New to WH and DE, need help making list

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

Zeruel
Slave on the Altar

New to WH and DE, need help making list

Post by Zeruel »

Hello everyone, I'm new here so first of all hello to everyone. I've been playing 40K for over 3 years now and its a lot of fun but Fantasy has always intrigued me and appears to be more popular in the area so I snatched up the Dark Elves army book a few weeks ago since I like the look of the models, and I like the idea of aggressive magic and since I play Chaos and Daemons in 40K I wanted to do something a little different in Fantasy.

As I said I love the magic so it should be no surprise that I want to try my hand at a Ghrond themed army. I'm not to sure how to best theme it but I would like to focus on a more combat and magic heavy army with a couple Sorceresses and a Supreme Sorceress as the general. How would you suggest I go about it? I'm all for just about anything except I'm not a fan of Khainite units (aside from Assassins). Which units should I be looking at, etc?
Bele
Slave (off the Altar)

Post by Bele »

Dark Riders and harpies are very popular in most armies, some dark elf warriors without shields are cheap sacrifice material for a sorceress and if you put a champion in there he can take challenges for your sorceress. a unit of 20 spear elves is also a good idea to get some static CR into the army and you gotta love RXB warriors. on the special units side we have Cold one knights and chariots, hard hitters but have the stupidity rule. Black guards are very popular to with stubborn, 2 S4 attacks with rerolls with rerolls every round of combat and 5+ AS. And most armies takes RBTs, Hydras or both.
One-s
Beastmaster

Post by One-s »

First of all welcome to the community.
I wont tell you what your army should look like.
Instead I'll give you some directions.
Here you can find some example lists with a lot of different compositions

http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=55572

Besides lists you can also find usefull information on the use of certain units, ...
It's full of everything ;)

If you went through that "sub"-forum, try to make a list and post it here:

http://www.druchii.net/viewforum.php?f=4

I hope you can find the answer you seek and if you've got a list, just post it and people will point out ways of improvement (if any).