78%
Yes
22%

Total votes: 27

Manticore master
Trainee Warrior

Malekith Poll

Post by Manticore master »

I personbally think Malekith is not very good as he can be beaten by almost any other character and he is supposed to ber the ruler of the dark elves.
1 lord 3 hero slots annd almost 1000 points, if a character has str 5 with a magic weapon and other items he is toast.
Anyway what do you think???
Manticore Master

Cult of Slannesh Player
(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Wabbit. Copy and paste him into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Balthamael
Cold One Knight

Post by Balthamael »

Ilokir lúinwë
Asur Bane

Post by Ilokir lúinwë »

Yes he is worth his points. Yes he has indeed dificulties to beat other characters, since he isn't a chaos lord. He is very good in a supporting role. I only think it is a shame that he has no rules for his crown of Iron, but you could have read that all in the multitude of posts that were recently and less recently posted on this topic.. I therefore would strongly advice: this
Last edited by Ilokir lúinwë on Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Class: Warrior
Ws: 6 dex: 4 str: 4 T: 3 Int: 4
Skills: Awareness, Defensive fighting, Parry
Equipment: Medium armor, Longsword, 2 Throwing daggers, 50 gold coins

Don't forgive, don't forget
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

I'd say he is worth his points cost, but not his hero slots.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Post by Discipleofkhaine »

The fact is that hardly anyone has PLAYED with the ol' Witchking. On paper, he looks ineffective, sure. But in game he is actually quite a potent individual. His one draw back is that he takes up to many hero slots. Make him even one hero less, allowing you to take a caddy at 2k, and he would be devastating.
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

I suppose I've likely used him more than most people, and I think he's worth it. Sure, you have to be careful when you use him and use him appropriately, but if you've got the proper strategy down, then he's practically unbeatable. In fact, I've only had him go down once and that was because the scenario we played involved all magic items being powerless - and he still didn't die - he got broken in combat and run down.

If something can be obviously beaten by a another given thing, like Malekith can be beaten by most characters, then why would you ever take him into contact with that thing? Seriously? Just play it smart, have him beat up on units and cast spells and cause terror and stuff and its all good.
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Lord ruerl of harganeth
Beastmaster
Location: Searching Ulthuan for my wife's murderer (New Zealand actually)

Post by Lord ruerl of harganeth »

i did a game with him against Archon. He smashed all of Archon's item and gave him a nasty wound but Archon managed to kill him.
"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, I will have my Venegance"
Dread lord malice
Noble

Post by Dread lord malice »

Lord Ruerl of HarGaneth wrote:i did a game with him against Archon. He smashed all of Archon's item and gave him a nasty wound but Archon managed to kill him.

I have a almost identicale war story but Malekith offed Archaon in mine. Once you "de-fang" him (destroy his demon sword and whatnot) he's alot easier to deal with. I pesronally think Malekith is worth it but not all the slots he takes up. I LOVE his weapon. Ive destroyed everything from Ghal Marez to Gitznik to Thorek Ironbrows weapon (forgot the name) with it. And he's riding a damn dragon. Thats one model you DO NOT want to hit your flanks.
He's not our best special character, but he's not "broken" either. Just learn how to use him.
Victory is measured in blood. Yours or your enemies.

Give them NOTHING, but take from them EVERYTHING!
Manticore master
Trainee Warrior

Post by Manticore master »

The only probelem is that you can only destroy 1 item at a time and you cant choose which 1 is destroyed your opponent does and so he just has to avoid destroying his weapon for as long as possible.
Manticore Master

Cult of Slannesh Player
(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Wabbit. Copy and paste him into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Bloodbathe
Trainee Warrior

Post by Bloodbathe »

I've used him once against and empire army and was fairly impressed, he destoried a runefang and proved fairly much unstoppable, until on the 6th turn he took an irressistable fireball to the chest and lost two wounds (which cost some disgushing amount of VPs)

btw, i don't think the new orc special characters don't take up additional hero slots so (hopefully) when our revision rolls around malekith may well lose his biggest problem.
'Of course we leave a few alive, leave enough and you can come back in 100 years or so and raid the village again'
-Thrakan Bloodmoon
Eldacar
Loremaster

Post by Eldacar »

Yes he has indeed dificulties to beat other characters, since he isn't a chaos lord.

Not being a Chaos Lord doesn't mean much. There are lots of things that aren't Chaos Lords. Malekith basically has all the strengths of the DE, but that goes hand in hand with him possessing all of the weaknesses, which an experienced player should be exploiting if they're up against him.
"I live in hope and fear. Hope that once more the Lords of Caledor will ride on the backs of Dragons. Fear that if we do, when we do, it will be our last ride." ~Imrik, High Prince

Initiative Leader - Editors