Malekith in the New Book

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

I think its time tio give Slaanesh a chance to lead the Dark Elves to victory. Khaine so far has failed miserably.
I expect Malekith to finally openly embrace the worship of Slaanesh, with the Temple of Khaine becoming the secondary religion.
This woudl result in some hefty infighting, which is good as it means the weak will be weeded out, leaving the strong alive with the power of Slaanesh to support them. Think of the possibilities; we could summon armies of daemons, enjoy every pleasure there is to live, and become extremely powerful due to the favor of Slaanesh while pursuing our hedonistic pleasures!
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Solaufein
Warrior

Post by Solaufein »

we could summon armies of daemons, enjoy every pleasure there is to live, and become extremely powerful due to the favor of Slaanesh while pursuing our hedonistic pleasures!

...at the cost of selling your souls to a thirsting god that will feast upon your essence for all eternity once you die in the material universe.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Lord Tareq wrote:I think its time tio give Slaanesh a chance to lead the Dark Elves to victory. Khaine so far has failed miserably.
I expect Malekith to finally openly embrace the worship of Slaanesh, with the Temple of Khaine becoming the secondary religion.
This woudl result in some hefty infighting, which is good as it means the weak will be weeded out, leaving the strong alive with the power of Slaanesh to support them. Think of the possibilities; we could summon armies of daemons, enjoy every pleasure there is to live, and become extremely powerful due to the favor of Slaanesh while pursuing our hedonistic pleasures!
Ahhh... What paradise that would be. I'd even be satisfied if Morathi was still the Cult Leader and that taking her would open up for a new unit type (Devotees or the like). But no :( New book is (as far as I have heard) so crammed of Khaineite stuff :'(

~ Nag
Last edited by Nagathi on Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightblade183
Assassin

Post by Nightblade183 »

