Morathi in a Cult of Pleasure....

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Yourmumrang
Noble

Morathi in a Cult of Pleasure....

Post by Yourmumrang »

Hey all!

I am considering building a Morathi-led Cult of Pleasure. She seems highly cost effective and best able to make use of the awesome Lore of Slaanesh! She can fly behind my units and be safe whilst still casting Slaaneshi magic with +2 to cast!

So it brings me to a few questions;

- What spells should she select? I would likely choose 3 from Slaanesh and then perhaps Dominion as it fits with the theme of Slaanesh magic.

- How much magical support will she need?

- What kind of army best makes use of Slaanesh magic? MSU? Cavalry?

Thanks in advance!
Katon
Highborn

Post by Katon »

I do not use Slaanesh magic but i believe it is baised on controling movment. So i would go for MSU with maybe no more than 4 cavelry units.

On the subject of magical support, i have no idea. I think Morathi alone can take on a army with maybe two lvl2 wizards or upto 3 but if they have gone magic heavy back her up with a scroll caddy and a spell caster i think.

You must select a lore for her to use then you can select 4 spells from that lore only. So you connot take 3 spells from Slaanesh and 1 from dark.

I belive Morathi adds the +2 to all of her casting rolls as well. I may stand corrected on that.
Yourmumrang
Noble

Post by Yourmumrang »

I believe it says "you can choose from the lore of slaanesh and/or dark magic if you wish..."
Asgoth
Corsair

Post by Asgoth »

You must select a lore for her to use then you can select 4 spells from that lore only. So you connot take 3 spells from Slaanesh and 1 from dark.

Yes you can, cult of slaanesh list specifically says that: Morathi can pick spells from Slaanesh and/or Dark Magic.

IMO you should try morathi out in 2k cult list, it worked for me.
I backed up morathi with 2lv sorc with darkstarcloak and seal of ghrond (seal and scroll if playing against heavy magic).

I would leave other character choises open (if you like you could try to squeeze in a noble but its not nessesary and it leaves your troop choises kinda slim).

I´ve always liked a kinda balanced approach in my lists, but find out what works for you, but since character choises are quite expensive, you should try to bring in some static combatres and hitting power, and of course lots of fast stuff (furies, mounted daemonettes, dark riders)
Joey_boy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Joey_boy »

There are several different spell settups I would chose if using Morethai. First I'd always pick the 2 most important once from Slaanesh. Frenzy and 'go where I want you'. The Depending on my opponents army I'd go with ethere dominion or the slaanesh one depending on if the army is ItP or not. Then I'd just pick whatever spell would be best agains the army my opponent is using. But that would be the basic order of choise for me.

/Johan R
You don´t snuggle with Max Power, you just strap on and feel the G´s!

Swedish ranking page and forum
Limenix
Assassin

Post by Limenix »

I've used Morathi in a cult army and she totaly rocks the battlefield.
If your gonna go with her then go all the way.Take full magic support.With just another Lev.2 sorceress she will not be enough.
The Druchii way of the Warrior:

When you must RUN ..... FIGHT!!!
When you must FIGHT .... WOUND!!!
When you must WOUND .... CRIPPLE!!!
When you must CRIPPLE .... KILL!!!
One-s
Beastmaster

Post by One-s »

Spells you defenitly should take are: Titillating delusions (for obvious reasons)
and enrapturing spasms (it's better then dominion at the same casting value)
luxurious torment is also sweet if you can cast it on an enemy wizard, The wizard will then be frenzied until beaten in combat. :twisted: