Masthead Competition!

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Masthead Competition!

Post by Rork »

Good with a pen or pencil? Good at drawing Dark Elves? Here's your chance to have your work seen by the users of Druchii.net every single day!

We're looking for new designs to add to our masthead (That's the bit at the top with the various elves, if you don't know) alongside the classics we have now. And we're giving you the chance to create that image!

We're looking to continue our current theme by including new images in the space you see above. You may well have seen my example in Loki's signature...

The Rules

1. Images should be obviously Dark Elf-related. So a Cold One or Manticore would still be acceptable.

2. They should be drawn only in black ink on a white background (We can then use photoshop to recreate the effect we have now). It can be digitally created if you prefer.

3. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to grant Druchii.net full permission to use it in any way we see fit, even if it is not chosen as a contest winner.

4. Images should be tasteful and decent.

Judging

The final decision will be made by a panel of Administrators:

Langmann
Rork
Dark Alliance
Loki
Thanee

We are not looking for a set number, so there may be several winners.

The Deadline

You have until one month after this post was created to enter - 17th June.

Submissions

Entries should be sent by e-mail to rork =at= druchii.net

Please post any questions below.

Good luck.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Druchii marquis
Executioner

Post by Druchii marquis »

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a section somewhere on the site (like an Acknowledgments section) for someone to look up the name of one of the artists who created the mastheads once they're chosen and up (and being used).

Also, if we submit an entry would we be allowed to include it in any portfolios we might have? I'm in Desktop Publishing and Graphic Design, and to have (if I win) a piece in my portfolio that's used on a site that thousands of people visit every day...well that's quite impressive and really something that would win a person over in an interview ;)
"Today I'm handin' out ass-whoopins and lollipops, and I'm all outta lollipops!"
Malekith, the Witch King of Naggaroth
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Druchii Marquis wrote:I was wondering if it would be possible to have a section somewhere on the site (like an Acknowledgments section) for someone to look up the name of one of the artists who created the mastheads once they're chosen and up (and being used).

I was certainly intending to acknowledge those who had their entry chosen. In the short term I was thinking about a bit of fanfare, but as a lasting thing a post placed in the Hall of Fame (where the artists could also give a little explanation for their design) is a likely option.

Also, if we submit an entry would we be allowed to include it in any portfolios we might have? I'm in Desktop Publishing and Graphic Design, and to have (if I win) a piece in my portfolio that's used on a site that thousands of people visit every day...well that's quite impressive and really something that would win a person over in an interview ;)

I see no reason why you shouldn't.

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Dalamar wrote:I vote for squiddy to be the new mascot of Druchii.net!
So be it! I therefore submit officially my collection... of Squiddies!

See =>
Squiddy Smileys (the Squid's attitude) & Squiddy Druchii

Yes, I know, it's too late and it's not black on white designs.
But they are all truly Druchii!
And it's fun! :D
and the thread seems not to have been formally closed, and is still there in D.net home page.

So I beg your indulgence. ;)
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Ming
Black Guard

Post by Ming »

The deadline is over.
Did you receive enough art?
Or is it possible to submit some more next week?
... and Justice for all!!!

.... and enthusiast member of the league of extraordinary druchii gentlemen
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Some more would be good...so if you've got something to send in, by all means do.

Also, if anyone intends to submit anything, please send an original colour version if you're editing it. You can, of course, send both versions should you wish.

(I'm finding that the contrast can be non-existent between the background and the edge of any characters...it makes life tricky in Photoshop)

+++ Team Mulligans +++