Yes
98%
No
2%

Total votes: 164

Sulla
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Sulla »

Heh, remember when Gav wrote the designers notes for the last army book and said he reduced the speed because it didn't look fast?

Well, this one looks about Mv8, s5 and non-stupid so I hope he uses the same logic this time around... :P
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

We can but hope, probobly in vain but we can hope non the less.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Skulls for khaine
Executioner

Post by Skulls for khaine »

Darkblade83 wrote:
Brylcreem wrote:At least they look like a professional modeled them instead of the old ones which look like something my son made out of his playdough! Sweet model...going to need a slew of them to replace all the cows I currently have! Yay!
-Brylcreem

this is one of the major reasons i havent invested to much into my DE before our new book. when the new models could all look that much better why get the older ones

From what I have heard we will be getting 4 new plastic kits (Dark Riders, Cold Ones, High born and Sorceress) as well as some new metal models. Just keep that stuff in mind and starting Druchii is still a good idea as you get a head start on painting :D . I just hope for a new Hydra and with plastic Dark riders I will be happy.
Darkblade83
Corsair

Post by Darkblade83 »

well then, awsome i cant wait to get some
"The slayer of worlds has come for your soul."
Gladeius
Shade

Post by Gladeius »

Lizardmen get to keep their wierd cold ones, this one's ours! :twisted:
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Damn, I just finished buying and building 10 CoK!!! Oh well, another unit wouldn't hurt down the road!!!

Just wondering, would Lizerdmen get a similar model down the road, or would they have to resort to converting our AWSOME new model?

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

They will probobly get an update next time they get their army re done. Untill then I would imagine that many a saurus rider will be making a short trip to Karond Kar to trade in his old beast for a flashy new version.
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Gentleman of Moderation
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Hooooooot!

now thats pronouced in a more testicles in a vice singing voice with long emphasis placed on the o's. Honestly those look awesome and maybe hey they'll make cold one knights satisfactory to me to use them.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Scipio
Highborn

Post by Scipio »

sulla wrote:Heh, remember when Gav wrote the designers notes for the last army book and said he reduced the speed because it didn't look fast?

Well, this one looks about Mv8, s5 and non-stupid so I hope he uses the same logic this time around... :P

Amen brother!

They look smarter and stronger too. Maybe they will be returned to their former glory (2 attacks) and drop stupiduty as well as M 8.
Anyone else find it kinda interesting that DE will not use gun powder because its unreliable but seem to have no problem using cold ones?
Dam'rek
Shade

Post by Dam'rek »

As great as that idea sounds, we must remember that we are not the only army that can field cold ones, and if our cold ones suddenly became M8 S5 non-stupid, then how many Lizardmen players would start whinging about how our cold ones are better than theirs?

Of course, it wouldn't be hard to write into the fluff that the beastmasters make a lot of freaky changes to them to make them more powerful, but I'm not sure how many people are going to fall for that.
I will bow to you on a carpet of bones. I will bathe you in the blood of nations and fill the air with the music of murdered innocents.
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

If that were the case then the stats and rules would never change. Ultimately someone has to be first.

Besides, perhaps the dark elf cold ones are a different breed to those found in Lustria.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

perhaps the dark elf cold ones are a different breed to those found in Lustria.

There's no perhaps about it, mate :)
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Dam'rek
Shade

Post by Dam'rek »

In that case, yes it would make sense, but I can still see people whinging about it in the future, should that actually happen.
I will bow to you on a carpet of bones. I will bathe you in the blood of nations and fill the air with the music of murdered innocents.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Of course they would start moaning, but some one has to go first or people will carry on moaning about cold ones' inadiqasisys for the rest of time (well for as long as GW exists anyway). I think that LM players could be placated with a promise that there cold ones would also improve next time they got a new army book.

Gentleman of Moderation
Dam'rek
Shade

Post by Dam'rek »

True that. Okay, I'll join the mob.

