+++ 7th Edition is Out +++

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Hruggek
Assassin

Post by Hruggek »

I got mine today. Several tactical changes should be made with my Beasts, several things I regret but I hope there will be much "cleaner & clearer" battles in this edition.

No more restraining with Khorne Character in Herd (blast!), no more units of 2 characters (blast again!) but also no more close combat mayhem with Empire Pistoliers (hurah!).
I like how they did the rules regarding fights in houses.
Fluff is cool, fluff is funny, fluff is nice. But fluff will put no dinner on your plate!
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Damnation wrote:Speaking of referencing and rules: when referencing to pages in the rules in certain topics, people will probably be forced to reference twice, to the page number in the small pocket rulebook and that in the full-sized one. Just another trick by the bastards at GW :evil: ;)

I suspected that would happen, even though I'm not in possession of the hardback version as yet. Perhaps having both on the shelf is a good idea...

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Fr0
Trademaster

Post by Fr0 »

Craps. It's inaccurate? I never expected that of GW. ;)

I just bought the pocketsized one from eBay for $15.00. Boo, Hiss! :(

Fr0
Aenarion
Noble

Post by Aenarion »

Just a q here...is there anywhere that i can get the rules online or do i have to by the new book?
"Better not to have been born than to live without glory."

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war."
-Napolean(both quotes)
Linda lobsta defenda
Witch Elf
Witch Elf

Post by Linda lobsta defenda »

aenarion wrote:Just a q here...is there anywhere that i can get the rules online or do i have to by the new book?

You must of course buy the rulebook, GW doesnt sell electronic versions of their books.
Aenarion
Noble

Post by Aenarion »

o well, that just means an extra long wait until i get to see all the new rules and stuff... :(
"Better not to have been born than to live without glory."

"You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war."
-Napolean(both quotes)
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

So should i get battle for skull pass or the hardback rulebook? which is better??
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

If you want background and don't have a lot of it available otherwise, go with the hardback copy and have somebody correct any mistakes for you.

If you just want the ruleset, then the BfSP box would be better value.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Cat-the-odd
Beastmaster

Post by Cat-the-odd »

Damnation wrote:Speaking of referencing and rules: when referencing to pages in the rules in certain topics, people will probably be forced to reference twice, to the page number in the small pocket rulebook and that in the full-sized one. Just another trick by the bastards at GW Evil or Very Mad Wink

I experienced that the page numbers are the sam in the large and small rulebook. The rules section is just copied into the small book frame as well as into the large one. The page counting of the pages before is in roman numbers, I think.
So there will be no confusing, hopefully, by pagenumbers, except for the old referenves in the armybook, except for the new O&G book.
../¨¨¨|
.|ô/ô 9..Real sportsmen hunt with arrows and fish with flies.
.~~ /|...Real gentlemen play games which require skill, not tools.
.|__/\...Extraordinary gentlemen even win with them.
.[>o<]...Welcome to the League of Extraordinary Druchii Gentlemen