Cult of Slaanesh

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Sorceress
Cold One Knight

Post by Sorceress »

danceman wrote:GW wont turn Dark Elves into Chaos Elves.
Don't be so sure, if GW does half of the questionable things I've heard, we're going to be playing Khorne Elves.
<Sirist> As Malus's hateful hate-juice hit his hateful opponents, each one exploded into a bloodmist, while Malus hatefully screamed, "Blood and skulls for Khorne -- I mean, Khaine!"
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Only rules wise and even then your over dramatising the issue.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Sorceress
Cold One Knight

Post by Sorceress »

No more than saying that including some elements of the Cult of Slaanesh would make the Dark Elves into “Chaos Elves”.
<Sirist> As Malus's hateful hate-juice hit his hateful opponents, each one exploded into a bloodmist, while Malus hatefully screamed, "Blood and skulls for Khorne -- I mean, Khaine!"
Lazarus
Phlebotomist of Khaine

Post by Lazarus »

Of course there is always the simplest option...no matter what GW decides to do, it's always in the players' power to use whatever rules, lists, figures, whatever that they want to. Simply because GW publishes a new book is no reason to blindly leave behind everything that has been done before. Just because GW decides to produce a "new and improved" product in the hopes of inspiring more customers/sales, is no reason that anybody has to support it. No one has any problem with using other manufacturers minis or paints, and so long as it's not an official GW tourney, what difference does it make ? GW does, in fact, support this viewpoint with their statement in the front of the rulebook that the game is more important than a dogmatic approach to the rules, fun is more important than being officially correct. Of course there's also nothing stopping anyone from using mounted daemonettes as proxies for dark riders or daemonettes as proxies for corsairs. I would fully support a D.Net CoS list and would hope that other gamers would rethink the idea of refreshing other past published lists for 7th edition. As long as a list is agreeably balanced, there's no reason why anyone should be limited to official GW product.
I've been to Middenheim,
I've been to Ulthuan,
I've been to Cathay too,
So what, so what
so what so what you boney little f***
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

WAIT wait, waiit...If we become Chaose elves, do you think we could feild a Shagoth? I'd be ok with that. I'd be really ok with that.

Bewsides DE already count as a Chaose unit due to our dark arts and such.
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Saint of M wrote:Besides DE already count as a Chaos unit due to our dark arts and such.

What exactly do you mean by that dude?

I think guys we can ponder for quite some time about the 'what ifs' and 'maybes' of our next book, and debate for hours about whether GW *are* going to turn us into a 'Chaos Elf' army.

The point raised still stands though - and it appears a popular so far as based on response in this thread: the re-creating the Cult of Slaanesh rules for 7th edition would be a great idea: especially if druchii.net members were directly involved in its creation and not merely the D.net playtesting squad - it would be combined collaberation that should be orchestrated in an objective and mature manner.

Good idea?

- Beanz

ps. Nice metallica tribute sig there Lazarus ;)
Dam'rek
Shade

Post by Dam'rek »

As it is, most of the non-Druchii players I know are under the impression that we are ALL just Slaaneshi chaos-worshipping elves. If we got to use Daemons in our new book, that would pretty much be confirmed and my Right-wing "pro Malekith" army would be considered "unique", not the vanilla list it should be.

(That's right, I pride my army on being Vanilla)
I will bow to you on a carpet of bones. I will bathe you in the blood of nations and fill the air with the music of murdered innocents.
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

most of the non-druchii players i know are under the impression that the only worthwile list is cult of slaanesh...
and i really hope that we get an option to make our army look like a CoS army, something like that you can take brides of slaanesh for core, but then you aren´t allowed to use certain other choices etc.

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Dam'rek wrote:As it is, most of the non-Druchii players I know are under the impression that we are ALL just Slaaneshi chaos-worshipping elves. If we got to use Daemons in our new book, that would pretty much be confirmed and my Right-wing "pro Malekith" army would be considered "unique", not the vanilla list it should be.

and so you should ;) but you have to realise that the druchii combine 2 (main anyway) 'religions' in society - the khaine worshippers and the slaanesh cultists - both could do with being represented with rules: khaine is almost certainly going to be represented as he always has! The Cult will almost certainly fade out - for reasons above: notably Rorks early comments in this thread.

Frankly its VERY unlikely that the druchii will be turned into Chaos Elves - thats not a rumour, just opinion (which lets face it, until the rules come out don't really count for much!). You really don't have anything to fear.

Mr. Anderson wrote:i really hope that we get an option to make our army look like a CoS army, something like that you can take brides of slaanesh for core, but then you aren´t allowed to use certain other choices etc.

I'm sorry to put a damper to your spirits here too bro but it really ain't gonna happen - I dont really want to stir up a 'how do you know' discussion as that can be saved for elsewhere - basically its just GWs new method of keeping things simple.

I really believe that the solution to both of these raised issues really is a supporting Cult of Slaanesh list.

I'm in the progress now of discussing whether it'd be worthwhile undertaking such a project: either now, or later...

- Beanz
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

Dangerous Beans wrote:I'm sorry to pu ta damper to your spirits here too bro but it really aint gonn happen

i don´t believe in it either, but that is the only way i would like to see the cult of slaanesh in our army book - i really dislike all these appendix-lists etc.

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.
Dam'rek
Shade

Post by Dam'rek »

Slaanesh can do what (s)he likes, but I will not be happy if it gets to the point where people look at my Law-abiding Druchii army and say "No daemonettes? That's strange".

I know that's pretty much a repeat of my last post, but I feel very strongly about this.

*shuts up about it now*
I will bow to you on a carpet of bones. I will bathe you in the blood of nations and fill the air with the music of murdered innocents.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Post by Nagathi »

Dam'rek, the CoS list I keep seeing in my head will be one of those wide-spread unofficial lists. Not allowed at tourneys, but everyone knows about it and allows you to use them in friendly games. Like that Skaven mutation list..

It's still wayy too early to do anything, but it appears to be interest in it. I hope this community can work it out when time comes.

~ Nag
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye

Yeah I agree, sorry got a little caried away there! It probably is best to wait until the new book arrives and to then re-evaluate the Cult situation then: thanks for the responses though :D

- Beanz
Sorceress
Cold One Knight

Post by Sorceress »

Anyway back to my point- the Dark Elves shouldn’t ever be “Chaos Elves” and they should remain the self-proclaimed “Masters of Chaos” whomever they worship be it Khaine, Slaanesh or Lloth. Even Morathi comes across as more of a skilled diabolist who furthers her own ends through deals with Slaanesh than a devout cultist.

If the cult is portrayed in a similar fashion then it’s quite in keeping with the Dark Elf background.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

I think Beanz was the only one I've ever seen who actually got that mentality down. Most other fans of the Cult I've spoken with just want to worship Slaanesh so they can get the pretty girlz. If anything is to be done with the Cult, emphasis needs to be put on the fact that it's mostly covert and the participants think they've tricked Slaanesh somehow.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye

Wow! Gee thanks Fingol! Thats quite an honour you bestow upon me! :shock: I just always imagined that the druchii - whether Khaine or otherwise were arrogant enough to believe it was them manipulating the entities of the ether and binding the Gods to their will, rather than pledging servitude to them: Gods and Daemons are pawns to druchii to do with as they will; and if there are occasional side effects - such as their nearby pals hearts exploding in the middle of a battle (because the dark elf caster sacrificed them to slaanesh without realising it), then so be it: they got their way afterall didnt they? ;)

and what do you mean: "participants think they've tricked Slaanesh somehow..."

we know :D

- Beanz