outmatched and hating it

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Impure souls
Highborn

outmatched and hating it

Post by Impure souls »

this is a post about how really crummy our special characters are and our overall army book.

i was looking throughthe army builder and decided to look at our character and compare to other races. whhhhhhhoooaaa.
our characters really suck to the high elf ones. i mean no wonder our characters die like flies.they suck big time. so i rewrote talluris and made up my own. here they are and i will add shadowblade and kouran and maybe malekith too.

Talluris- High Executioner of Har Ganeth 355points

M Ws Bs S T W I A ld Sv+ Wd+
5 8 5 4 3 3 8 4 10 3+ 5+

equipped: Mithral Armor of Har Ganeth, Great weapon(special), Black amulet

High Executioner: can use all his abilities on larger than man sized creatures.

Swift Dismemberment: if Talluris rolls a 6 to wound, he my make an additional attack per 6 rolled. In addition, once per battle Talluris is so gripped by the battle his anxiety to kill reaches so high he lashes out to kill all opposes in his way. .This has the effect of an additional D6 attacks once per battle.

Mithral Armor of Har Ganeth: provides a 3+ armor save. This first saved Talluris against a prisoner who started to attack him, when he was without his weapon. Amazingly this armor turned aside the blows which were struck, and Talluris killed the prisoner with his bare hands.

Blade Master: Talluris strikes in initiative order with his great weapon. And he has the killing blow special ability.

Black Amulet: same as dark elf army book.

and my charcter who goes unnamed to this point.

M Ws Bs S T W I A ld sv
5 8 5 4 3 3 8 5 10 5+ 3+

equipped: Mist armor, Red ring of agility, 2x hand weapons.

Mist armor: the mist armor protects its wearer from blows struck against him. ………. Is covered in a black mist which disrupts the speed and accuracy of a blow, which has the effect of –1 to hit and –1 strength. Heavy armor.

Red ring of agility: the red ring increases the speed of ………… so he is simple a blur. He can evade attacks thanks to the power of the ring and he has supposed to have died many times in battle to the disgust of his enemies. it conveys a 3+ ward save

Master of combat: If all of ………. Attacks are against the one opponent, he loses his +1 attack bonus for two hand weapons but gains +1 strength for the time his attacks are against the one opponent. If he decides to attack a different target, he must decide to attack only that target or attack normally.

Drifter: he cannot be the army General, for he decides when to fight, who he fights and if he fights at all.
375 points.

what do you guys think of the change and my character??
i shape my weapons, from the fears of my enemy.
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Are special characters really that important?

Post by Rork »

Surely special characters aren't necessary to make an army good.

And striking in I order with that version of killing blow...hmmm...I think that is a little too good...

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Fallen angel
Cold One Knight

Post by Fallen angel »

High Elven good you might say (Swordmaster honour anyone :evil: ). The whole using it on bigger creatures is quite good, I guess, but that's what you get from Tullaris!

Fallen Angel
Play DnD in the Firgotten Realms setting? Have a look at my quick narrative..... http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=21330
|seraphon|
Beastmaster

Post by |seraphon| »

i think Beastlord Rakarth can use a huge upgrade. He sucks most of them all
Creedence
Dark Rider

Post by Creedence »

Sulephet wrote:i think Beastlord Rakarth can use a huge upgrade. He sucks most of them all

And of course that is the one they put in the 2003 annual or whatever the hell they are calling it now.

Later,
Lord Admiral, Creedence Vendral, Commander of the Black Arc Murderous Pride.
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

Tullaris is a particular favourite of mine, fluff-wise. IMHO though, I would prefer changes to our existing core list choices first.

i.e. allow our heroes access to the Temple of Khaine
Impure souls
Highborn

Post by Impure souls »

what do you guys think about the characters?? i will re write the others soon.i just got back from camping so i will get straight on it. i know characters dont make the army but still it would be nice to know we have decent ones. o Talluris' high executioner rule is the existing one, so is the black amulet on him.
Srovex
Beastmaster

Post by Srovex »

It's Tullaris not Talluris ;)
That is my Avatar! Dont you dare to took it!

Si vis pacem para bellum
"If you want peace, prepare for war"
Draichlord
Noble

Post by Draichlord »

You really would've liked the old 4th/5th ed Tullaris. S5, T5 heavy armor, Black Amulet(when it was a 4+ ward) and Executioner Axe. He cost 223pts. and I used him frequently as my general.
If you run, you'll just die tired
Impure souls
Highborn

Post by Impure souls »

he sounds cool back then but the T5 is wierd to the now T3 elf. he would have been cool. im sorry i misspelt Tullaris!! i am redoing rakarth, malekith, and yes shadowblade, now. rakarth and malekith are slight adjustments, but i plan big things for shadowblade. what do you all think of my character i made up?i think he emphasises what we are all about. hard to hit and deadly in combat. but once he gets hit he still takes damage like a *****. o and i might be changing the ring of agility to just a 3+ ward only in combat.
Impure souls
Highborn

Post by Impure souls »

i just finished shadowblade,malekith and rakarth. and i also made up a few more items i will post them all tomorrow. i dont have the time right now im off to get Kingdom hearts. yippee :!: ............... oops i mean screw you high elves. ;)
The new guy
Highborn

Post by The new guy »

i think that they shouldnt have made special characters, they make the game no fun when the ***** high player starts to cry when a dwarf runs down tyrion.(not kidding)