Adapting Closed DE Army list for Mighty Empires Campaign

How to beat those cowardly High Elves?

Moderators: Layne, The Dread Knights

C873788
Slave on the Altar

Adapting Closed DE Army list for Mighty Empires Campaign

Post by C873788 »

I'm playing DE in a mighty empires campaign against 7 other opponents whose armies are WOC, Demons with BT, VC, Skaven, Bretts, Empire, and OK.

Each battle in each round is 2250 points and is closed list. That means I can change my DE army each time so I can cater for the threats posed by each different army. For instance, I would field Witch Elves against VC as their frenzy ability and extra attacks would rip through skeletons. If I were playing the shooty Skavens, I might drop the WE as they are too vulnerable to missiles. On a side note, the Demon player always picks a BT.

What I'm interested in is people's opinions on what to take and definitely what not to take when facing one of these individual armies from an overall point of view including what are the vital units, characters, magic items etc people consider relevant and why.

While the 'High Level Tactica against all Races' is a very useful thread, it doesn't seem to completely cover what I'm asking here in all cases.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.

[Edit] - Forgot to mention no special / named characters allowed in campaign (too cheesy)
Irtehdar
Assassin

Post by Irtehdar »

One small thing regarding the Mighty Empires campaign that is not really related to the battles themselves.Each game earns you points with which you can buy your empire. Dont go out and expand right away. It is beneficial to be behind on empire strenght early on because of the nice options you get here. For one you have first picks on the special effects that govern each game. Take the ''Scouts'' option that allows you to deploy last. This is a massive benefit that when used skillfully outweight anything else. Secondly being behind allows you a greater oportunity to pick the opponents you want to fight against.

All you have to do to win the campaign is to be the first to reach 10 in empire strenght. So if you hold back early on and buy all the land you can once an opponent gets close to winning the campaign you can go from being considered no threat by your opponents to be the winner.
Daddy! I sorta kinda had an accident... I was playing with my slave and it sorta... Umm... It's arm fell off!
*sobs*

"3/4 of games are won by deathstars. Copy this into your signature if you still use real tactics to win"

Any idiot can measure strenght. Against properly played MSU you must measure something you cannot see.