Asrai, Ulthuan and Druchii websites

Druchii.net Announcements! Whenever something is IMPORTANT, it is in here - PLEASE READ!!!

Moderator: The Dreadlords

Darkprincess
Chosen Babe of Slaanesh

Re: Asrai, Ulthuan and Druchii websites

Post by Darkprincess »

Loki wrote:Well it's good to have you back, though I'm sad to say I believe the chat is pretty much dead. But Rork is still about and kicking it.

Yeah I've tried the chat a few times in the last few weeks and there was nobody there :(
The Dark Princess
High Priestess of the Cult Of Pleasure

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure
Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh
Erotic nighmares beyond any measure
And sensual daydreams to treasure forever
The_Peacemaker
Dark Rider

Post by The_Peacemaker »

I think merging is the way to go to the point where we just have one login. Then have a bunch of sub forums as needed.

But before this happens those of Ulthuan must swear allegiance to Maliketh. :)
Vulcan
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Vulcan »

While I'm no Wood Elf fan, I think it would be quite valuable to the hobby as a whole to keep Arasai up and running in some form or another.

Option two sounds like the best.
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

I thought this would happen sooner or later. We basically need to follow how the B&C is run: sub sections for different coloured marines and common ones for all.

What I think will be a problem is certain posters on Ulthuan want to promote non-GW games. How that meshes with trying to move forward in a new AoS world I don't know.

One thing's for sure, I'll be very happy to see an active painting forum with all flavours of elves in. :D
Amboadine
Miscast into the Warp
Miscast into the Warp

Post by Amboadine »

Darkmark wrote:I thought this would happen sooner or later. We basically need to follow how the B&C is run: sub sections for different coloured marines and common ones for all.

What I think will be a problem is certain posters on Ulthuan want to promote non-GW games. How that meshes with trying to move forward in a new AoS world I don't know.

One thing's for sure, I'll be very happy to see an active painting forum with all flavours of elves in. :D

Having non GW games is not a bad thing. There are a lot of games out there for people to get involved with.
We have a separate section for exactly this.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Darkmark wrote:What I think will be a problem is certain posters on Ulthuan want to promote non-GW games. How that meshes with trying to move forward in a new AoS world I don't know.

I don't see an issue with having areas for different games. They don't have to dominant but, let's face it, a lot of people have moved on to other games. So why not offer them something?

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Darkmark
Beastmaster

Post by Darkmark »

TBH, I'm not fussed which set of rules people use to push their models around. It could get a little awkward though with some pushing their ideas/ rules while others prefer regular GW vanilla, no?

Anyways, that's for those with vested interests. I'm far, far more excited for a new bigger painting section.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Darkmark wrote:TBH, I'm not fussed which set of rules people use to push their models around. It could get a little awkward though with some pushing their ideas/ rules while others prefer regular GW vanilla, no?

The beautiful thing about being a moderator is that if someone gets pushy, you can push right back...and harder, too :twisted: .

With forums for different systems, for the most part you won't have "My game is better than your game" going on.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
The_Peacemaker
Dark Rider

Post by The_Peacemaker »

Darkmark wrote:What I think will be a problem is certain posters on Ulthuan want to promote non-GW games. How that meshes with trying to move forward in a new AoS world I don't know.

Honestly, AoS does not have a big enough player base to support multiple forums. Nor does its rules system support splitting up their players into faction beyond order and destruction.

It does have enough players to support one big forum that has multiple sub forums.
Cthelthmoore
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cthelthmoore »

Anything happen with this in the end? Seems like the Wood Elves forum was ultimately closed down.
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

This, Daeron may confirm or deny.
He has been the one taking administrative charge (including paying the bill).
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Cthelthmoore
Trainee Warrior

Post by Cthelthmoore »

It would be a pity to have all of the older fantasy forums shut down like that, I reckoned that they'd all be merged together eventually in some manner, to preserve the tomes of knowledge and tactica that they are!

Just to be clear, I mean merging the likes of the vampire counts forum, etc, in too.

Are any of the older ones anywhere near as active as the likes of Dakkadakka?
Calisson
Corsair
Corsair

Post by Calisson »

I'd assume that Karak Norn Clansman maintains Chaos Dwarf online.
Winds never stop blowing, Oceans are borderless. Get a ship and a crew, so the World will be ours! Today the World, tomorrow Nagg! {--|oBrotherhood of the Coast!o|--}
Daeron
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Daeron »

Cthelthmoore wrote:Anything happen with this in the end? Seems like the Wood Elves forum was ultimately closed down.

It's still there. http://asrai.druchii.net/

Unfortunately, the transfer wasn't coördinated as expected and the domain name was immediately sniped by some bot that eats up domains with better google search popularity. According to whois information it should expire in 2022.

For what it's worth, Druchii, Ulthuan and Asrai are running on 1 server and 1 account. Ulthuan and Druchii still have their own domains.
I love me a bowl of numbers to crunch for breakfast. If you need anything theoryhammered, I gladly take requests.

Furnace of Arcana, a warhammer blog with delusional grandeur.

"I move unseen. I hide in light and shadow. I move faster than a bird. No plate of armour ever stopped me. I strike recruits and veterans with equal ease. And all shiver at my coldest of whispers."
- The stiff breeze
Bobba Looba
Corsair

Post by Bobba Looba »

There is also the eefl forum (8th edition for life). It covers all factions and is relatively active, although, as the name implies, it is limited as well.