No dark elf Sorcerer!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Valketh
Trainee Warrior

Post by Valketh »

Havent really thought about those facts. You are right by the fact that they would shoot the mage on site.
"amatures study tactics, professionals study logistics"
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

Fingol Darkwater said:

If they are killed on site, how would they be as common? Druchii live in fairly close quarters, I imagine it would be difficult to hide magical talent, especially once you start to develop your skills. Remember; Malekith truly believes that his life will end at the hands of one of these individuals. There is no way in hell he'd allow any of them to live. They're out there, but anyone who employs, harbors, or interacts with them is in serious danger. Sometimes though, it's worth the risk (I can only imagine the type of payment that the convents require for their services )

They are hunted just like cult of pleasure is, yet cult thrives, why outlaw sorcerers wouldn't? Druchii might live in close quarters, but they also live *very* secretive lives. And elves don't have some inbuilt magic radars, you can't tell magic user from non-magic user until one starts flinging spells left and right. Only other way is to catch sorcerer while he's studying magic... which he probably does in *very deep* secret.

True enough. Despite their best efforts they are neither Jedi nor anime charecters (Don't get the reference, watch Starwars, and a couple episodes of DBZ or Naruto.)

Krupp said:

How about a (recent) traitor High elf mage. I don't think Malekith would be so quick to turn away such a powerful ally.
Perhaps the mage has earned his right to live by stealing something valuable from the Tower of Hoeth. Maby hes wise enough not give up all the secrets he knows. Staying alive as long as he stays usefull.

He'd still die as soon as he set foot in Naggaroth... High elves and Dark elves don't mix, no matter how deprived that high elf might've became, he just won't have a chance to prove it. Malekith would take that item from Hoeth, and torture the mage until he let all secrets out, then give him to witches for a nice sacrifice.

It depends on the dark elf. In the Harpy fluff stroy in the book, both the slave master and the captain were said when the asur youth was ten because he would have made them a pretty penny (despite his age, he had a soldier's stance and aura about him.) I'm guessing if they think he's tough enough for the job, they could break him into one of their own.
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

They are hunted just like cult of pleasure is, yet cult thrives, why outlaw sorcerers wouldn't? Druchii might live in close quarters, but they also live *very* secretive lives. And elves don't have some inbuilt magic radars, you can't tell magic user from non-magic user until one starts flinging spells left and right. Only other way is to catch sorcerer while he's studying magic... which he probably does in *very deep* secret.

Since when was the Cult thriving? The very definition of a cult is that it's a fringe organization. Sure they got together for a campaign once, but that was the bulk of their support. Sounds like propaganda to me. And yes, part of being able to sense the winds of magic as naturally as elves do is being able to sense those who practice the dark art. They practically reek of dhar.
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Handmaiden
Beastmaster

Post by Handmaiden »

I understand that there are not supost to be any male Druchii magic wielder. Because of the whole male sorcerer betraying Maleketh thing, but it would be nice if GW made some kind of renegade sorcerer. For some unknown reason, I do not like the sorcereses(sp?). I'm thinking on just converting a "traitor" mage into a Druchii one by using some of that green stuff that GW makes.

You dont have to be limited to GW canon in these respects. You can say that in your army's continuity there are a few male sorcerors working for discerning highborns, even if theyre all renegade, as has been mentioned earlier.

You could even say that your army is set in a time before Malekith heard the prophecy about his own doom and banned all male sorcerors.

I feel a similar way about all Male Assasins, so I'm converting a female one. The idea being that she is a Hag Queen who usually mentors the young (male) assasins in training by day, but on occasion , goes out and operates as one of Morathi's assasins herself, by night.

so as long as you can justify it somehow who cares either way right lol.
I doubt they'll make a 'renegade sorcerer' because it does step on our fluff. I mean, if you were to field one if your army, what would be stopping the BG from strolling over to your Sorcerer and killing him on instinct?

I know that having a male sorceror would prevent me from fielding Malekith Morathi or Black Guard, because those would have a big animosity type problem with it clearly.

I'm thinking on just converting a "traitor" mage into a Druchii one by using some of that green stuff that GW makes.

My first time using green stuff yesterday for the same assasin so I thre myself in at the deep end. Heart was in my mouth as I only had one chance at it but I came through. Was one of the toughest things ive done modelling wise , irritated my fingers.

Good luck with your conversion though ;)
Did you know that the location of the Emperor's Golden Throne is exactly where my house used to be?
Voodoomaster
Lord General Of Khaine

Post by Voodoomaster »

Fingol Darkwater wrote:

Since when was the Cult thriving? The very definition of a cult is that it's a fringe organization. Sure they got together for a campaign once, but that was the bulk of their support. Sounds like propaganda to me. And yes, part of being able to sense the winds of magic as naturally as elves do is being able to sense those who practice the dark art. They practically reek of dhar.

seconded, the Cult is minor and i mean minor. And the Cult does not thrive in Naggaroth, it is deep underground and highly secretive. There very existance is always at stake, there would be a coven of no more than a couple of hundred, or maybe a thousand in each city (Even smaller in places like Ghrond, Naggarond and Har Ganeth) [Going on the estimation that the six great cities have a population of between 200,000 and 1,000,000{Ghrond being the smallest, Naggarond the largest}]
"For every victory there is a defeat, for every defeat there is a victory. My victory, my defeat are for all to see..."
Khael Vraneth, Lord-General of Khaine.
Valketh
Trainee Warrior

Post by Valketh »

Thank you for the tips handmaiden. They are much appreciated. I also like your idea os a female assasin. I completely support it.

As for my opinion on the cult. I do believe that they were strong, but is becoming weaker by the day.(just my opinion)
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Maybe thriving is a bad word, but I believe cult of pleasure is rooted deeply enough for Hellebron to be constantly worried about it, and that makes it high enough priority... which wouldn't be the case if it was so non-threatening.

handmaiden wrote:You could even say that your army is set in a time before Malekith heard the prophecy about his own doom and banned all male sorcerors.

problem is that the prophecy was given to Caledor when Aenarion had drawn the widowmaker... some time before Malekith was even born.

There are no female assassins, as female children caught during death night become witches.
There are no witch had assassin trainers, assassins train assassins.

Malekith and other male sorcerers, of course not. But Morathi leads cult of pleasure, who knows what else she's behind? she might be giving save haven to those lucky sorcerers who survive first few years of practice, maybe she's looking for the one from the prophecy as well? for her own reasons as well.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Valketh
Trainee Warrior

Post by Valketh »

Oh ya, I forgot about that whole female thing. Well mabe It could be a female who has alot of assasin like talent and is spared.
Slerac fellblade
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Slerac fellblade »

Kargan DaemonClaw wrote:Single sexed magic users seems to be the norm in GW.

Empire - all male wizards
Bretonnia - all female wizards
Dark Elves all female
High Elves all male

Orges all male
Tomb kings all male

So it's only Wood Elves and Vampire counts that have models made of wizards of both sexes.

If you want to make a wizard of a sex that isn't depicted then you can easily convert one, especially from the high elf wizard.

Empire has all male because the range is all male. It makes little to no sense making a human female mini for a line thats all male when the fluff says anyone with magic can attend the colleges or be burned at the stake.

Brettonia it is specifically in their fluff

Dark elves only legally

High Elves: since they roll much like the DE in most military aspects and they don't have aprophesy that says a male wizard will make their king die. They actually can have female wizards and even in Mark of Chaos the Elf chick was the sorceress in both the book and the video game.

Ogres since there is only one female model in the range and it is a mail order mini it can be said it makes no sense to model female butchers

Tomb Kings again mostly all skeletons and dead things Khalida being the only thing in the range with slightly female look to her.
Ian: We are trying to help as many starving children as possible
Me: Wait a day and there will be less of them
Valketh
Trainee Warrior

Post by Valketh »

I cannot seem to find any of the oop sorcerer models. I could just convert a mage model and say that its a dark elf sorcerer that is recruted by a highborn because he knows that the sorcerer has great skill.
Handmaiden
Beastmaster

Post by Handmaiden »

There are no female assassins

then there'll be one when I'm done :roll:

, as female children caught during death night become witches.

I know, thats why my assasin is also a Witch Elf Hag Queen for most of the time in my background. The assasin persona she has would be a night stalking vigilante type alter ego.

There are no witch had assassin trainers, assassins train assassins.

The Hag Queens train assasins actually. And my female assasin is effectively both a witch and an assasin in this background explanation.

The problem with thinking that "Assasins train assasins" , is that it had to of started somewhere wouldnt it a non assasin would of had to of trained an assasin up at some point.

But yeah I'm not trying to justify it to anybody, as I find the current assasin model range gw has to be uninspiring. That and Assasins do not have time to train children in the fluff anyway, so no, assasins dont train assasins, except in this case.
Last edited by Handmaiden on Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Did you know that the location of the Emperor's Golden Throne is exactly where my house used to be?
Valketh
Trainee Warrior

Post by Valketh »

Nice ego, what bitz will you use in order to create your model?
Handmaiden
Beastmaster

Post by Handmaiden »

http://www.estalia-shop.com/shop/images ... _copia.jpg

-Its a conversion based off that one. Hair completely redone in green stuff spear will be changed and armour filed away to be a black skin tight ninja suit with a few detailed patterns on painting. ;)
Fingol darkwater
Witch King's Envoy

Post by Fingol darkwater »

Dalamar wrote:Maybe thriving is a bad word, but I believe cult of pleasure is rooted deeply enough for Hellebron to be constantly worried about it, and that makes it high enough priority... which wouldn't be the case if it was so non-threatening.

No worries. The Cult of Pleasure will never be completely wiped out on Naggaroth or Ulthuan. The difference on Naggaroth is that Malekith has been using the Cult since before the Sundering. It's a great tool if you think about it; it keeps mainstream Druchii society on it's toes and provides an outlet for deviants who may grow up to be some of the greatest masters of subterfuge (I'm talking about the guy who assasinated Aethis the Poet).

There are no female assassins, as female children caught during death night become witches.

I've never been able to find a reference to this. The book just says babies who survive the cauldron are trained as assassins with no specification of gender. Where did GW establish this?
Druchii Discussion and History mod

Behind every mask, is a man
who can't live in his own skin.
He lives by the flask.
He bathes in his past
and dies of his own sins
Valketh
Trainee Warrior

Post by Valketh »

Say, that will look very nice when its all said and done. You should post photos as you progress. :)
Lordofthenight
Malekith's Personal Guard

Post by Lordofthenight »

There are no female assassins, as female children caught during death night become witches

I've never been able to find a reference to this. The book just says babies who survive the cauldron are trained as assassins with no specification of gender. Where did GW establish this?

That's what it says, but I thought it was only male babies who were thrown to the cauldron? That the female ones were instead trained as witch elves, as opposed to being offered to Khaine.
Punishment leads to Fear. Fear leads to Obedience. Obedience leads to Freedom. Therefore, Punishment leads to Freedom.

Kuyoz Nightkiller
WS: 4 S:3 T:3 D:4 I:4
Repeater Crossbow, Short Sword, Shade Cloak, Light Armour
5 throwing daggers, 90gc
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

I've never been able to find a reference to this. The book just says babies who survive the cauldron are trained as assassins with no specification of gender. Where did GW establish this?[/quote]

It's just one of those things we just asume.
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

Warhammer 7th Ed Rule book wrote:The witch elves steal away male children to raise in the temples to be assassins.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

I think I may have found something for ya.

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=650593#650593

Click on the middle one (it's an old school executioner, but it might work for the look your going for.)
Elvenmaster
Corsair

Post by Elvenmaster »

Well...

ass we can read in our book, there ARE generals who hire male sorcerers. because they dont want to have an debt to the Cult of Sorceresses. That can be your army fluff... :)
You took my heart
Deceived me right from the start
You showed me dreams
I wished they would turn into real
You broke the promise
And made me realise
It was all just a lie
Gerrok
Slave on the Altar

Post by Gerrok »

With all the political intrigue in dark elf society it's not hard to imagine a noble having a pocket sorcerer. Especially if he has aspirations for Malkeith's throne. And if the warriors in his army are loyal to him, then who would ever know...

The male sorcerer isn't my style though. I like the half naked spell huckers. Just like I like the half naked stabby girls. I think I just identified a trend.
:o
Gustav
Dark Rider

Post by Gustav »

i use a male renegade sorcerer on occasion just for some variation between wizards and the dark eldar models are great just a little filing and some can be used.
Melinia
Executioner

Post by Melinia »

You could also claim that your sorceror is Furion.

;)

He's mentioned in the army book AND apparently sanctioned by Malekith. Has any information ever been released on what he looks like?
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

If your sorcerer was Furion he'd have to be custom made special character ;)
speaking of which I'd love to see Furion and Hotek out there among them in the new book!
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Dark elf player
Warrior

Post by Dark elf player »

I really love the idea of a male sorcerer, but not soo much the female assasin. I like the sound of it, but i probably wont use it in my army. I hope ot goes well for you handmaiden.
Diffrence between a HE and a DE when they lose at a card game. A HE will sit ina corner and pout...a DE will wind up slitting your throat and robe ya of all of your stuff.