How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

time of legends: malekith

Post by Kinslayer »

http://www.blacklibrary.com/product.asp ... &type=Book

i found this a while back but they have now put up the cover artwork. The picture makes malekith look quite a bit different than he currently looks.

also, does anyone know what the time of legends series are actually about? are they novels or facts or what?
Gaz taylor
Dark Rider

Post by Gaz taylor »

The Time of Legends series is basicly the Horus Heresy series for Warhammer. Currently trying to work my way through Heldenhammer but been distracted by Scar Night and I'm about to re-read all my Malus Darkblade books due to the new army book for Dark Elves.

They are novels which 'can' be based as fact but I think GW have said that BL books aren't cannonal in regards for the background. In other words, use a pinch of salt when classing them as factual. ;)
stuffem, tankem, ammeram

My Ramblings - http://the-gt-files.blogspot.com/
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

it would help if i knew horus heresy, im not a fan of 40k, so that line didnt help ;)
Gaz taylor
Dark Rider

Post by Gaz taylor »

The Horus Heresy series basicly visits the period of the Great Crusade 10,000 years ago from the current 40k time line and explores the different legions and armed forces of the Imperium. The Time of Legends does the same thing but for WFB, where each book visits a historical legend from each WFB race and explores their character and how the world looked for them. So the Heldenhammer/Sigmar series is about Sigmar and his rise to be the first Emperor which is 2500 years before the current timeline for WFB. The Malekith book will be something like 5000 years before the current time line and will explore his character and his motives.
stuffem, tankem, ammeram

Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

ok thanks, theres one coming very soon for nagash too - i might pick that one up for a read as well, though i can tell i would get bored of sigmars one. i only like evil :)
Blueon462
Corsair

Post by Blueon462 »

Both Nagash, and Malekith's books promise to be very interesting. I cannot wait. In the meantime it will be time to read Malus once again.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

i gave my malus books to my dad when he went back to america but my sisters flying out there in2 days and im getting her to bring them back to me for a second read
Survivor
Shade

Post by Survivor »

The front cover from the Heldenhammer novel has been released as a poster available from the Black Library. Hopefully they will do the same for the Nagash and Malekith books although I did speak to someone from BL and he said it would depend on how well the Heldenhammer poster sold.

I was thinking that GW might have missed a good opportunity here. How about releasing the novel, with a poster plus... a special edition model of the Legend himself! They could have sold these as special collectors sets and I would have thought could have sold well. The model itself wouldn`t need to be suitable to play in battles. I`m thinking more of a display piece to sit in a case or on a shelf to be admired. Imagine a model of Malekith sitting brooding on his throne! Aah... that would be great! Maybe one day.
It is time...
Blueon462
Corsair

Post by Blueon462 »

I'm thinking Nagash and Malekith books will sell significantly more books then Mr. Sigmar which one could also equate to meaning more poster sales.
Gaz taylor
Dark Rider

Post by Gaz taylor »

Survivor wrote:I was thinking that GW might have missed a good opportunity here. How about releasing the novel, with a poster plus... a special edition model of the Legend himself! They could have sold these as special collectors sets and I would have thought could have sold well. The model itself wouldn`t need to be suitable to play in battles. I`m thinking more of a display piece to sit in a case or on a shelf to be admired. Imagine a model of Malekith sitting brooding on his throne! Aah... that would be great! Maybe one day.

I think GW have tried this in the past with the Gotrek and Felix collector models they did a couple of years ago. I'm guessing that they didn't sell very well, hence why we haven't seen anything else from the Black Library modelwise (that or the sculpters are snowed under)
stuffem, tankem, ammeram

Khel
Angel of Darkness

Post by Khel »

I haven't seen the Malekith cover until now. He looks pretty bad ass during the Sundering. I'm probably going to have to start on the Time of Legends books myself.
Saldrimek Xenan - WS6 / S4 / T3 / D5 / I3

Equipment: Executioners Axe (Rune of Beastslaying - Heroic Killing Blow), 2 Scimitars (Rune of Speed - Always Strike First), Dagger, Rune Branded Leather Armour, Executioner Helm, Fine Set of Throwing Knives (x4)
Inventory: Amulet of Darkness, Poison Vials x7, Deadly Poison Vials x8
Mount: Dark Steed
Gold: 163
Skills: Ambidexterity, Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting, Ride
Class: Khainite
Rebmonk
Shade

Post by Rebmonk »

he looks very very tzeench-y
Saint of m
Highborn

Post by Saint of m »

the gold is definantly adds to the look, and the face they give is also prety goo (all grey and scared, like a walking corps almost.)
Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

I finished heldenhammer awhile ago, it was pretty good. I would put it in between the Malus series and the Horus Heresy series.
One question I have though: on the back of the sigmar book it says right on top "Book one of the Sigmar Trilogy" Then at the bottom it says "Heldenhammer is the first in a groundbreaking new series"
Does this mean there are going to be 3 books for each character? (or at least sigmar) or just the three books?

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior
Count zero
Cold One Knight

Post by Count zero »

i was assuming there will be 3 for each as all 3 characters cover quite long time spans, although i guess nagash and sigmar will overlap at some point.
plus GW tends to like to milk good ideas doesnt it?

i to will be re-reading the malus novels with the new book, and also to hlep keep the moptviation on painting all the new minis :)
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
Gaz taylor
Dark Rider

Post by Gaz taylor »

Not too sure about the others, but it has been mentioned that there will be a Sigmar Trilogy.
stuffem, tankem, ammeram

Kefka
Malekith's Best Friend
Location: That's for you to know and me to find out! Do I get a hint?

Post by Kefka »

Ya, I thought there would be a sigmar trilogy, and I guess the others will have multiple books as well. Not giving out any info, but the Sigmar book does leave some loose ends, and on the Malekith cover, it reads "The Sundering Begins." Key word there being Begins...

Fiat Obsidian - WS5 / S5 / T4 / D5 / I4
Equipment: Halberd, Zukhil Shield, Bastard Sword, Heavy Armour, Seadragon Cloak, Helmet of Slaanesh, Blackthorn Dagger
Mount: Locke (dark steed)
Gold: 488
Skills: Supernatural Awareness, Defensive Fighting, Intimidate, Drukh Kaganth (1)
Class: Warrior