Forum reorganisation

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Forum reorganisation

Post by Calisson »

To the attention of D.netters

The destruction of the world-that-was and its replacement with the arrival of Age of Sigmar had consequences on Druchii.net itself.

Age of Sigmar.
The recent forum category "The End Times: Khaine and beyond" now covers only what happens after the End Time. It gets the name "The Exiled Host of the Aelves".
It deals with the gaming aspect.
Painting and modelling in the time of Age of Sigmar uses similar techniques as before, and uses the same forum as before.
Fluff and roleplaying do not deal with AoS rules and therefore need not to be segregated from relevant forums.

The End Times
We know now the end of the story. Finally, the End times brings only minor rule adjustments compared to AoS.
All topics about ET have been merged with similar topics concerning WH8th ed.

The moderation team hopes that these change will make D.netter's time here easier.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Red...
Generalissimo

Re: Age of Sigmar forum reorganisation

Post by Red... »

This all looks very nice.

There has been at least some chatter on the boards about players finding alternative gaming systems (e.g. Kings of War and Armies of Arcana) that include Dark Elves. Is there any potential for something more formal being created to expand the forum's scope to include a more broader definition of fantasy Dark Elves (e.g. a section on each of the above games, or maybe just a "fantasy dark elves in table top games beyond AoS" board, or is the forum wedded to Warhammer and really only Warhammer come what may? I don't know, such an expansion may indeed go beyond the goals, logistics, and scope of the forum, but I thought it worth mentioning, given the potential for D.netters to pursue their dark elf interests elsewhere - do they have to lose D.net as a resource and hang out too?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Sure, the potential is there.
D.net supports D.netter's interest to other games with the "Slaughter in the World" section.
If one of such games would emerge as so predominant as to justify its own forum, I'm sure the moderation team would eagerly open a specific forum for that game.
At the moment, only WH40k justifies that specific attention.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
cultofkhaine
Chief Cultist
Chief Cultist

Post by cultofkhaine »

Thanks for your work on this Calisson - most appreciated. I'm sure you never sleep!
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

Actually, I do sleep - but having moved to Hag Graef area during the End Times, I changed time zone (please make no comment about sudden, unexpected and incredible drop in real estate prices in Naggaroth that I could not resist - at least it was not Ulthuan).
I do not expect to move back any soon to the old world-that-was (no comment either on mortgage issues, thanks).