Personally I think since Slaanesh is a chaos god it wouldn't really make since for the Dark Elves as a whole to turn away from Khaine. I mean Khaine is the signature god for the Dark Elves, what could be more fitting than the Lord of Murder. Sure Slaanesh was the main god the army would improve a little but it isn't quite as fitting for the Druchii, IMO. Slaanesh as a Cult on the side when the Druchii are open to feel every pleasure possible sounds perfectly fitting to me.
...__i___
...))))) r
.\OOOOO/
~~~~~~~~~
We can't possibly be the only people on this forum who love plundering and pillaging can we? Come join the Brotherhood of The Coast, and raid til your heart's content.

Beeing ilitterit makes dis forem stewpid

8th Edition Game Tally
W/L/D
2/1/1
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

There is nothing that disallowes having multiple gods to worship. If only the nasty Khainites could stop harassing my precious Cult of Pleasure :D *Glares at Voodoomaster*

As for Malekith, I hope the designers will read his fluff before designing his rules. A man scarred for all eternity by vile magics cast at an already magical flame will rightfully fear magic. Especially when the Prophecy of Demise speaks of a male sorceror who will be his undoing. In his rules, he wears an armour that doesn't do squat against magical attacks... Only against unmagical ones. I can't see the connection. Can you?

~ Nag
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

He's imune to pain, give him stuborn.

He hates every thing, Burning Hatred against everything.

Lv wizard.

4+Armor Save.

2+Ward Save

Magic Resistance 2

Same Weapons.

1 less hero slot.

200 less points in price

Chariot or Dragon (we all like the Empire's Emperor idea, face it.)
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Tell you what, screw Malekith, I think that Teclis is gonna turn NASTY and that his potions (that keep him alive) will fail him and he'll turn to worshipping Slaanesh/Khaine (more likely Slaanesh - even though he HATES the Prince of Darkness...) to keep him strong, only, the Gods will and be expelled/hunted down by his brother...
and thus (turning back on topic a bit more) he'll turn up on the shores of Naggaroth and end up fulfilling the prophecy by slaying Malekith - and then he'll become the new leader of the Druchii!!

Wouldnt that be funny?! :D oh and btw I don't actually believe in what Ive written above, or consider it in anyway accurate (not just because Teclis is in the New HE book...), I just thought I'd spin things around a little...

does anyone see Malekith's prophecy being fullfilled anytime soon? and if so, could this maybe have an impact on the new book?? Killing off Malekith could be interesting... ;)

-Beanz
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

Teclis as Witch King? I'd move to Marienburg! Try this : Malekith tries to make an Executioner's Axe that anybody would ever actually take, but it proves more than even he can handle, and he blows himself up. So the Sorceror that destroys Malekith is Malekith. Morathi goes nuts and kills herself. Furion becomes Witch King, All Hail King Furion!
Layne
Global Moderator. Everything but the weather.

Caveat Numptor.

Karonath - WS6 / S4 / T4 / D5 / I3
Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Inventory: longspear, 2 short swords, glaive, winter gear, shade cloak,
Mount: Dark Steed (Shiny), talisman of kurnous
Gold: 2294
Skills: Ambidexterity, Controlled Frenzy, Basic Ride, Drukh Kaganth
Class: Khainite
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Nahh.. Malus, who wields the Warpsword of Khaine shall inherit the throne! He'd be a kick-arse leader. Full throttle forward with no thought about the consequences. And with Malus on the Throne, the bond with the Chaos Gods would only strengthen and a new attack on the Old Worlds will commence, with Druchii as the main power, followed by all the united gods of Chaos and Morathi's cult as a spicy sidekick!
<insert object="sound" src="evil_laughter.wav" start="auto" loop="infinite">

That'd be fun to see...

~ Nag
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Nagathi wrote:That'd be fun to see...

seconded! only thing is that Malus only wields the 'warpsword of khaine' not the *real* sword of Khaine - which of course Malus would undoubtedly be strong enough to pull from the Alter *cackles* HAHEHEHEHEH! :twisted:

- Beanz
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Beanz wrote:Killing off Malekith could be interesting... ;)

Sounds like fluff blasphemy to me.

For what it's worth, I'm stoked that there's more Temple stuff in the new book. You hedons already have daemons, Khainites need more than assasins and maibd. :P
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Tolkar of har ganeth
Dark Rider

Post by Tolkar of har ganeth »

I wouldn't expect that the cult of slaanesh will be present to much in the next book. The most signature units of the druchii have always been in service of Khaine. A lot of people got to play dark elves because of who we are, and we didn't seem like pink dressing half naked pimps of chaos! :x
KILL!!!
Mandavar bloodlust
Warrior

Post by Mandavar bloodlust »

YES I agree absolutely with Tolkar. Druchii only respect their own strength, if a Druchii preys to a Chaos God and recievs gifts from him he gets killed from other Druchiis because he/she gets help and power from others.

Druchii should stay the same proud, arrogant coldblooded killers and slavemasters they always were and not slaves to the chaos gods.
- Its not allowed to feed your Cold One with more than three High Elfes per day, (remember all the itzy bitzy things on their clothes, hair, and skin) to avoid sickness of your Cold One.
- Druchii Cold One Field Manual Chapter 3, Page 73.
Draithon
Black Guard

Post by Draithon »

Which is cooler norm+khaine worshiping druchii or slanesh worshiping druchii?It is of course khaine+norm druchii(they have assasins!). :D .

But if malekieth died.......what would happen if morathi didnt go crazy,what if she took over? poor nag with his slanesh.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.

Sun Tzu
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Mandawar; Slightly off topic, but it's better to have Slaanesh serve you than to be the slave of Khaine, don't you think?
