Druchii.net forum upgrade

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Druchii.net forum upgrade

Post by Daeron »

On Friday, the 22nd of February at 23:00 GMT+1 , our beloved Druchii.net discussion board will go down for an upgrade and maintenance operation. The downtime will last till about Saturday, 23rd of February at 13:00 GMT+1 .

During this downtime, the plotting, tactical debates and discussions will continue! There will be no rest for the wicked. Join the Druchii.net chat channel, to discuss your favorite topics or challenge our knowledge on the rules. We shall stand ready, book in hand.

Join us on the gamesurge chat page . Simply pick a nickname, and write "/join #DnetChat" in the chat channel.
Or use your favorite chat client with the following connection parameters:
- Server: irc.gamesurge.net
- Port: 6667
- Channel: #DnetChat

Follow us on our Twitter account for status updates or fire any questions you may have! We will be active on the Twitter account during migration.

When the discussion board will be resurgent, it shall be upgraded to phpBB3. This will offer some features, new to Druchii.net:
- Follow your favorite forum with RSS feeds
- A faster search function
- Druchii.net will recieve a new look.

The new board is more accessible for future development. We hope this will help us accomodate suggestions and improvements posted from our very community in the future.

Unfortunately, the upgrade will not include support for the picture album. While it has been long since the album was actively used, it will be shut down. The pictures themselves will not be lost, and we are working on a solution to bring the pictures back with a read only view on the album.

During this maintenance operation, capital letters in account names are reset and only the first letter becomes a capital letter. The username "A Dark Elf Lord" will become "A dark elf lord". The username "a humble slave" is changed into "A humble slave".
On the new board, you users can their username, and grant it any capital letters they desire.

Make sure to double check your avatar and signature. While we work hard to keep them intact, we offer support to mend any reported issues.

We hope to see you in the chatroom and on twitter.
Cheers,

The admins
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

In agreement with the administration of Ulthuan.net, we may use Ulthuan.net during this downtime to continue discussions on warhammer, army lists and more!

... We will invade Ulthuan! We'll also keep a thread there to post updates on the status of the Dnet server during our downtime.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

Daeron wrote:
... We will invade Ulthuan!

:shock:

:idea:

:twisted: :killed:
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Red...
Generalissimo

Post by Red... »

In agreement with the administration of Ulthuan.net, we may use Ulthuan.net during this downtime
Something oddly depressing about the fact that after an eternity of futile warfare, our first and only chance of returning home comes when the High Elves invite us in for toast and tea...
"While all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. So answer the question."

Don't be a munchkin?

I am an Extraordinary Druchii Gentleman
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Well.. We kind of sent a note "We kindly accept the invitation" even though there was no invitation. But apparently we choose a timing right between their hairdresser appointment and flute recital, so they sent back an invitation.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Ladies and gentlemen,

As you may notice, our forum is back online and running. And as you may also notice, little has changed.

It is with great regret that I announce the maintenance operation stumbled on technical issues. In spite of our preparations, we were unable to counter these difficulties and continue our operation. We will work towards a solution as fast as possible, but on the meanwhile we return to you the dicussion board we all love so dearly.

- The stiff breeze
Tyrannus deathbringer
Noble

Post by Tyrannus deathbringer »

Thanks to you and Rork for giving up your time to work on the board.

Even if didnt resolve all the issues, it is still very much appreciated :D
"All who surrender will be enslaved; whoever does not surrender but opposes with struggle and dissension, shall be annihilated."
Rafapolit
Cold One Knight

Post by Rafapolit »

Daeron, I am sure some of us (me included) work in Real Life doing programming, WEB design, server maintenance, database design and programming, and many other technical stuff.

If we can help in any way, be sure to let us know. We all appreciate your efforts into bringing us this fantastic place, so if we can contribute in any way, it would be our pleasure (at least mine, as I only can speak for myself)

Best regards,
Rafa.
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Ladies and gentlemen,

We may have found a solution to the problem. Tonight at 23h00 GMT+1 we will bring the board down once more for maintenance. However, the downtime should be considerably less. The board should be back online before 8h00 GMT+1.

Sincerely,
Daeron

- The stiff breeze
Gwii2510
Shade

Post by Gwii2510 »

Good luck Dearon :)
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave! Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

<crossing fingers> :o_O:
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Going down in 15 minutes. If you're still reading this, hang on to your helmet!

- The stiff breeze
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Re: Druchii.net forum upgrade

Post by Calisson »

Daeron wrote:The migration has been performed successfully.

If you want to compliment Daeron: Welcome to the other side...
If you want to report a problem: After the migration. Report problems?

I'll lock this thread, let's use the above mentioned ones.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}