whats the phonetic spelling for druchii??

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Loflar
Warband Noble
Warband Noble

Post by Loflar »

A neutral shade of black. wrote:yes. Not sure it makes anything clearer for people, but hey... :)

For me it is now quite clear. It means, that if I read it as if it was a phonetically written Czech word, then I read it well. Which is good, because that's the way I like it ;-)
Vampire master morph
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: Scotland,Aberdeen,Feeding Asur To My Pet Harpies...

Post by Vampire master morph »

Well i thought you said it like you would say urukai(off lord of the rings) or duru-chee or dru-ki but i think the duru-kai sounds better :)

V.M.Morph
Arquinsiel
Shadowdancer

Post by Arquinsiel »

Except it was Uruk Hai. And that film got so much stick for the over enunciation of everything. THey're still doing it these days on some sketch shows. U - ruk -hai is three sylables, Dru- chii is just two. Not even Sir Ian McKellan could scrape another one out of it for all his skills at word mangling.
ImageImageImageImage
faerthurir wrote:Arq kicked me in the gyros.
Malius
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Malius »

well personally i pronounce it droo-kai, but most of my friends pronounce it drew-chee. i prefer the first as, to me, it sounds more harsh and suits the druchii more than the softer drew- chee
Archdukechocula wrote:In fact I think the problem is that there should be a better term for jerky WAAC people, such as Win Avoiding Normal Kindness, Especially Respect (A " WANKER " if you will).

now thats funny :P