How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

tullaris & kouran, few questions

Post by Kinslayer »

1 - who exactly are they... ?

2 - are they getting new models? like Korhill and Cadyrian kind of thing?

3 - does anyone have any fluff on these guys or know where it is (older armie books maybe?)
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

Uhh kouran is the captain of the black guard and has some pretty funky stuff. Tullaris is an executioner and carries the executioners axe and can slay anything except swarms.

Nice and basic. That is either right or they are around the wrong way.

=]
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

"Coombs, why do i keep you around! :/"
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

ah right, cheers

do you know if they are getting models? they arent in the spearhead.
Jaqtaar
Cold One Knight

Post by Jaqtaar »

You don't need to look for the old armybook to read about them. They are described, though shortly, in the current one too (page 49).

Tullaris is also the creator of the Black Amulet by the way.
Druchii! Hear my voice!
Let your blades be keen! Let your hearts be iron and your thews steel! Let your grim visors be the last thing that the scum of Ulthuan see in this life!
In the name of Naggaroth and the Witch-King ...Charge!
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

Oh, I didnt know that. Sweet

=]
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Ah yeah ive read that part now (probably did ages ago too but forgot) - i was looking for more detailed fluff but i guess that will be in the new book :)
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

Kouran-

Kouran is a cunning commander, renowned for taking risks, though
always claiming victory in the end. Once he sacrificed half a Dark Elf army to draw the enemy into a trap - caring nothing for the lives of those who served him. He is an extremely efficient leader and is respected and feared by the Dark Elves under his command.

Tullaris-

Tullaris is one of the most murderous leaders in the whole of Naggaroth. He once had all of the inhabitants of a captured town butchered and the town itself leveled to the ground simply because he didn't like its name!

Under his command the Executioners have partaken in such devastating orgies of destruction that they have gained a fearful reputation all across the Warhammer World. Just the rumour that they are part of an invading Dark Elf army can cause floods of refugees to flee before the Dark Elf forces.

Some weird diary entry on the black amulet-

With my nails I wrenched the stone from the black heart of the mountain, baptising it in the blood of my own hands. I wrapped the stone in velvet for the journey back to Clar Karond, for if a single mote of the sun's light had touched the stone's surface the enchantments would not have taken, and my five year search would have been in vain.

I had hoped to begin creating the amulet immediately upon my return, but in my absence my own two sons, may their names never soil my lips again, sized my lands and title for themselves. The young fools - how could they hope to best me? Cloaking myself in the shadows, I stole into the tower using the secret ways and murdered them while they slept, smashing their skulls with the black stone - a fitting payment for their treachery. Their naked, lifeless bodies now hang in my laboratory, and not until their rotting bodies drop from their heads will I dispose of them. I can now begin my great work - the creation of the black amulet.

=]

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

where did you get that?
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

From the deep storage of my subconscious mind.

Nah its on the AU website. There are a couple of PDF's the characters not in the book. Such as the Beastlord, Shadowblade, Kouran, Helebron, Tullaris and i think that it.

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/warh ... efault.htm

Theres linky my friend.

Enjoy.

Oh as for models, I haven't heard anything about them doing them.

=]

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

thanks mate ill have a read.

They should, high elves got their characters - we need some to kill them with ;)

plus the fact malekith morathi and malus arent gettng redone -.-
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

Well, I was thinking about this the other day. Shadowblade, I think he is the best model in the game.

What you do is you take a sorceress with Lore of shadow and get the first spell whos name eludes me at this time. The you get another player with you who has lore of beasts and you get them to take the beasts fury and cast it on shadowblade.

End result is that you have a shadowblade moving potentially 32 inches with WS 10, S9, 9 attacks with killing blow. Tell me that is not uber cheese to the max.

Major assasin golf there.

=]

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

steed of shadows

and good tactic ;)
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

Ahh thats the one.

Enjoy

=]

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

you can also steed of shadows a lesser assassin straight in front of the army general or spellcasters, charge and issue a challenge, and provided you kitted him out right, kill him.
Prince daerlythe
Black Guard

Post by Prince daerlythe »

but are we even getting access to the other lores in the new book. The tactic doesn't work perfectly if we can't use the lore of beasts.

Otherwise, though, great idea. I would never have thought of that one.
Blood stains the snow. Glory to Khaine!
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

heh, random idea, but beastmasters should have upgrade fir lvl 1 lore of beasts

a bit like branchwraiths for the wood elves
Prince daerlythe
Black Guard

that's actually not that bad an idea. But seeing as how they aren't looking like a character anymore, i doubt it.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

well perhaps they could be an upgrade for the hydra but allowed a 50 point allowance, and theres an item for them which grants them lvl 1 lore of beasts, but its too late to suggest that now - unless by some strange coinsidence GW did this already. you know what they say, great minds...
Prince daerlythe
Black Guard

...think alike. Maybe for the lesser races, but we druchii are so advanced in our mental capacity that no two individuals truly think along the same line.

Anyhow, we're getting OT. Back to Tullaris and Kouran.

By the sounds of it, those 2 are becomming hero choices that must be in their respective units. That'll be good for Kouran, cause that way we should be able to take both him and Malekith in a 2000 point army. It may even be that that could make BG a core unit with those two characters present. Ah, but the wishes are many.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

A Malekith/Kouran combo black guard dragon army would be sweet... though probably number what, 50 models? :p

Hes cool yeah, but i prefer executioners, which is why im hoping theres a sick new model of tullaris! and aparently hes a paper tiger, which i take it means hes fragile but deadly?
Artein
Highborn

Post by Artein »

About Kouran, he was killed by Tyrion in 6th eddition HE Army Book
Minsc
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Minsc »

And Eltharion got the crap kicked out of him by Malekith in the same AB.

Now Eltharion is still warden of Tor Yvressë, and Kouran is alive again. Seems GW is not only starting to use 5th Ed rules/looks for units again, theyre actually reincarnating characters :P
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

is it Eltharion the one who had to get tied up and watch his entire army get decapitated by the executioners? anyone got a link to that story?
Red duke
Trainee Warrior

Post by Red duke »

Probably. Eltharion had all sorts of terrible things done to him... which then miraculously vanished. Blind Eltharion is no more. Pity, he was at least cool that way. The way he is now... he's a Mage Knight on a Gryphon. Boring.

By the way, that I can recall, there are no new models for Kouran & Tullaris, according to rumor. That's too bad, really. I'm sure they'd look cool, and besides, our High Elf characters (Korhil, Caradryan, Alith Anar) got new models. We need someone to fight with 'em. :)
"Don't hit unless you have to, but never hit softly."
- Theodore Roosevelt
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Red Duke wrote:I'm sure they'd look cool, and besides, our High Elf characters (Korhil, Caradryan, Alith Anar) got new models. We need someone to fight with 'em. :)

my point exactly