-Godless-

Tally:

New Chaos Warriors W12 D0 L3

Dark Elves W8 D0 L0
Dark Alliance
Morathi's Favoured
Morathi's Favoured

Post by Dark Alliance »

I am converting my GW Shades, using the sword arm from the new plastic Bloodletter sprues. The swords are a little long and so need trimming and reshaping but it is worth it.

I'm steering away from using Menghils as I reckon lots of people will go down that route.

As an alternate, check out the Giffon range of miniatures from Racklham. There are some pistol toting scouts in there which look like a fairly simple conversion into rxbs.
Heldrak
Renegade Priest of Vaul

Post by Heldrak »

Uman
Cold One Knight

Post by Uman »

I haven't painted them up yet, but I have bought some Privateer Press minis for Warmachine and Hordes... there are 2 lots I am planning on subbing in for Shades -

Warmachine - Nyss Hunters (katanas and bows, but awesome looking minis and very dynamic to suit skirmishers. Fur-lined leather armour)

Hordes - Circle of Oroboros Reeves (double-armed crossbows, fur lined armour. Bit bulkier looking though)

U
Lord tareq
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Lord tareq »

I'm using 6 Executioner models. They have repeater crossbows hung from their waists, and make very imposing Shades armed with great weapons.
They'd especially suit a ToK army well, making them some kind of elite khainite commando unit.
Now it's been ten thousand years. Man has cried a billion tears.
For what he never knew, now man's reign is through.

But through eternal night. The twinkling of starlight.
So very far away. Maybe it's only yesterday.
Dalamar
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Post by Dalamar »

wearing rather heavy armour ;) but I like the idea anyway :P

I would also wait and see if Gamezone comes up with anything :P

Their corpse cart is butt ugly though, but they made nice harpies (filling required on top of regular assembly though I heard) and pretty badass dark riders ;) (I don't like their cold ones, sue me!)
Alkatchoff
Corsair

Post by Alkatchoff »

I'll be using High Elf Archers as the basis for my shades.
The robes, if painted in a dark color scheme, should do well enough to make the unit look like sneaky infiltrators. Add Wood Elf hooded heads and Dark Elf weapons and the unit's set.

With 16 models in the box, there's room for lots of variation too. I'm looking at two units:
One in shooting poses, with x-bows in hand and great weapons on their backs, and the other with x-bows strung at the waist and great weapon in hand.
Yourmumrang
Noble

Post by Yourmumrang »

I'll be converting the new Shades. My Anointed has a Halberd-like GW so the Shades will use converted swords as Halberds.
Aspiring executioner
Assassin
Location: Raiding Lustria for more cake...(Newcastle, Australia)

Post by Aspiring executioner »

I've converted GW Shades with warrior weapons to make it look like Great Weapons. You can see the results here.http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=55641
Dark Elf Tally using the 6th Ed. list
W: 11 D: 2 L: 8
Dark Elf Tally using the 7th Ed. List
W: 24 D: 2 L: 6
Amarel
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Amarel »

I used Wood Elf Glade Guards models as a base, clipped off the arrows from the quiver and then replaced them with the hilt of a High Elf sword (which I had a load of from making Dark Riders from converted Silver Helms).

If I didn't upload a pic of them a couple of years ago, when I made them, I can do so if you want to see them.

EDIT: Okay nearer 18 months ago, than a year and I didn't realise that the Album Forum was kerfuggered. I'll see if I can find the pic and upload it somewhere else.
Last edited by Amarel on Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Serving Slaanesh
Owner of one too many armies...
Mr_piechee
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Mr_piechee »

Heldrak wrote:Go old-school, baby!

http://www.solegends.com/marauder/mm73descouts.htm

funny that... i have a few of those models! some of them are great! there a little shorter than the current range though, and i believe even shorter than the new elves (aren't the new elves that little bit taller than the standard 28mm model? or was it just that new skeletons are shorter?)

i must admit the shades arn't the best models, but i love the flayers. yes lots of people will be using them, but you can say that about most models!
[hope you don't mind my random babel] ~ Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will ~ my pics