GW has revamped their site

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Jadin
Black Guard

Post by Jadin »

yep, fluff is changed to meet the rules
Monkeylord
Assassin

Post by Monkeylord »

Ok, speaking from the standpoint of someone who's done professional web development in the past: I don't like it. At all.

The pages are slow to load, there's a lag time between when links display and are actually functional, and the overall aesthetic smacks of a generic online retailer template that's been massaged to suit their purposes.

Can anyone find the Dark Elf Rules Updates for 6th edition? Or any of the FAQ/Errata? Or the rules for human auxiliaries for the Tau Empire? Don't bother trying the search function, it only searches for retail products, apparently...

The previous site, while not without its warts, was far more functional and much easier to naviagate. One problem, for instance, was the fact that he previous version had a lot of redundancy between the dedicated army pages and the online store. What they should have done was integrate the shopping/sales aspect into a website that serves as an online hobby center. Instead, it looks like they've tried to adapt a giant shopping cart to serve that purpose, and I think it comes across as a bit half-assed.

Until they change this, I'll probably be bookmarking the UK website for anything I might want or need beyond online shopping.