which units do you prefear ?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Kalarn
Cold One Knight

Post by Kalarn »

Malus darkblade is one of my favourite models - him and a box of DEW were my very first purchases *sigh*.
Corsairs and witch elves are quite high on my favourites list, as are executioners - their armour looks fantastic!
But lets not forget the battle cows whcih i think represent their rules and fluff perfectly - malicious, but not that bright...
Cheers, Chris
'Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.'
www.livejournal.com/users/kalarn/
Azimyth
Beastmaster

Post by Azimyth »

In terms of models I would have to say the witches. plus the actual Cold one knights, I absolutely loathe the new mounts the old velociraptor style are way cooler. the new execuitioners are cool but i'd prefer them to have huge axe hence i use the old black gaurd as exec's.
Fluffwise i've always liked the execs first
South African Players: http://www.warhammergenerals.co.za
Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
ETC: Rules for whingers who still want to play 7th
Benji
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Benji »

i like the witch elves, the boots do it for me ;)
Walrusm3
Cold One Knight

Post by Walrusm3 »

I love the black guard, they have always showing usefulness and loyal bodyguards and have help in many battles and my assassin duos who hide in them come out a cause massacres and usually win and kill lots of models with manbane poison.
Sanity... is for the weak!
Shapeshifter
Trainee Warrior

Post by Shapeshifter »

Cold One Knights are very cool, and witch elves are very hot :) - pity they die so fast.
Glorified malcontent
Trainee Warrior

Post by Glorified malcontent »

i would go for executioners, because they go through chosen chaos knights really Quickly and they look cool!
Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Executioners for me, the look great and they have yet to let me down in gaming terms as well.
i also like DEW as well as they to rearly let me down but i also like the models....partly because i remember the old DEW....*shudder*
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Lordsaradain
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lordsaradain »

My pegasus Noble...

I like DR's alot too.
Click here to find out how to convert cooler and cheaper models!
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Glorified malcontent
Trainee Warrior

i really like the cold one chariot; it is cool + spikey AND kicks ass gaming-wise
Shinobi
Beastmaster

Post by Shinobi »

Chariot crewmen! They look like some semi-heavy infantry, and models are great.

Exes are also cool, same goes for corsairs and assasins.
Nozomeru Hei, tatakau mono, kaijin wo hari, retsu wo tukutte, mae ni ari

"Confronting Soldiers, Ones that battle, everybody making a formation, making
a row, and is present in front".
The Mighty Chat wrote:Ignorance is a virtue
Araveil
Trainee Warrior

Post by Araveil »

Within the dark efl range i really like corsiars. But in the whole range i haave a soft spot for dragon princes....
Glorified malcontent
Trainee Warrior

in the whole range i would say the best model is the lord of nurgle on daemonic steed. it rocks!
Raziel02

Post by Raziel02 »

The war hydra, because it looks so good, and croossbowmen, being able to fire 32 shots at a time, and to see the other players face when there unit has been complety cleared of the bored before they can get into comabat.
Gibious
Highborn

Post by Gibious »

luving my new exes and they would be perfect if they wouldent stop faling over and breaking off their draich (me ver clumsy)

after than would be my general coz i made him myself so the best model realy is the lack of highborns

best to field has to be 12 WE full command in 2x6 its funny when my opponents jaw drops as i start counting the amount of die i will e using to attack

fluffy wise would be the assassin as they are soooo kool just sliping into a stronghold with the only purpose to slip his venom coated dagger between its victems ribs
...Well thats the end of my post
Kiwi
Beastmaster

Post by Kiwi »

Executioners are one of my favs, always field a unit of 20 if I use them ( which is all but 3 battles i have ever played ).

Love my CoK's as well.
Kin'eleth
Executioner

Post by Kin'eleth »

i would have to go with warriors. the models are awesome. they are cheap (in dark elf terms) and awesome. when i play with them they can do anything. my first game, 10 spearmen took a charge from 5 HE silverhelms. spearmen killed won combat res and ran down the cold ones (hee hee hee).

it seems that the genereal consenses is executioners. i dont have any, but the models look cool.
despair.com for all your demotivating needs!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny..... (I think you know it by now)
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

My favourite models? I'm assuming you mean by model appearance.

1. Black Guards
2. Executioners
3. Corsairs

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Aenur, the Sword of Twilight. Sure, he's a High Elf, but the thing is, he can be adapted to any of the three elven races, as can Phytrion.

I would like to see a better dragon, though. Preferably one that can be used in battles, unlike Forgeworld's version of the Emperor Dragon (which can take on armies by itself).
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors
Pmpn8ez
Evil Vampire Lord Fluffy

Post by Pmpn8ez »

If the Emperor dragon was a smaller model, that would be absolutely beautiful to use as a mount. The new-ish forest dragon wasn't so bad, though and Imrik's is a definite improvement over Malekiths.
"We are the most civilized race in the world. We have more exquisite ways to kill than any other." -Lord Vraneth the Cruel, master of Har Ganeth

«The wonder has a name: pmpn8ez.»
Sammo54
Warrior

Post by Sammo54 »

Im for executioners all the way. ever since their armour got upgraded to being heavy you just cant beat them.
Through fire and pain the dead do roam for all is eternal darkness
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Sammo54 wrote:Im for executioners all the way. ever since their armour got upgraded to being heavy you just cant beat them.

Don't be so sure about that ;) My Executioners drop like flies, on the other hand, I'd rather have them die than my 10 Witches...

Nagathi
The Sacred Sentinel
Darmort
The Bane Of Gavin Thrope

Post by Darmort »

Fluff - Corsairs and Shades. Both are by far the coolest, with Shades being practically orphans, brought up in the mountains and living night and day in the fridgid lands just to survive, whereas the Corsairs go raiding to other continents and strike fear into the peasants, and drag them off as slaves into the night...

Models - I think the Warrior models are pretty cool. I'm considering getting several more boxes for more Warriors in my army (Who says Repeater Crossbows suck?), and then get backed up by Reapers, which are also great models, just damn fiddly to build.

Army Performance - Here, I'm going to say that the unit that has always worked well for me was, and still is, the very basics; Warriors. So diverse, and they last in combat, for once.
Back From Druchii Hiatus
Osmiusvorn
Executioner

Post by Osmiusvorn »

Modelwise the lovely executioners...

Fluffwise assasins, trained murderers from childhood. Brilliant!

Gameswise Dark Riders, never leave home without at least one unit of them...
Iandaredh kythorion
Warrior

Post by Iandaredh kythorion »

Well I find the Black Guard and Executioners probably the most beautiful models in whole WH.

The funny thing is I never use them because in game terms I prefer cavalry so my favorits are CoKs and DRs.
Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity
Kamahl
Dark Rider

Post by Kamahl »

never leave home without COK or exe RBT looks pretty nice 2 especialy the crewmen pointing the sword ;)
Nice and Easy might not always do the trick, but at least it doesn't end up splattered against some wall.