Hydra vs. Cold One Knights

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

Darkwand wrote:Bretonnian warhorses are 8" and so are high elves. Wild Riders could be classed as heavy cavalry and they're 9".

Most "evil" race has M7 on their cavalry, so saying that the Cold One aren't good because they are M7 isn't a good point, in my opinion.

There's 2 opinions about the Cold One Knights, you like them or not.
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Odium
Trainee Warrior

Post by Odium »

Also don't forget that if you lose a couple CoKs your combat effectiveness drops . If your Hydra takes a couple wounds he is still just as great as with full wounds, except for the flaming breath which will lower the S of the attack if it lost a couple wounds. The hyrda doesn't have to take a panic test if it lost a couple wounds but 5 CoK will if they lose a few guys.
"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."
-Napolean Bonaparte-
Darkwand
Shade

Post by Darkwand »

My main point was that the knights are expensive and stupid.

Hydra rules, it's nice when used as a flanker alonside an anchor, for example.

Odium wrote:Also don't forget that if you lose a couple CoKs your combat effectiveness drops . If your Hydra takes a couple wounds he is still just as great as with full wounds. The hyrda doesn't have to take a panic test if it lost a couple wounds but 5 CoK will if they lose a few guys.

Same thing with Cold One Chariot vs. Cold One Knights.
Odium
Trainee Warrior

Post by Odium »

Darkwand wrote:Same thing with Cold One Chariot vs. Cold One Knights.

True, but this topic is about CoK vs Hydra. You can always drop both the Hydra and CoK to take a chariot and and have some 75ish points left over to beef up some other units if you wish.

I prefer hyrdas then chariots then CoK.

My opponents seem to fear the units in that order as well. When I do use CoK, I make sure I have AT LEAST 6, hopefully 7 or more, so shooting or magic doesn't make then weak.
"Never interrupt your enemy while he is making a mistake."
-Napolean Bonaparte-