Reviving the Cult of Slaanesh

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Should we remake the Cult of Slaanesh list?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 60

Crawd
Malekith's Best Friend

Post by Crawd »

I'll stop posting here after this post.

What's the point of asking "Should we remake the Cult of Slaanesh list?" if I just can't say my opinion and read post like:

heat-13 wrote:If you don't then please ignore us by all means

Basicly you're asking opinion about it and saying later that if you're against to just don't express our opinion, I call this pretty much a useless question. Sorry but I expressed my opinion but I don't accept to read that I should have just ignored the post when you asked opinion on the topic.
And the server wrote:Internal Server Error
Heat-13
Beastmaster

Post by Heat-13 »

@ Crawd. Basically I said that, because by this point it is clear that a lot of people want to remake the list, so we're just going to go ahead with it.

Its not that I'm ignoring your opinion, or anybody elses. Its just that by that particular point in the thread, it was evident that people want to remake the list and we will do that. Its also that once that it becomes clear that people want to do something, they also don't want people to keep saying how its a "bad idea" over and over and over again. Thanks for your input though, it always helps to see the argument from he other side. And though I may not agree with your comments, I found them useful, so your input and opinions are appreciated.

(Hopefully I made a clear response, as for my last response please try not to stick to much to the actual wording, for example English is my 2nd language and therefore inconsistencies may arise due to my phrasing)
WS:4 S:3 T:3 D:5 I:4
Basic Stealth, Blood Frenzy, Two Weapon Fighting
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod
Rugi
Noble
Location: probably still burried under snow after a failed backflip attempt

Post by Rugi »

As for the leadership, I'd be happy to take up responsibility, but I would also prefer that I wouldn't have to do it alone, so maybe we should have two team leaders? (It will be more helpful to have two people in terms of absences, workload management, decisions, etc)

I accept you as a leader :) You should probably also decide who would replace you in your absence?

So when do we start? :P
Mr. tibbs
Shade

Post by Mr. tibbs »

Maybe the best way to start is by having heat-13 start a thread for list suggestions and locking this thread. Or not. I don't know.

But I'm going to mull over the possibilities for a few days and try to come up with my own thoughts about what the list should/should not include. I'm very much against the "best of both worlds" idea for the list, and think that it should focus on character.

So right off the bat, I'll say again: No mortals.

Also, I agree that anything on Cold Ones is a sound exclusion. Fluffwise, a Noble who secretly worships Slaanesh COULD have a chariot, but I think the army should be all speed and no brutishness.

These are just my opinions, though, and I'm looking forward to a lively discussion about what should be included!
Heat-13
Beastmaster

Post by Heat-13 »

Thanks for your trust in me guys, as I've said I'll happily become the annointed of the cult and lead you on! =)

I think it's a good idea to PM langmann and ask him what he thinks about this and ask his advice on how we should do this, I'll PM him tonight or tomorrow.

Returning once again to leadership I will be here most days, so that should be OK, but I am going off to uni soon, so I might struggle a bit with the whole organizational workload. The good news is that I only have three eight week terms + freshers. So I will be here activly during the holidays, etc. But I still think its a good idea for someone to be joint leader. C'mon people, volunteer yourselves, untapped power lies just in your reach... How about you mr. tibbs? You made some great suggestions so far... =)

Also another important aspect of this is the people involved from the website. I think its a bit too early to recruit people to do things, as I've said I will PM langmann 1st.

However, I think everybody should be making suggestions in this thread and discuss them in general terms, it will help us greatly when we actually get to the writing. I will keep you informed...

Now let us discuss the good and the bad points of the old CoS list.

Good points:
Finesse of play, great characters and magic items.

Bad points:
Mortals, everything in one army type of thing.

Just my perspective. What do you think?

EDIT: I just pm'd langmann, let's see what he thinks.
Eq: S Swordx2, R Crossbow (8 clips), 3xT.Daggers (2gd,1exc) Shade Cloak, Wolfskin Cloak, Stealth armor,s drugs, ring,50ft s.rope, 4rations.33.3 gp
Group 21 Mod
Rugi
Noble
Location: probably still burried under snow after a failed backflip attempt

Post by Rugi »

Thanks for your trust in me guys, as I've said I'll happily become the annointed of the cult and lead you on! =)

Anointeds never were generals so you should rather say that you are happy to become a sorceress ;)

Good points:
Characters, ability to take mark of slaanesh, daemons

Bad points:
Mortals, chaos armour on elves(?),...
Crazyhorse
Highborn

Post by Crazyhorse »

Well I have never been an avid player of the cult, however I shall offer what little I can to the cause.

Heat-13 for leader, may he choose a good second in command, a true druchii, one that will stab him in the back and take control of the thread as soon as they see fit.

-crazyhorse

P.S. I agree with the good/bad points from above, but how much will we really have to change? I mean they are only one rulebook old now so we have a base to work off of.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you.
Langmann
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician
Malekith's Tastetester & Physician

Post by Langmann »

Hey,

I appreciate that you folks want to revise the Slaaneshi list. All the power to you. It will be hard to revise the list and have other people let you play against them with it. I have seen so many across the table arguments about powergaming that the official game seems to inspire. Hence things that are not official require a special kind of opponent. Similar to those people who allowed us to playtest against them during the revision and the creation of the original Slaaneshi list.

However I still think it would be a fun exercise and experience for all. I encourage you to may a new thread devoted to this in the appropriate forum and have at it. As I said to Gav T a long time ago, "the players of this game are your biggest allies in regards to playtesting and balance. use them."

Deciding whether it will have the Druchii.net stamp on it is I suppose, up to the moderators of this site.

Good luck. Have fun.
While running a million dollar company, singing at weddings, and his frequent jetting to Spain Elton Jon style, Dark Alliance found the time to stand on the doorstep of Games Workshop like Moses and the Pharoah and calmly state, "Let my people go."
Heat-13
Beastmaster

Post by Heat-13 »

Righto... I will make and official discussion thread now, as this thread has fulfilled it purpose in my opinion.

So yeas the cult will be back! If GW ain't going to do it, we will =P

EDIT: Made the thread - it can now be found here: http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?p=709843#709843
Group 21 Mod
Matricide
Corsair

Post by Matricide »

Rugi wrote:I would love to see an appearance of new heroes like devoteds hero (similar as a death hag) and of course the return of anointed which should stay just as he was. ;)

There could also be some kind of upgrades like chosen units in chaos. Chosen of Slaanesh maybe? :)

Dreadlord - Anointed
Hag - Hierophant
Master - Herald
(not thinking about replacing, more about what direction their abilities go after)

Chosen? Hmm, maybe elves of steeds of Slaanesh? Or more anointed kinds of elv-daemon hybrids? 8)
Methuselah
Shade

Post by Methuselah »

I agree with Crawd. I really don't see the point to the CoS. The CoS list just seemed like a cheap way for DE players to get a nasty TO4 general. If you like chaos and slaanesh so much, WoC will be out next month. Leave the dark elves out of it!
Heroes Never Truly Die - Cowards Never Truly Live
Themortalgod
Slave on the Altar

Post by Themortalgod »

heat-13 wrote:My trouble with cold ones is that while they could be trained by cultists, they would be too easy to find. And very few trained CoK nobles would openly ally with the cult. So maybe a 0-2 restriction or something like that, or make the CoK and CoC rare? As the cult is pushed for resources?

Maybe even remove cold ones altogether? If you think about it the cult shouldn't really have any interest in using cold ones at all. Slaanesh is all about pleasure and sensation. Cold Ones cause their rider to lose his/her senses and thus strip him/her of his ability to take part in the Slaaneshi beliefs and rituals.