Maelstrom 17.5% Easter discount offer - see last post

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Maelstrom 17.5% Easter discount offer - see last post

Post by Dark Alliance »

Greetings fellow druchii.net members. I speak to you today wearing 2 hats - one for druchii.net and one for Maelstrom Games.

After several weeks of consultation involving myself as a representative of Maelstrom and with Langmann, the other Admins and the Mods representing druchii.net a sponsorship deal has been agreed.

The only real difference you will see to the site itself is the banner at the top of the page. This is in Maelstrom branded colours so might take a little getting used to but there are some great benefits available for all. The only other real difference will be a sticky post in the Announcement Forum keeping members up to date with events running at "The Eye of The Storm".

Maelstrom will pay for the running costs of the site, as well as assisting Langmann with any future software purchasing that may be required. in addition there will be periodic special discount deals for druchii.net members for all kinds of fantastic products available from the Maelstrom webstore. The first of which will be announced shortly.

Maelstrom will also sponsor painting competitions and will promote druchii.net directly via the Maelstrom website, as well as via the soon to be released Maelstrom Games Community Support Programme.

This is an exciting development for druchii.net and ensures the long term financial security of the site.
Last edited by Dark Alliance on Tue May 25, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

The reason I supported this is because of the special discount deals for dnet members.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

Good stuff guys :)
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

I would also like to hear from members (here) if the banner is causing problems. we selected a resolution of 1280 but if everyone is still using 1024 then it will require scrolling sideways.

Shortening the banner may be required if it is problematic.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

My screen is 1366 wide (Weird number, I know), and the banner was underneath the search box a bit. More of a minor niggle than anything serious.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Xizor
Chris Tomlin

Post by Xizor »

On the computer I am using at the moment the Quick Search box is within the Maelstrom banner. Not sure if this is what Rork has mentioned also or not. Again, its more of an observation than an actual problem!
The Black Sun Weekly - an AoS Podcast

Follow me on Twitter; @the_black_sun
Slortor
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Slortor »

Im the same as Rork - although I cant tell you what my screen is...

apart from being white on a predominantly black page its pretty unobtrusive.

Good deal guys.
Name: Khalia D'Vaarko (meaning: Khalia, property of Vaarko)
Height/Weight: 5'6", 8 stone
Other: no distinguishing features, barring the brand of a great house left wrist.
Class: Mage
Equipment: Robes, Dagger, Staff
Skills: Power of Ulgu, Power of Chamon
Stats: Ws3, S3, T3, D4, I5

lrnec wrote: Reality and truth is more brutal than almost any fantasy game
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

it forced me to scroll, so i removed it... It would make sense to make it the same width as the forum, i.e. take a page with a 800*600 image in the thread and use that width. I guess it will be 1024, but i'm not sure. Once its sorted i'll happily unblock the ad. Nice to hear that the Druchii have some sponsor ship though... now we can double our raids on Ulthuan!
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Great news to hear about Maelstrom sponsoring the site!

The banner isn't causing me any issues, I hadn't even noticed it until I read this and scrolled back up to the top ;)
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Compliments to Dark Alliance for winning the Masthead Competition!

Too bad there are rumors that he bribed the jury.
By the way, were members of the jury eligible to take part of the competition?
I just regret that the competition's rules were not respected, i.e. black ink on a white background.

OK, I admit, I'm just jealous not to have won myself.
Possibly next time? There is still the left half of the top page masthead banner. Still hope!

As long as the access to the quick search remains available (as it is now) and the banner displays at least one DE model, the sponsoring and special offers can only benefit members. I support gladly it.
Possibly DA will soon take pretext of this sponsoring to resume his previous intensive participation to D.net! :D
Last edited by Calisson on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Sassmaw
Cold One Knight

Post by Sassmaw »

Well i think this is a great achivement for the D.Net commnity! I am in the same boat as Rork and i would like to see the masthead shortened to the 1024 but otherwise this is great!

Edit: Also very excited for those dicounts as i just look (for the first time) on Maestrom and saw the lowered prices.... Discounts to that sound mighty tasty :twisted:
Never underestimate the power of sheer bloody minded spite.
"I’m not going to fight them, you fool. I’m going to kill them.”
-Malus Darkblade

"We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."
- Malekith, The Witch King of Naggaroth
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

It's fine for me, but I think reducing it to 1024 will be a good choice. Most websites are still optimised for that resolution.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Zardock
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Zardock »

This is brilliant, definately looking forward to the discounts aswell. Being a poor student this will help out alot.
Join the Shrine of the Serpent today!
Brotherhood of the Coast!

Zardock (Group 27)
Class: Trainee of Khaine
WS:4 / S:5 / T:3 / D:4 / I:2
Equipment: Short sword and Dagger, 50g in a pouch.
Skills: Two Weapon Fighting, Uncontrollable Frenzy

The Keeper of the D.net Battle Records.
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Xizor wrote:On the computer I am using at the moment the Quick Search box is within the Maelstrom banner. Not sure if this is what Rork has mentioned also or not. Again, its more of an observation than an actual problem!

seconded, although only partially in it and i am using 1440 by 900
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

Dalamar wrote:It's fine for me, but I think reducing it to 1024 will be a good choice.

OK we are working on reducing the banner so the site is back to 1024. I suppose we were a little hopeful!
T'keela
Noble

Post by T'keela »

I don't really have a problem with the size but I think langmann deserves a hip-hip-hooray and three cheers for such a good idea. Especially the discount idea.

HIP-HIP-HOORAY!
T'Keela Darkspine
Group 30
Stats: WS4 S3 T4 D4 I4
Equip: Sword, Light Armour, blackpowder pistol, 4 bullets, 2GP.
Skills:
Demetrius
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Demetrius »

It would be good if the size of the page was reduced to what it was because scrolling accross is kindof annoying.

But otherwise, thank you Maelstrom for supporting our great Druchii community. You will not be sacrificed to Khaine when we take over the Old World :twisted:
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Besides the banner on the top, DA is also taking advantage of the announcements in the front page.
Fine with me, but it starts to take a lot of space, and as a result other announcements are getting hidden (presently the "Introduce yourself").

May I suggest DA to self-limit to a single announcement?
The previous announcements remain available in the Announcement forum, and could be hyperlinked to the top post of the current announcement.

Thanks.
And good job, keep going the offers to gamers. I showed my son the Maelstrom website, he became like "wow" when seeing the prices.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

@Callison: under normal circumstances there will only be one announcement. However, at the moment there are two separate topics. The announcement of the sponsorship deal and the first special offer.

The special offer will end tonight so will then disappear into the ether...
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Understood.
Wish you the best enthusiasm in the responses to the special offer. Hopefully there will be many, for the offer is impressively interesting indeed.
[llct]kain
Assassin

Post by [llct]kain »

Thanks for the initative and the good deal. Otherwise I assume it would be soon time for a call for donations again :-)

I am in a very positive way surprised by the good reactions on this change.

---
Anyway even the Druchii ally with some outer world beeing. There it is from the warp, here it is from the business .
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Damnit - Why do you stock Chaos in the Empire but not the Warhammer Invasion LCG?

:twisted:
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

And why are Black Guard still in the Rare choices?... numpties.
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Great idea with moving the quick search field!
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Langmann

Post by Langmann »

I live across the big pond from Britain and I received my order within a week. Free shipping and all.

Amazing prices and delivery.