Druchii.net has a magazine again!

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Dargor
Dark Rider

Post by Dargor »

Great to have an e-zine again, but what I simply don't get is why you had to change the name. In the original thread, the reasoning was that the publication consistently failed to get out in time. Because it couldn't come out each month, it wouldn't be a monthly at all.

This month's issue, however, is a lot shorter than the old ones, and is, incidentally, called the "January 06" issue. Doesn't this mean that you are going to or at least hoping to put it out each month? If that's the case, why the name change?
I still hate signatures
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

It's really good to have the magazine back and for a first issue back it was really good, I'm not going to comment on improvements due to this disruption and everything but I'll be hoping for a small improvment next time.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Lord zearo.
Corsair

Post by Lord zearo. »

nice work. so now the cult of pleasure is doing tacticts? does that mean the temple of khaine will be doing Druchii history and other fluff? i just need more history. i loved thoes parts of the monthly. I'd like to contribute but how do we do it?
Kill me before I kill you!

DIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIe
Lord zearo.
Corsair

Post by Lord zearo. »

this is what i put in another topic but should have resided hear. can some one tell me how to get involved?

The druchii herald is great and its great that finnaly the magazine we all know and love is back. but it does need improvement. my suggegstions are:

1: Dark elf tales/Myths. You need more of that.

2: Make like a slave would be a wellcome return.

3: More pictures as in drawn pictures. temple of khaine rocks!

4: and finnaly could it please get a place on the site. more people need to read it!

What are your views?
Kill me before I kill you!

DIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIeDIe
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

can some one tell me how to get involved?

You send a PM to General Kala and ask. However, you may be required to submit a short fiction or something to that effect in order to be permitted to join the Monthly crew (It'll always be the Monthly to me...).
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Eldacar, you are welcome to keep calling it the monthly. Many will, including a good number of the contributors. :D

Zearo, I will answer your questions one at a time.

so now the cult of pleasure is doing tacticts?
No, those are tactics for the Cult of Pleasure army list.

does that mean the temple of khaine will be doing Druchii history and other fluff?
*Kala massages his temples, trying to fight off a headache* No, the Temple of Khaine is dedicated to tactics and gameplay.

1: Dark elf tales/Myths. You need more of that.
We are working on the outline for another issue as we speak. Fiction has to be balanced out with other areas of interest. Some people don't much care about fluff. They just want to read tactical advice or battle reports. We have to give a little bit to everyone.

2: Make like a slave would be a wellcome return.
Just because we didn't have a TMLAS article in this edition doesn't mean that it has been forgotten.

3: More pictures as in drawn pictures. temple of khaine rocks!
Temple of Khaine handles tactics. The Illustrators do illustrations. We have several good Illustrators and a few new applicants. But Illustrations take time and only a handful have the talent and skill to make good ones.

4: and finnaly could it please get a place on the site. more people need to read it!
Trust me, I don't want to host the magazine on my personal site. As I said in the original post, we will be placing it on the druchi.net server once Kitrik allows us access.

Zearo, Eldacar is absolutely right (as he is on other advice he has given to you. I suggest that you listen to him). We are going to ask you to show us what you can do before we let you join on and start contributing to the magazine.
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

Is there a reason the link isn't quite working?

Z

ps. Shame on you, Leth. I thought you were a better man than that.
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
General kala
Blasphemer and Heretic
Blasphemer and Heretic
Location: Sowing the seeds of evil in the hills of Austin, TX

Post by General kala »

Hmmmm.. The link seems to be working OK on my end. I've sent a copy to you in the moderator fourm, but is it giving you an error message? Is anyone else having problems seeing the file?
Because anyone vicious enough to shoot down her own battlecruiser because there might be a traitor at the helm deserves to have a Druchii namesake.
Lethalis
Loremaster

Post by Lethalis »

Alcing Ragaholic wrote:Is there a reason the link isn't quite working?

Z

ps. Shame on you, Leth. I thought you were a better man than that.

And I thought you were gone. Funny how people can be wrong sometimes.

(on a side note define "better")
Alcing ragaholic
Lord of Mod-Assassins

Post by Alcing ragaholic »

Was only doing my monthly checkup, Leth.

Z
======================
<langmann> hah, I'll take florida over 10 feet of snow/day. My balls sweat and I'm cold and my back is sore from shoveling.

Join the DNet chatroom today!
Philleehellphia
Assassin

Post by Philleehellphia »

Ah, always good to see the finished product. Nice to see the Druchii Herald up and running, and hopefully we can produce yet another well made issue. Although it's not as big and dosen't have some of the little things that the Monthly contained, it's still great to atleast get something outh there. Good work everyone!
Edmonton Oilers Western Conference Champions 2006