Good-bye my Cult... sweet dreams...

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Rugi
Noble
Location: probably still burried under snow after a failed backflip attempt

Good-bye my Cult... sweet dreams...

Post by Rugi »

I hoped this day will never come and it makes me very sad that it did. I have to let my Cult of slaanesh go, as it is now banned from every tournament around here and nobody wants to play against such army.

I find it very harsh to ban someones army and that is why I am against any kind of banning!

Anyway, Goodbye Cult! I will miss you darn much!

(I`m going to make a kind of a trophy out of my legendary Druchii anointed, known as Kenny, and post it here so stay tuned!)
Rakarath the beastlord
Trainee Warrior

Post by Rakarath the beastlord »

thats harsh i find the slaanesh armys intresting and challenging to play against and to let them be banned thats just cruel but turning from khaine to slaanesh thats your reward bans
Markarth The Shade
WS 4
S 3
T 3
D 4
I 4

Weapons and armour.
short sword, repeater crossbow, shade cloak

"We shall crush our kin and reclaim what is rightfully ours "- Rakarath
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Once the new book rolls around the CoS isn't going to exist, there's just no chance of it surviving based on GW's current attitude.

Starting to gear up for the new book with more 'conventional' units will have to be the way forward. (Ah well. Those devoted will just have to be painted as witch elves instead)

Rakarath the beastlord wrote:thats harsh i find the slaanesh armys intresting and challenging to play against and to let them be banned thats just cruel but turning from khaine to slaanesh thats your reward bans

Ahem, try a little grammar.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

what is the likely hood of new army formats when the new big campaigns come round? Will they still reformat the army lists for the campaigns? or are they just going to make subtle changes, like make a unit 0-1 or compulsory?

Personally i would like to see an addition to the rule book with a selection of balanced alternative armies, and therefore the return of the cult.
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Rork
Lord of Khorne
Lord of Khorne

Post by Rork »

Mr_PieChee wrote:what is the likely hood of new army formats when the new big campaigns come round? Will they still reformat the army lists for the campaigns? or are they just going to make subtle changes, like make a unit 0-1 or compulsory?

It just won't happen for a variety of reasons. Firstly, GW just won't support them in the long term, and all the players know it.

Look at Nemesis Crown - the most they came out with for that was some named characters who largely used pre-existing magic items. Since they were only ever on the website, they were just 'flavour'.

The most they're likely to do with a big campaign these days is to release something like 40k's Cities of Death alongside it. The sort of book that alters the mechanics of the game but doesn't actually touch the armies themselves in any way.

"Rork.. a wonderful guy :)" - Linda Lobsta Defenda

+++ Team Mulligans +++
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

Makes sence since the Legendary battle mechanics are almost the exact same thing as the normal Warhammer rules (just some nifty extras.)
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

I'm remaking my cult of pleasure into Slaanesh daemonic legion so no models go to waste ^^
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Elven prince
Dark Rider

Post by Elven prince »

I have to let my Cult of slaanesh go, as it is now banned from every tournament around here and nobody wants to play against such army.

I'd play against it...

Beware the Beast of Pirates Bay!
Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I hope my local GW doesn't adopt the same attitude and deny me the rite to field my CoS army. I didn't work for nearly a year on my CoS army just to have it removed like it was a disposal nappy! I'm with you Rugi.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Cynath ch'ill
Noble

Post by Cynath ch'ill »

The COS was one of the better themed armies of recent years.

All that flesh and skin tight leather...ahem.

Anyway, I think that most of us will just buy a few more units and make our lists into chaos armies - thats what i've done, and i'm very happy with the results (but can;t help but feel that i've been led all along to do this...)

R.I.P Cult, fond memories of the anointed tearing his way through units, mounted deamonette's...ahhh the good old days.
Venkh
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Venkh »

I think we should pity those players who own mixed mortal/demonic armies. They are going to have to fork out a considerable sum if they want to continue using their models.

Its inevitable really. GW will always have to invalidate bits of armies/collections if they are to be free to develop the game as they see fit.

For the record, I would play against anything as long as I had a week or so to prepare. I dont see why you shouldnt be able to arrange a game with a friend at your local store. I am sure the manager would allow it if your were both happy to play.

