It's short and hairy, and it's in the way.

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Post by Darkprincess »

I will of course be on the side of dark pinkness as usual :)
Hmmm, not sure who I hate the most, high elves or dwarfs. I think fluf alone dictates that the dwarfs should be more hated than the asur though - they are short, ugly, hairy and they don't even redeem themselves with pointy ears. Yuk :evil:

@Prince Cal: nice sig ;)
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

darkprincess wrote: they don't even redeem themselves with pointy ears. Yuk :evil:

Odd...All the dwarfs I was aware of had pointy ears...(though those were chaos dwarfs)

And it's Khorne, DP...

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

why not i might as well join soon.
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Btw, how will the command structure look this time? As far as I could see last time, it was handled at a-org (because some of the loyalists were not members of d-net then). Will it be the same this time?

To a point, yes. A number of the Asur.org members are going to either the Dwarfs or the Druchii, but that doesn't mean that they automatically become the head of the faction, because that simply wouldn't be fair.

At least, I think that's what you're asking.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Mornedhel wrote:Btw, how will the command structure look this time? As far as I could see last time, it was handled at a-org (because some of the loyalists were not members of d-net then). Will it be the same this time?
I can only assume that they will show a map, create the forums et all and give us some time to choose leaders and organise ourselves before the real thing starts.

Eldy wrote:At least, I think that's what you're asking.

I think you're being drunk again ;)
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Sa'an'ishar!

My sword and shield for Malekith!

*trudges off to read into campaign rules*
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

As far as I know sometime in January there will be a little bit onj your control panel where you can register, I imagine this will last for around a week so people have plenty of time to register and for the groups to decide their leader. Though people will have to request sides forumwhich includes being added by the group mod and for all those good willed cheats out there you will only be able to join one. ;)
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Oldone
Dark Rider

Post by Oldone »

This sounds like fun. Count me in - for the Druchii, of course.
You need to get out more.
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

ok i found the archived campain bit, but couldnt find the rules and how it works etc, just lots of stuff on groupings and orders etc and lots of fluff . . .
+++Oversized Signature Purged+++
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

It's a bit hard to explain the rules without having actual screens, but I'll try to explain how last campaign went;

each player got to subscribe him/herself, choosing a ruler and a starting province. The choice of province decided what kind of warband you started with (generally a hero on foot, some spearelves, archers and different guys that were typical for that province, for example Nagarythe getting Death Guard as elites). You got certain points, forgot how they were called, but these points could be used to either expand your warband (buying spearelves, archers, silver helms etc) or buy shiney stuff for your leader (horse, better armour, etc etc). There was talking of implementing buying mages as well, but that never got off the ground.

So now that you got your warband, one could move the warband around. There was this map of Ulthuan, devided in all kinds of regions. Not provincial ones, but per city so to speak, kinda like Rome: Total War has. You could move through one region per turn (each turn lasting for a day or so) and upon entering a region there was the chance of getting into a fight with an enemy warband, though it was unknown whom you fought. Each turn, wins were registered and if one side had more than 20 victories in an area than the other one, they got control of that area. There were plans of implementing that you couldn't move through enemy territory but that never got implemented either, thus the whole campaign was a guerilla war without clear fronts.

One got one point per turn for free, another for a draw and two for a win. A spearelf or archer costed 1 point, silver helm 2, elite also two (moving into another province got you a different choice of elites, for example a warband from Tiranoc could get dragon princes if they moved into Caledor) etc etc.

That's pretty much it as far as I can remember, any other veteran got to add something?
Shaldekon
Shade

Post by Shaldekon »

If your army didn't have a opponent of the same size you didn't figth. So in the end I fought maybe 6 times during the whole campaign... :roll:
fair but a bit boring. if someone who can affect the campign could invent a better system I would be thankful.
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Reading ancient books to learn, so I can bring the Apocolypse sooner.

Post by Ragnarok »

As far as I know Anarion changed a few things. One of which is that you will now be able to see who your opponent was. And to tell the truth I never really had much trouble getting into fights with the traitors, also won most of them so im not complaining about it.
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
Cenyu
Khaindar

Post by Cenyu »

Thanks for the summary, Leth... but how exactly are these warband skirmishes resolved? :-/
Dearchon
Highborn

Post by Dearchon »

cheers for that leth, much aprieciated
+++Oversized Signature Purged+++
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Cenyu wrote:Thanks for the summary, Leth... but how exactly are these warband skirmishes resolved? :-/

Never really got how that happened, some program took care of it I thought. The results could therefore be rather random (your elites getting killed off and the spearelf taking on two by himself battle after battle). In the end though it was a funny race on whose hero got the most kills :D
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ragnarok »

IIRC I won :D Somewhere around the 60 kills if memory serves,
http://www.asur.org.uk/ulthuan/viewtopic.php?t=11002 Look at this and fight for Malekith.
One-eye
Beastmaster

Post by One-eye »

i would be glad to fight for our king even if it is only for fear of Shadowblade ;) you can count on the support of House Fermiekh - Lord K
He is both tactically minded and a savage fighter. He is feared throughout the Drakwald and rightly so, known by many names he is best known as One-Eye.

http://www.marksketch.blogspot.com - Check out my website today!
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Post by Discipleofkhaine »

Good thing my hydras are hungry. Them dwarfs are right at biting level :D
Count me in.
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

I was actually waiting for this campaign to see how the Sundering campaign affected this. Looks pretty good, we have Ulthuan :twisted:

Anyway, I really hope that the "moving through enemy territory" rule comes to effect. It was a bit boring in the end having a warband or two in every region fighting a guerilla war, but that's life. Mages would also be pretty nice :)

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Ansob.
Follower of Malal

Post by Ansob. »

Lord Khaladin wrote:even if it is only for fear of Shadowblade

...who won't be born for another five thousand years.
General Kala wrote:
Cenyu wrote:Hail to the King, baby.
All my eloquence fails to express it as well as this.
Ragnarok
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Ragnarok »

Probably if only because we will have secure forums their. I assume the command structure will be about the same. Save high command. Anarion probably would play im not to sure about what Nagathi is going to do and the same goes for Elmoth. I do believe that the Task Force's will be revived. I for one will do so for the Shield Of Malekith if Smoke Phoenix doesnt. We do have to start thinking about who should be the new high commanders though since were runing short on them.
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

Nag has said he's playing asur, Elmoth as far as I know is going to which side needs more people (so methinks dawi) and I'm not sure if anarion is going to play as he's the lore in charge of the campaign so it looks as if we might need to start a new.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Beastmaster kurlan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Beastmaster kurlan »

just a question, when can we actually start playing and choosing armies etc
i cant seem to make friends! add me to msn you losers!

Kurlan the violent (trainee of khaine)

WS: 3
S:5
T:4
D:5
I:2

two short swords, dagger, 4 throwing knives, 500 gold coins, unarmed combat skill

Group 17 Mod
Loran
Destroyer of Worlds
Location: Finland, the country people always think has penguins and polar bears walking in the streets...

Post by Loran »

In the mid january at the earliest. I'm personally not in a hurry to start the campaign until that time, since I'll be having a few long simulated battle exercises in the marines before the mid January. :P

- Loran
<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Garbidge
Highborn
Location: House of Heroes, 43 Church Gate, Loughborough, England

Post by Garbidge »

The campaign forum at A.org has opened; I've posted a roll-call there so we can now get the party started properly.