The Big Forum Change.

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

The Big Forum Change.

Post by Rork »

Yes, as announcements go, this is a big one.

The forums have been reorganised to remove the "bloat" and forum creep that has built up over the years. We've taken the opportunity to shift some of the "Druchii" forums into a general section of the site - specifically Rules Questions, Battle Reports and P&M, since they aren't really "pure" druchii forums - they should be shared by all :).

All the lesser races forums have been merged into one, and the locked forums will be either merged or deleted. Fear not for the classic threads, though they will be moved into the Hall of Fame before being horribly purged once and for all.

Opinions are welcome on the new layout.

Go forth and post...! And try to keep it civil ;)

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Muse of harganeth
Executioner

Post by Muse of harganeth »

Looks like big changes for Druchii.net. I've also noted that their is now an Off topic disscussion which i asume contains the Non Druchii disscusion.
May i also say that maybe the Flesh and blood forums be moved or deleted, as the campaign seems to have ended a few years ago, unless you want it as a memoir. Maybe start up a new Campaign?
Any more changes coming Rork?
As time past on, the feeling of fun
passed away like wind on a mountain...
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Muse of Harganeth wrote:May i also say that maybe the Flesh and blood forums be moved or deleted

The general discussion forums for SoC and FoB are going to stay, but the Team Khaine/Slaanesh will be removed. I've got to log out to see what else is a public forum :lol:.

That's likely to be all the changes for now. We'll be keeping on eye on how the changes go, and whether anything needs to be tweaked.

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Gnosis
Hard, but Fair

Post by Gnosis »

Rork wrote:
Muse of Harganeth wrote:May i also say that maybe the Flesh and blood forums be moved or deleted

The general discussion forums for SoC and FoB are going to stay, but the Team Khaine/Slaanesh will be removed. I've got to log out to see what else is a public forum :lol:.

That's likely to be all the changes for now. We'll be keeping on eye on how the changes go, and whether anything needs to be tweaked.

Just put the descriptions of these forums in the past tense. One step towards happiness.
Count them:

Painted in 2013: 500
Painted in 2014: 600
Painted in 2015: 854
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

The contents of the team forums has been merged into the F&B discussion forum. I meant to say that in my previous post.

(*slaps forehead*)

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

It's a just a bit big for me, it's feels too bitty and slightly that there are too many sections which makes it look like that there are too many forums. I expect half of it is I'm so used to the old one so in time I'll probably be the same about this one once I'm used to it and remember where things are.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Actually Cal there are the same number of sections and less forums.

The bit of History about thi change, just in case any one was wondering, is basically that the mod forum has been alive with the talk of reform, and my proposal (the above change) met with approval, and it was done. It made no sense the layout, as it was all bitty, left over from when there were elss forums, and when there was only the Druchii forums for example.

I think its a great change, that vastly simplifies and rationalises D.net - which is always a good thing.
Pleased to be back
Cal
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Cal »

RasputinII wrote:Actually Cal there are the same number of sections and less forums.

The bit of History about thi change, just in case any one was wondering, is basically that the mod forum has been alive with the talk of reform, and my proposal (the above change) met with approval, and it was done. It made no sense the layout, as it was all bitty, left over from when there were elss forums, and when there was only the Druchii forums for example.

I think its a great change, that vastly simplifies and rationalises D.net - which is always a good thing.

I know that ras but I'm saying it feels like there are more forums due to the bittyness in my view.
NK wrote:Bonjour et bienvenue lá Druchii.net Hastings!(Excuse the Christie pun, I'm an avid reader of Poirot!)! Cannot help you here mon ami, but again bienvenue! Now, I must say 'Abiento!'. I have threads to browse.
Eeeeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Eeeeron »

I disagree with Prince Cal, there are the same number of sections and the lists seem shorter so to me it seems that there are less fora. It'll take a bit of getting used to but at the moment it a thumbs up from me. :)
Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Bring on the dancing squirrels!

Consolecommunity.com - For all your gaming chat and meet-ups
Rasputinii
M-A-D

Post by Rasputinii »

Its not bitty really. Its far less bitty, things are in a far more rational order, and in far more rational places. Take P&M for example. It was with the Druchii forums, which makes no sense now that we have places to talk about other races and even other games systems. Its different, but I don't feel it is bitty at all. Thats one of the reasons we changed from the old one, simply because it was bitty, and silly and wrong.

But you will all get used to it, ina few weeks you probably won't even remember the change (well, you know what I mean ;))

Ras
Pleased to be back
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

RasputinII wrote: (well, you know what I mean ;))

The mind control rays are supposed to be seeecret!

+++ Team Mulligans +++