So the cult is NOT dead. Make up your own rules, play the game your own way. Come to an accommodation with your gaming buddies. I am sure you will find a way.
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

You could always argue that the CoS is as balanced a list and any of the books outthere, its not like you're playing a Slayer Army or a Sea Guard army..
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Rugi
Noble
Location: probably still burried under snow after a failed backflip attempt

Post by Rugi »

fond memories of the anointed tearing his way through units

Oooh yea :D That was the time... Anointed tearing apart units of chosen chaos knights, chariots, dragon ogre shagots, treemans, empire inner circle knights and steam tanks :twisted:
For the record, I would play against anything as long as I had a week or so to prepare. I dont see why you shouldnt be able to arrange a game with a friend at your local store. I am sure the manager would allow it if your were both happy to play.

Even I don`t see a point in playing it if I can`t go to any tournament with them. And I don`t want to ruin the feeling that the CoS gave me at its last tournament when I massacred a high elf and almost massacred a vampire player.
I was happy that I managed to beat the new VC three times out of three games so it was an ending that made me smile :)

Anyway, I really, truely hope that GW will re-make the CoS, maybe even in a form of a new race (chaos elves ;) maybe).
We can only hope.
Professor goodvibes
Shade

Post by Professor goodvibes »

I think we should pity those players who own mixed mortal/demonic armies. They are going to have to fork out a considerable sum if they want to continue using their models.

Ermmm, did I not get that memo? We won't be able to field a mixed army of demons/mortals/beastmen anymore? Does this mean that Chaos is to be split into three different armies now and the 'mixing' shall no longer be allowed?
-"Hey, there is a goblin sneaking up on you."
"So what?"
-"Just saying."
Comrade igor
Daemon in Disguise

Post by Comrade igor »

Professor Goodvibes wrote:

Ermmm, did I not get that memo? We won't be able to field a mixed army of demons/mortals/beastmen anymore? Does this mean that Chaos is to be split into three different armies now and the 'mixing' shall no longer be allowed?

According to the devs - yes. Though we can hope its not true until the books are out.
Best Regards, Comrade Igor.

Where there's a Whip there's a Way
Drainial
Prophet of Tzeentch
Prophet of Tzeentch

Post by Drainial »

Thats exactly it. With the new deamon book out the Hordes of Chaos book is invalidated and the three cannot be mixed. Hard luck you lot, but surely a whole new deamonic army is worth the sacrifice?
Moding a group of Druchii.net players is much like directing the musical 'Cats' using actual cats. Frustrating, difficult, chaotic but ultimatley satisfying and a great deal of fun.

Arch Deacon of the RPG forum
Gentleman of Moderation
Professor goodvibes
Shade

Post by Professor goodvibes »

No....it isn't
-"Hey, there is a goblin sneaking up on you."
"So what?"
-"Just saying."
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

I can't believe that GW are going to do that... kinda takes away all thats good in chaos... i mean you could field a 'pure' army... but why. Daemons by themselves look like a side project, if you get board one summer. not an army.
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

Daemons by themselves look sweet in the new book!
7th edition army book:
Games Played: 213
Games Won: 114 (54%)
Games Drawn: 33 (15%)
Games Lost: 66 (31%)

8th Edition army book W/D/L:
Druchii: 36/4/16
Dark elf player
Warrior

Post by Dark elf player »

I'am terribly sorry for such a loss I'm also surprised that GW will do such a thing! I do hope that you find somone to play. :( Best of luck to you noble comrade.
Diffrence between a HE and a DE when they lose at a card game. A HE will sit ina corner and pout...a DE will wind up slitting your throat and robe ya of all of your stuff.
Gustav
Dark Rider

Post by Gustav »

so its pretty much deffinite no more mixing?

I bet they'll come up with rules for it.
and yes i do find current campaigns to be very bland. No flavor or draw, now Albion a campaign worth playing.
Dark elf player
Warrior

Post by Dark elf player »

Doesnt GW already have rules for Cult of Slaanesh armies, or are they just army lists?
Diffrence between a HE and a DE when they lose at a card game. A HE will sit ina corner and pout...a DE will wind up slitting your throat and robe ya of all of your stuff.