Bit of help with Cauldron of blood?

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Warpmaster
Trainee Warrior

Bit of help with Cauldron of blood?

Post by Warpmaster »

Could someone firstly tell me what sized base the current cauldron come with?

Reason i'm asking is i got this model a few months back and was going to use it has a kipper but not so keen on the idea now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/ ... 0062-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/ ... 0063-3.jpg

I was thinking that seeing as my army is themed around old school Drow from D&D i could turn it into part of my Couldron of blood.With the whole queen of the daemon web thing going on.

Dumb idea?
Irtehdar
Assassin

Post by Irtehdar »

Okay I dont like the Drow idea because I like Druchii too much and Im not that keen on them being comparred to Drow but anyway thats not the point.
Your saying your army is themed in a way where this model would fit in I would say go for it. Heck if that model was in my possession I would at the very least involve it in terrain. It looks like a great model that deserves a spot on a table and I think it could make a great CoB. May I advice you take a look on this model if you intend on including a cauldron to the model.
http://www.crocodilegames.com/secure/in ... =54&Page=2
Daddy! I sorta kinda had an accident... I was playing with my slave and it sorta... Umm... It's arm fell off!
*sobs*

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"

Any idiot can measure strenght. Against properly played MSU you must measure something you cannot see.
Warpmaster
Trainee Warrior

Post by Warpmaster »

May I advice you take a look on this model if you intend on including a cauldron to the model.

Snap ;)

Already got that model and allready have a plan for her :lol:
The adept
Warrior

Post by The adept »

The cauldron doesn't have a base, as such, and it doesn't need one as it's an indistructable war machine.
The Lord Bittersteel, master of the Arc of Tears, and all-round nasty git!
Narius phinshredder
Executioner

Post by Narius phinshredder »

The Adept wrote:The cauldron doesn't have a base, as such, and it doesn't need one as it's an indistructable war machine.

Although it doesn't have a base, I found it quite useful to mount it on a base (I used a a chariot base) it saves the edges from getting scuffed. Plus you can stand the Death Hag on the front!
Silverheimdall
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Silverheimdall »

then use whatever base you want for it.
Nagathi
The Exiled One

Re: Bit of help with Cauldron of blood?

Post by Nagathi »

Warpmaster wrote:Could someone firstly tell me what sized base the current cauldron come with?
As with all war machines, it doesn't have a base. The crew, which are killable, have bases (three 20mm bases). The bottom of the Cauldron is roughly 40x80mm though.

~ Nag
Phierlihy
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Phierlihy »

I don't get how a spider woman has anything to do with a Cauldron of Blood but...
Mr. anderson
Dark Illusionist

Post by Mr. anderson »

phierlihy wrote:I don't get how a spider woman has anything to do with a Cauldron of Blood but...

It doesn't directly have anything to do with a cauldron of blood. But indirectly it has a lot to do with it.
A cauldron of blood is a "link" to the main god of the Druchii, an manifestation of his power. Through it they communicate with Khaine. The spider women on the other hand are the connection between the Drow and their gods. So if you have a Drow-themed Dark elf army (heretic! ;) ), you will of course tend to use a spider-woman (I forgot their real name...) to represent a connection or a manifestation of the main god of your army.

HUZZAH!
When I think of something witty, I shall put it here.