Ultimate Malekith Killer

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Shakra sharktooth
Warrior
Location: In a very high tower ready to throw a goblin over the edge

Ultimate Malekith Killer

Post by Shakra sharktooth »

Wht caracter is the perfect malekith killer, i would say Grimgor Ironhide with his magic weapon and always strike first abbilety but what do you guys think.

PS im sorry all the wrong spellings
My Foc. Fam. is a snotling from the NG Fanatics sprue. I kind of like the idea of the entire power of Chaos being pumped through a snotling.

When I press the Smilie button it says "Hacking Attempt". What should I do?
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

Any character with a magic weapon and either always strikes first or an additonal magic item he can sacrifice is a perfect Malekith killer unfortunately.
They should change his rule so that he always has its wardsave except against Dark Magic and Necromancy, that would be fluffy. Atm the king who "cannot be killed by any weapon made by elf, man or dwarf" can be killed by a character with a sword of might :)
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Either a magicy melle monster of some sort...but i rather not talk about malekith dieing....*Snif* :(
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Dread lord malice
Noble

Post by Dread lord malice »

Oddly enough, Ive killed him once with Shadowblade, and once with Malus Darkblade LOL :D . Same guy I was playing against both times, and boy was he pissed. I wouldnt say their perfect, though.
Archaon, Thorgrim, Valten, Tyrion, Gotrek, the list goes on. I like Maleith but hes just not a overly tough character, and in this case he should be. Fluff wise hes one of the most powerful guys in the world. But not stat or rule wise.
~sighs and shakes head~
Victory is measured in blood. Yours or your enemies.

Give them NOTHING, but take from them EVERYTHING!
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

An annointed with a sword of battle is likely the cheapest way to kill him with a character - though if he's getting killed by a character you're either very unlucky or you've made a mistake. There's a reason he has thousands of minion at his beck and call - to fight the nasty guys for him while takes up the easy fights. ;)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

I would laugh really hard if he dies from Dryads, it's possible because dryads attacks count as magic weapon.
Darkspear
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Darkspear »

any character can kill him easily. even a lvl 1 sorc with chillwind.
In my land, everyone calls me the darkspear. The most famous spearmen commander of all.
Tenebrae
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Tenebrae »

Most 'sure fire' way I have seen was a flying skink chief with the SoM. S5 flying and some sacred spawning so that he got an extra attack on the charge. Cheap and hideously effective.
Unit strengths and bases are covered here.
Updates are here.
Neferata
Cold One Knight

Post by Neferata »

I wouldn't use a character to kill Malekith.. Some gutter runners or something perhaps... However if I was forced to use a character I wouldn't bring Archaon or someone as if their magic item got destroyed (if Malekith got the charge, 20 movement..) they would get a hard time. I'd probably use a bret lord with grail vow (magical attacks). That way he wouldn't run away from terror either... Take some ward save, virtue of confidence and some other sweet little things :P.

N.
Dear Druchii and fellow gamers,
What part of; "Thou shalt not kill" did you not understand?

Scandinavia Alp Hunters
W 10; D; 4 L; 2
Minsc

Post by Minsc »

*Insert random Wood Elf (elven) hero*

*Give random Wood Elf (elven) hero HoDA*

*Tell random Wood Elf (elven) hero to aim the HoDA on Malekith*

*Listen to the screams of the proud, but soon dead Druchii Witch King*
Vorchild
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Post by Vorchild »

Minsc wrote:*Insert random Wood Elf (elven) hero*

*Give random Wood Elf (elven) hero HoDA*

*Tell random Wood Elf (elven) hero to aim the HoDA on Malekith*

*Listen to the screams of the proud, but soon dead Druchii Witch King*

Guy did that to me once when I was using Malekith and didn't even cause a wound on him. ;)
_
The storm is coming...
Are you ready?
Minsc

Post by Minsc »

Then he rolled bad.

Average is 9 shots, 8 hits, 3 on Malekith, 2 wounds.

Roll somewhat above average (say 11 shots, 10 hits, 4 on Malekith and 3 wounds), and the poor 1k pts charachter is toast :P
Lordofthenight

Post by Lordofthenight »

It's not as amusing as seeing Waywatchers pop the Blood-dragon lord on zombie dragon in the first turn with a killing blow though. That made me chuckle.

