Board Problems

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Board Problems

Post by Langmann »

As some of you may have noticed, the board has been down lately for brief periods of time. During which it may report MySQL errors on the screen.

This is not because I have been doing anything. Rather this has been due to our webhost having MySQL server problems. I have contacted them and they have replied that they corrected the problem. Please let us know if any further problems are noticed here, along with the time of day in Eastern Standard Time please.

Thank you.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Lamehk the slavemaster
Cold One Knight

Post by Lamehk the slavemaster »

ive been unable to get on a second ago. i dont know eastern standard time only gmt. sorry. but i would guess the site went down for about 5-8 at 11:45 i guess sorry the time is in gmt. EDIT: ive just found out that est is -4 hours so it would be 7:45
Last edited by Lamehk the slavemaster on Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only time you need to worry is when you see a snotling with a monacle and goatee. Then; you run.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Please note that I am working on the recent troubles and will not let any problems continue unfixed.

I am in contact with the server provider.

I hope you'll all be patient.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Sleekdd
Highborn
Location: Belgium, the only country where surrealism is a way of life.

Post by Sleekdd »

I'm often having trouble getting to the index page. If it works, I can usually read one thread before it hangs up on me. Don't know if this is SQL-related, I'm no expert in the field.

I did happen quite often the last few days. I'm sorry but I don't have any exact timestamps on the issue. If I encounter it again, I'll relay the time to you.

Now, the site seems to be up and running again. Good luck on one of the more ungrateful aspects of being an admin: debugging. ;)
Great minds think alike.
So if you want diversity, try morons.
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Dear god Caillin!

What the hell did you do to the forum? j/k :P

Yeah, I notice that it's slow, and inaccessible at times, and today I had to log in twice. :?

Anywho, it's a pain in the ass php is. I gave up on it for the most part. :P

Fr0
Mornedhel
Cabal without a cause

Post by Mornedhel »

I have the same problems. Sometimes it doesn´t load at all and comes up with an error (SQL errors at times, 404 errors at other times) and sometimes it takes like five minutes to load a post or the recent posts page. It´s not so bad that it´d really annoy me, though. But I still hope you can get this sorted out soon.

Regards,
Morn
It´s nice to be important, but it´s more important to be nice.
Muse of harganeth
Executioner

Post by Muse of harganeth »

Same for me. A notice something like;

Error. Could not connect to Webserver/Druchii.net/Server/Kitric/ .ect
I also found that even after ticking the Always log me in on this computer box, It did not remember me. Getting on to every thing, but the home page was hard.

I also found that after veiwing privater messages, the screen went black, and needed to do the ctrl,alt,delete, thing.
As time past on, the feeling of fun
passed away like wind on a mountain...
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

We are investigating it, and hopefully things should improve now. Turns out the problem might be something else then we first thought.

If you still experience problems please let us know.