"We want tougher cold ones! We want tougher cold ones! If you ever want to see your lead designer alive again, you will improve the power of Dark Elf cold ones IMMEDIATELY".
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Wow, I dont think that any one in history has ever been kidnapped for a more trivial issue. Warhammer terrorists are hard liners.

Gentleman of Moderation
Dam'rek
Shade

Post by Dam'rek »

I wouldn't kidnap the lead designer anyway, that would mean it'd take even LONGER for us to get our update.

Who should I kidnap then...
King coombs #1
Black Guard

Post by King coombs #1 »

kidnap his boss and ransom him with no pay until he gets it done. If he doesn't, after 1 day the boss looses a toe, 2 days he looses an ear, 3 a foot so on so on. Though i cant really imagine that this would be a bad thing. Come on, Who really likes their boss anyway.

If that fails, well sit down and have a coffee and wait.

:)
Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

"Coombs, why do i keep you around! :/"
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

You can kidnap Jes Goodwin if want but i expect there would be an immediate counterplot launched by Dark Eldar players to have him released.

He'd probably use his "Mad suculpin skilz" to fashion a steam drill to effect his escape from the dingy cellar you would be keeping him in.
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

you people are terible criminals you kidnap the designer's family small children and all and every month there isn't a new codex you send him back one finger of one of his most precious of kin or his wife. Simple Sadistic and Effective.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Highborn on black dragon
Executioner

Post by Highborn on black dragon »

God dammit, just bought and painted 10 CoK and we've got that ultra mega hyper cool model. I'm feeling a bit screwed.
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Ah but where to keep them away from the police? Do we take them abroad or stay local?

Snap out of it man were not realy do this (slaps self)

Gentleman of Moderation
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

you people are terible criminals you kidnap the designer's family small children and all and every month there isn't a new codex you send him back one finger of one of his most precious of kin or his wife. Simple Sadistic and Effective.

It's about time someone worked it out. All this kidnapping the boss crap is very over-rated.

As great as that idea sounds, we must remember that we are not the only army that can field cold ones, and if our cold ones suddenly became M8 S5 non-stupid, then how many Lizardmen players would start whinging about how our cold ones are better than theirs?

Of course, it wouldn't be hard to write into the fluff that the beastmasters make a lot of freaky changes to them to make them more powerful, but I'm not sure how many people are going to fall for that.

They already have different stats at the moment. Dark Elf cold ones are a more ferious northern breed, represented currently by having I3 as opposed to I2.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Sedro
Beastmaster
Location: sieging Ulthuan...alone when not in gothenburg Sweden

Post by Sedro »

Dark elves gets higher initiativ on everything the horse the cold ones, bad luck that the HE always strikes first :x
By the way those models are awsome!!!!
Dangerous Beans
The Guiding Eye
Location: Sat drinking 'soul stealer' cocktails in the city of Vilebrier with Morathi...

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Just as a note (and it was mention briefly earlier on this page...) our Cold Ones were discovered in the subterranean caverns beneath Klar Kharon IIRC (I can;t off the top of my head cite which city it actually is) - the Highborn there went hunting and discovered a secret entance that led to the underway (undergound caverns that our fleet uses to conduct raids unkown by the asur into their realm) - our 'Cold Ones' are a different breed to the swamp and jungle dwelling lizardmen ones.

Thus, you just edit the name 'Cold Ones' to something a little different: GW have done it before with a unit based on a Lizzie special character in 5th edition: Tichi Huichi's Horned One Raiders and subsequently the introduction of Horned Ones to the Southlands list (same as Cold Ones but +1 Movement and no stupidity but no 'Thick Skinned' rule - ie. +2 Armour Save).

Ours could equally be called 'Clawed Ones' and have S5 or 2As or no stupidity or any other combination of rules that might 'suit the models' (a method Gav adopted when explaining the M7 Cold Ones of 6th edition repute... ;))

- Beanz