Wights are good at killing ol' Mally - killing blow and magic weapons are always amusing.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Kargan daemonclaw
Highborn

Post by Kargan daemonclaw »

Dread Lord Malus wrote:Oddly enough, Ive killed him once with Shadowblade, and once with Malus Darkblade LOL :D . Same guy I was playing against both times, and boy was he pissed. I wouldnt say their perfect, though.
Archaon, Thorgrim, Valten, Tyrion, Gotrek, the list goes on. I like Maleith but hes just not a overly tough character, and in this case he should be. Fluff wise hes one of the most powerful guys in the world. But not stat or rule wise.
~sighs and shakes head~

Everyone you have listed is also "one of the most powerful guys in the world". So in that exalted company Malekith is barely average. Gortrek is supposed to be able to beat up greater daemons and barely work up a sweat. A little thing like a elf king wouldn't be a warm up. However against all of those characters Malekith would fly around and magic them to death rather than fight them in HTH combat.

So no I don't think Malekith should be any tougher unless you also want to make all the characters you mentioned and daemons and large monsters tougher as well.
Dread lord malice
Noble

Point taken. But my point is he's basically the father of our race. Noone else on the list I gave can claim that. But yes, I do suppose your right.

Kargan daemonclaw
Highborn

Dread Lord Malus wrote:Point taken. But my point is he's basically the father of our race. Noone else on the list I gave can claim that. But yes, I do suppose your right.

Malekith also has 5000 years of being alive he likes it a lot and does not want to risk his personal safety at all.

All the other hero's either want to die or would be prepared to die in the advancement of their cause. There is no way that Malekith (the archtype villian) would risk his hide for another Druchii, except maybe his mother. He is also mortally afraid of sorcerers, since most wizard models are male he should have rules that means he treats all enemy male wizards as causeing terror in him which he should test for even if on a dragon, any wound he takes from such a model should cause an immediate panic test.

You can't just look at one army books fluff and equate that into stats in the game.
Lordofthenight

Post by Lordofthenight »

Archaon wouldn't be prepared to die for Chaos, and neither would Malekith for Morathi.

I wouldn't think Malekith is actually terrified of male wizards though - he duelled with Teclis for long enough afterall. In his arrogance he'd consider non elves to be beneath his notice, not matter how powerful they are.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Dread lord malice
Noble

Both posts above make very valid points. But I have to confess I inadverntly led the thread astray. Lets hop back on topic, shall we?

Discipleofkhaine
Noble

Post by Discipleofkhaine »

Malekith also has 5000 years of being alive he likes it a lot and does not want to risk his personal safety at all.

Malkekith dies alot. He can pull his soul back out of the warp though so doesnt stay dead for long.

As far as heros go..any spell caster really.

I would say people like Orion, or a HoDA character, but doesnt his armour make it so that attacks that do multiple wounds can only do a max of one wound per attack?
Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Minsc wrote:Then he rolled bad.

Average is 9 shots, 8 hits, 3 on Malekith, 2 wounds.

Roll somewhat above average (say 11 shots, 10 hits, 4 on Malekith and 3 wounds), and the poor 1k pts charachter is toast :P

Of course, malekith could quite easily get to 6 wounds against any elven opposition with sould stealer so the arrow would struggle to kill him then even if you rolled well... Just charge him with dryads if you play him with Woodies.
Garluch
Beastmaster

Post by Garluch »

I would say people like Orion, or a HoDA character, but doesnt his armour make it so that attacks that do multiple wounds can only do a max of one wound per attack?

if i remember it right, hail of doom arrow shots 2d6 ARROWS, not one arrow with 2d6 wounds, it only stops attacks with d3, d6 or other special abillites.

BTW: is he imune to killing blow?, as you get ward and regen in the most cases.
Kargan daemonclaw
Highborn

Under what situation are we supposed to base the analysis?

If it is a 1-1 comnat challange, then you need characters with magic resistance and a missile attack, because if all they have is melee ability why would malekith do anything other than fly out of charge arc, and magic them and have the dragon breath on them until they are dead?

if you want us to consider the situation where Malekith has made the mistake of charging an enemy character without a nearby champion to take the challange then he is asking for it anyway and anything like and Orge lord would do.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

He gets the armour save and Ward save against non magic weapons if that answers your qustion garluch
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Minsc

Post by Minsc »

HoDA does 3D6 S4 Arrows, not 3 Arrows dealing D6 wounds, so Malekith is in the red zone when there's a HoDA in the vicinity...
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Oh Khaine how I hate those hail of doom arows (stupid giant killing splinters!)

I would say the best boy to kill Malikith would be Iron brow or failing that any rune lord with an anvil of doom, flying doesnt help when you can blast the your enemys from that far away.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation