No dark elf Sorcerer!

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Bassman76
Highborn

Post by Bassman76 »

Hi, when I field a magic army (not very often...) I play only female, as I believe they are all convent sorceress. If I field a scroll caddy I field a male, fluffwise my general hired a male wizard to not have a debt with the temple. A male wizard should be cheaper as he could be blackmailed :twisted:
"Do you want a high payment? well, I make a call to the convent...." :mrgreen:
I a subtle society as Druchii I suppose a male could study sorcery if he manages to be not discovered.
To be so subtle and brave to break a rule is an honour for a Druchii.... until you get discovered!
when you go down, go down fighting!!

if you hang around Milan:

www.milantour.net

Special cultural events in Milan? Pretige locations for your company?

www.milanoarte.net
Rabidnid
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Rabidnid »

Sounds good :)

They mention male sorc in the army book so what you have is exactly right.!
"Luck is the residue of design"
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

If anything, we'd have a sorceror who'd use lore of death and lore of metal really well (furion and Hotek respectivly.)

Knowing Hotek, he'd wear a dark elf version of Chaose Armor so he can have all the armor he wants, and not have his spells tampered with. Being a preist of a blacksmith god, he'd also be pretty muscular (I'd be suprised if he didn't weild a maul like the Warrior preists do.)

Furrion would be a prettty powerful opponent, give how old he is and how strong in the dark arts, he'd have the +1 moddifier to cast.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Furion is probably somewhere between Morathi and Malekith in terms of magical skill, while Hotek is the single most skilled blacksmith alive in the warhammer world (as the best dwarven smiths died long time ago), Maybe Thorek can compare, but he's just the guy placing runes not making the base item, while Hotek does it from scratch.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Drasanil
Dru Perim

Post by Drasanil »

Honestly if you want a male sorcerer it's rather simple, just use good old druchii double-think!

Your male sorcerer is not really a sorcerer but one of Khaine's holy priests! Even if of noble birth, Malekith would have little reason to object, after a sorcerer will -supposedly- be his doom, not a priest. If the temple says he's a priests, who's to say any different? And what druchii would have the balls to report him?

Conveniently druchii also have access to the lore of death, which is suitable for representing a spell casting priest of Khaine, if you want to make it extra fluff, simply ask your opponent if you can overlook the Sect Enimity rule, in exchange for not using dark magic, which is largely supposed to be confined to convents.

PS: Although I'm not a big fan of certain things in the Darkblade books, elves with beards namely, the Dark Mother, and Khaine being Khorne (which is silly considering his supposed temple uses a bunch of magic). I do like the idea of spellcasting priests of Khaine, and it seems to have been further validated by W.A.R.
The truth behind the Sundering:
Rork wrote:High Elf: "I'm not fat!"
Dark Elf: "Of course you're not, dear. You've just grown lazy and indolent and wrecked the inheritance for our children!"
High Elf: "I want a divorce."
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Blessings and prayers, while acting as magic, are *not* magic. Look at D&D, there it's both magic, but one's arcane the other is divine
Here we have only magic using winds of chaos... and divine blessings separate from the eigth winds (vide prayers to Sigmar)
Priests of Khaine don't cast magic, they use Khaine's blessings empowered by sacrificial rituals.
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16