Logo
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Hero/lord with a Hyrda?? 
Executioner

I don't know if this topic has been addressed before....but can a lord or hero join up with the hydra's handlers and be apart of that unit??

Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:48 am
Warrior

i dont think so not a 100% but pretty sure you cant it would say in the army book if you could like with the chariot

Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:58 am
Loremaster

Nope, the rule 'Controlled' states that only beastmasters and apprentices can be around the Hydra.

Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:43 am
Master of the Red Legion
Master of the Red Legion

Nope, the rule 'Controlled' states that only beastmasters and apprentices can be around the Hydra.

Exactly. That being said, if you want a shot at taking on a unit head on with this kind of a combo, you can add the beastmaster with the web of shadows and issue a challenge after charging in the front. If you get lucky, that'll score a few wounds for you and the hydra and apprentices should then be able to win the combat by a couple for you (and after that, it should get a bit easier to stick in the combat).

Now, that's just against basic infantry mind you and its a bit of a one shot pseudo-wonder. ;)

Are you ready?

Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
Executioner

I never used Web of Shadows, but I may try the combo of beastmaster with hydra unit and give him something else nasty. I have to look at the book and decide..I am not convinced of the effectiveness of WoS

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:24 pm
Khaindar

Its effectiveness varies wildly depending on which opponent you face.

For example it is an excellent tool to rip apart a fragile wizard or accumulate wounds on a weakly armoured and not too tough unit champion in a challenge. On the other hand - against a tank Dwarf the usefulness is diminuished somewhat, of course. :D

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:31 pm
Profile ICQ
Malekith's Best Friend

According to the DE book (thanks GW for another crap-tastic effort here) a Bastmaster character may only join a War Hydra unit AFTER one of the regular handlers has been killed. So for the other 99% of the time, the answer is no, a character cannot join.

Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:28 pm
Malekith's Best Friend

According to the DE book (thanks GW for another crap-tastic effort here) a Bastmaster character may only join a War Hydra unit AFTER one of the regular handlers has been killed. So for the other 99% of the time, the answer is no, a character cannot join.

:? I don't know how you got that interpretation. :roll:

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:39 am
Loremaster

I disagree. It says that a beastmaster on foot can join the unit. Replacing a lost apprentice if you wish, but they can still join.

Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:07 pm
Malekith's Best Friend

I disagree. It says that a beastmaster on foot can join the unit. Replacing a lost apprentice if you wish, but they can still join

I agree with this, otherwise you would have your BM runnning around following them waiting for an Apprentice to be knocked off so he/she can take their place. Seems a bit silly like that.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:43 am
Assassin

Location: Australia, the place where kangaroo's hop down the street with a can of fosters in their pouch
yes the BM can join the hydra at any time
i had to "bite the bullet" once and ring the rulz boys at 'GW and they confirmed it

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:24 pm
Profile YIM
Black Guard

the question is aprentices get M6 tecnicly when with the hydra

would a beastmaster get the same or would the unit need to slow down.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:47 pm
Noble

I guess once you are no longer an Apprentice, your old age has slowed you a bit.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]