Khainite society means that everyone is a slave under his rule. In the Cult, there's freedome, there's pleasure and no cultist is the slave (although captives and non-believers are offered on a regular basis, of course :twisted: )

~ Nag
Darigaaz
Black Guard

Post by Darigaaz »

Tolkar of Har Ganeth wrote: we didn't seem like pink dressing half naked pimps of chaos! :x

haha that's awesome! i'll have to use that line the next time i'm in GW ;)

but anyway, i wouldn't say we are slaves to Khaine, i prefer "followers" ;) and to worship Slaanesh is to damn your soul to slavery, come on, sheesh, once you go down that road you become a;

Tolkar of Har Ganeth wrote: pink dressing half naked pimps of chaos! :x

... in a bad way though :P
"I am hatred, darkness and despair".
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Nagathi wrote:Mandawar; Slightly off topic, but it's better to have Slaanesh serve you than to be the slave of Khaine, don't you think?
Khainite society means that everyone is a slave under his rule. In the Cult, there's freedome, there's pleasure and no cultist is the slave (although captives and non-believers are offered on a regular basis, of course :twisted: )

~ Nag

well, maybe slaanesh serves you for the couple of hundred years you are alive, but after that you will serve HIM FOREVER. and whether that is worth the few hundred years of pleasure (and being hunted by each and every khainite dark elf in naggaroth and everywhere else) is questionable.

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye

Nah see its not us bending to the of the prince of darkness but us manipulating and getting the prince of darkness to acquiesce to our demands: we are the ones who control him and his daemons like pawns, not the other way around ;)

besides, can't slaanesh and khaine co-exist in harmony enjoying the pleasure of each others company?? :twisted:

edit: this is now extremely off topic, so I'd better steer things around again...

Does anyone think that Malekith should have a seriously pimped out chariot if were to be given the option in the new book? and if so, what would it have? (stats + rules wise etc...) his afterall was the grandaddy of Cold One Chariots...

-Beanz
Danceman
The Devil in Pale Moonlight

Post by Danceman »

Dangerous Beans wrote:Nah see its not us bending to the of the prince of darkness but us manipulating and getting the prince of darkness to acquiesce to our demands: we are the ones who control him and his daemons like pawns, not the other way around ;)

Be´lakor. Remember him...

As for his chariot and rules.
1. mally should act as a BSB as well as a general but not give +100 for a banner. Fighting along aside the glorious king malekith surely would inspire you to bravery(and fear that if you screw up he´ll punish you).

2. Same stats as a normal chariot. With COs not suffering from stupidity. Impact hits+2 instead of the normal +1.

3. Fix his rediculous magic vulnerbility with a 3-4+ ward.

Otherwise I feel his rules suits him.
"Dying is for fools." - Charlie Sheen
Tolkar of har ganeth
Dark Rider

I think he should have it's chariot, but wouldn't it be sweet to have it pulled by FOUR of those beautifull new cold one models. You could increase the power a lot if you could put the fastest (M8), strongest (S5) and most ferocious cold ones (frenzy) ever to walk the earth in front of it. It would be a real token of power to have four of those mighty beast pull your chariot!

But would Seraphon be stronger than a normal dragon too, just like his chariot would be so much better than a normal one?
KILL!!!
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

four cold ones would be heaps cool. but that chariot it gonna attract an awful lot of cannon balls, then (because malekith will most likely only be available in larger games, and that is where a lot of people tend to bring cannons along to deal with the rapidly increased number of dragons, bloodthirsters and slanns)
for the rest it, of course, should not suffer from stupidity, like danceman said and a 3+ ward for the whole model would be good (although that means that he becomes some sort of settra...)
i think he shold act as a BSB as well, but if he is killed our opponent should get the +200 for killing BSB and general - it´s the witch king, he killed, after all, remember that!

and seraphon would most likely be stronger (remember: in the fluff it says that he is the strongest from the first breed)

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

He could also have the Banner of Nagarythe flying on a pole at the back of the thing. Ld10, +1cr and rerolled breaktests for everyone within 12". Joy.

His Dragon should be Nastier, like say for a start it could have MR (2)

Or, if that's too cheesy, M could be just the same, but with a new special rule:

Tied On :

Malekith is tied firmly onto his Black Dragon, so that he won't fall off the thing anytime a breeze comes through, or someone shouts loudly, or what have you.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.

Equipment: Bloodfeather, heavy armour, helm, Sea Dragon Cloak, rope x 2, month rations x 2
Tolkar of har ganeth
Dark Rider

Flying the banner of Nagarythe would be a logic thing indeed. It would also render him unbreakable, which is something you should expect from the absolute king of the dark elves. And it would give him a strong leading feel, which would fit his discription as the grandest leader of our armies. I think we should keep that idea.
KILL!!!
Darkadon
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Darkadon »

I like the idea of having four CO pulling is chariot, and him having the Banner of Nagartyhe mounted on his chariot (also counting as a BSB in all respects). So would he be a lord and two hero choices in the chariot, and an extra hero if he upgrades to the Seraphon?
Cheap GW minis

www.gc-minis.com
Layne
Arnold Layne
Arnold Layne

Post by Layne »

I would think Lord and Three either way. I also see Seraphon as an alternative, not an upgrade. Dragon and Chariot should be equally priced, equally powered. The advantage of the dragon would be flight and breath weapon, the chariot would be impact hits and Banner of Nagarythe. And the chariot would be a much better model.

Layne.
Layne

Caveat Numptor.