Site Temporary Slowdown

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Site Temporary Slowdown

Post by Langmann »

Hi All,

The western half of the known universe has been receiving DDS attacks over Easter which is why the board has been running slow.

The site should rise again, and be reborn after this weekend as the DDS attacks are brought under control.

Thanks for your patience,

langmann
Webmaster 2007.04.08
Last edited by Langmann on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Tijminator
Beastmaster

Post by Tijminator »

I noticed the site not loading a couple of times, but nothing that took more than 5 minutes. I don't know what DDS attacks are, but I assume it's something slowing down the communication between a computer and the website or something?

Anyway, I don't think we can do much about it right now, so we'll just have to sit it out I gues.. ;)

Tijminator
The Price of Power

Viva la Banana!

Cornixt wrote:Why would anybody stand to wipe? You're closing the one area you want to remain open!
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

I'm assuming langmann means DDoS, Distributed Denial of Service. It's a type of attack where multiple computers (usually infected with a virus) bombard a server with lots of pointless requests with the aim of taking it offline.

Since it's coming from lots of different places with different IP addresses you can't just block one IP address to stop it.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Getwisteerd
Highborn
Location: The duke's forest (yes that's the name of the town I live in)

Post by Getwisteerd »

All elves to the walls!

er well, what exactly are DDS attacks?

EDIT: never mind, Rork answered that question when I was typing
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

Is this still an issue as I'm having severe slowdown issues with this forum. Occasionally I'm just unable to login, it just doesn't do anything after I press login. Often when I post it takes minutes before the forum reacts. Not having any issues with any other fora/websites so can't be my connection.
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.