Changes at the top

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Changes at the top

Post by Rork »

Evenin' all,

As you've been noticing a few changes have been happening to how the site is being run.

This is part of a larger change - we have new webmasters - Myself and Daeron.

Daeron is on board as our technical guru, he has the knowledge of websites and databases we need to carry out the required upgrades to the site's systems.

Initially we plan to move to phpBB3 as our forum software. This may result in some features, such as the album, being inactive for a period of time. Currently that is being checked and tested before it replaces the phpBB system we currently have.

Rork
Webmaster

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
L1qw1d
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by L1qw1d »

Good on you for the webmastering- I know it can get hinky on the back end of things. I know another board I'm on invision power board or something and likes it a lot. We lost some of the 'fun' things, like seeing who is on and where they are posting, but if you can find something that doesn't sacrifice too much, it's very worth it :D
Oderint dum Metuant.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

I think we share the confidence that phpBB3 is a logical upgrade that retains most of this board's structure. The added features, we will try to salvage or keep available in due time. Unfortunately, that may take some time.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze