revealing assassins and throwing stars

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Dainis_silentblade
Warrior

revealing assassins and throwing stars

Post by Dainis_silentblade »

just a quick question, if one of my units containing an assassin is charged by an enemy unit. Can I then reveal the assassin and stand and shoot with throwing stars before striking first against said enemy unit?
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Yes he can, provided the charge allows a stand and shoot, so the enemy must be over half charge away etc.

This belongs in the rules questions forum.
Drek
Malekith's Best Friend

Re: revealing assassins and throwing stars

Post by Drek »

dainis_silentblade wrote:just a quick question, if one of my units containing an assassin is charged by an enemy unit. Can I then reveal the assassin and stand and shoot with throwing stars before striking first against said enemy unit?

You may only reveal an assasin at the start of one of your turns, or at the start of any close combat phase. So...

-if he was revealed prior to the unit being charged, he may stand and shoot
-if he was not revealed prior to the unit being charged, he may not stand and shoot.
Kinslayer
Roleplaying Deity
Roleplaying Deity

Post by Kinslayer »

Ah yeah, I though you meant if he had revealed that turn. What Drek says is right though, he can't reveal after the charge and still stand and shoot, but he can obviously still ASF if he does stand and shoot, the two rules have nothing to do with one another.