I won combat by a lot, and my Stormvermin unit causes fear so the peg knights fled off the table and I ran down the knights errant.

At this point, all jeff had left was his relique which was staring my fear causing stormvermin unit down, three grail knights facing a unit of ranked up clan rats, some peasants fighting a rat dart, his general and a unit of skirmishing bowmen. I hadn't really lost anything important to my army. Jeff conceded the game in the top of turn 4.

In the end, it was a Victorious Slaughter for the Rats.

Thanks!
Joel
Lloyba
Noble

Post by Lloyba »

congratulations :D nice reports on the battles btw 8)
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

Rat Dart, eh? Interesting.... hmm...

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Ash010110
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ash010110 »

NightBlood wrote: But luckly for me the Great Horned Rat was having his way with the Lady of the Lake durning our game

Dude. . . that's just *wrong* on sooooo many levels :lol:

Congrats m8!

May peace be with you,
Ash
Grey elves
Trainee Warrior

Post by Grey elves »

Congratulations!

Druchii would, of course, hahve been preferred, but Skaven are a close second to my heart. Well done.
The Grey Elves were banned from Naggaroth. They have no home and no friends. They are not trusted by those on the side of good, and picked on by those on the side of evil. Yet, they endure.